Confused about the "free gratuities"

canadarocks

No' date=' there is no tax on gratuities. Our cruise with complimentary grats lists exactly the recommended amount.

Is your cruise being calculated in USD?[/quote']

I never thought of that. It's priced in Canadian which of course explains the difference! Thanks so much.... I feel like an idiot now! :D

nice - welcome to cruise critic - where the idiots ( I'm on the board of directors ) abound..

read as many threads that you have time for, but remember to take each post, including this one with a grain, err, shaker of salt...

i'm not sure anyone would ever book a cruise after reading all the posts on here...;p

nice - welcome to cruise critic - where the idiots ( I'm on the board of directors ) abound..

read as many threads that you have time for, but remember to take each post, including this one with a grain, err, shaker of salt...

i'm not sure anyone would ever book a cruise after reading all the posts on here...;p

LOL.... if you check my "post count" you'll see I've been here for quite a long while. Doesn't change the fact that I can be an idiot sometimes. :o

At work I would ask questions in meetings that I knew other people wanted to ask but they were afraid they would look stupid. I always figured it was better to look stupid than to be stupid (by not asking and so not understanding) so I asked the questions. Many times I was thanked after the meeting by several others who had been afraid to ask as they thought they were the only one who didn't know what the heck was going on.

I was walking the dog, and you beat me to it.. voljeep and sweet, do not belong in the same sentence...:cool:

When I was still working I had someone tell me, "You are the most patient person I have ever met". When I told people who know me "in real life" I got some pretty funny reactions. I think beer flew out of one person's nose. Of course work is different from real life. I was paid to be patient and nice and, besides, it was the best way to get the job done. Outside of work, "patient and Thrak" didn't belong in the same sentence. (Now that I'm retired I have quite a bit of patience. I'm almost never in a hurry. It's always either Saturday or Sunday. :cool:)

I think Princess ups the price of the cruise to "include" the gratuties. Then they claim "free gratuties"

Just like buy one get one free at grocery stores. The one is always a higher price

In our case, the free gratuities came in addition to a great price after the final payment date. I'm still stumped to how we got such a great deal. We paid less than $50 a day per person for a balcony cabin and got free gratuities.