Asia cruise visas

Hi does anyone know for definate whether any visa's are needed for the cruise with the following itinerary please:

Langkawi, Penang and Malacca - Malaysia

Singapore

Koh samui, Bangkok - Thailand

Phumy (Ho chi minh city) - Vietnam

Sihanoukville - Cambodia

Port Klang - Kuala Lumpur

Also does anyone know the distance from these ports to the main areas/city? and what the weather is like Mid March please?

Thank you

Have looked at this itinerary myself.

If you check the terms and conditions guide in the back of the latest brochure there are some guidelines laid out under Visas.

Having previously travelled to Malaysia,Thailand and Singapore have never needed a Visa. Vietnam looks visa clear now for up to 15 days. Looks like we’ll need something in Cambodia.

It’s not yet clear whether the ship will organise it for you or you have to do it as an individual.

Can’t advise as to where ships dock as have always done land-based holidays in these areas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Singapore, Thailand.& Malaysia we didn't need visas.

Brits currently don't need visas for Vietnam, but ships usually provide visas for those who need.

Ships normally provide visas for Cambodia.

Best to at least fix up transportation in advance from Phu My (two words) to Saigon - there's no suitable public transport & it's over an hour, and you risk finding no taxis or getting royally ripped-off at the port.

Either an operator well-recommended here on CC or ship's HCMC on-your-own.

If you prefer to do your own thing, you can get around the main sights on foot - Reunification Hall, War Remnants museum, HCM museum, Ben Thanh covered market, Notre Dame etc.

Sihanoukville is too far for places like Phnom Pehn. The town is grubby (just negotiate a tuk-tuk) but we had an excellent and silly-cheap (US$) van tour of the area incl Ream Nat Park which we negotiated at the port with fellow-cruisers.

Sorry, can't help with your Malaysian ports

JB :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi does anyone know for definate whether any visa's are needed for the cruise with the following itinerary please:

Langkawi, Penang and Malacca - Malaysia

Singapore

Koh samui, Bangkok - Thailand

Phumy (Ho chi minh city) - Vietnam

Sihanoukville - Cambodia

Port Klang - Kuala Lumpur

Also does anyone know the distance from these ports to the main areas/city? and what the weather is like Mid March please?

Thank you

I am doing that trip in Jan 2019 & was told by a TUI travel agent that visa would be arranged on the ship. I’m travelling on an Irish passport & my husband on a British one. I will check again nearer the time cos I’m still concerned about it.

There doesn’t appear to be a lot of information available. I contacted Marella & didn’t get a satisfactory reply that made any sense to me.