Getaway Hull Art

Swells1

Was I asleep that day, or has there been no debate over this?

ncl_Aerial_Getaway_Camera6-730x410.jpeg

I'm sorry but it would be embarassing to pull into port with that graffitti on the hull.......

It looks like a snot bubble being blown from the mermaid.......

and the pattern at the top looks like something you would find on an Emilio Pucci dress......

Forget about having huge contests to name these vessels.....why doesn't NCL get really creative and have the passengers compete to design the hull art..........

I think that would be the most amazing contest and it could really launch a young artist's career......

Peter Max seemed like an odd choice for the brakaway considering the fact that for a gazillion years the cruise ship "art galleries" pushed his work ad naseum and ultimately settled lawsuits and closed down because of the promises they made about the value of his and other artist's work......

Royal has deals with Britto which is similarly garish in my opinion and they push that junk in their shops.....but they don't let them deface the exterior of the Oasis of the Seas or the Allure of the seas......

And obviously art is subjective....and these are just my opinions.

I liked the pearls and the jades and the gems ......

I used to think the NCL ships were the prettiest........now they look like the images one would see under the influence of LSD........

I actually like the colors that will be used on it and I'm sure in reality it will look better.

I try not to judge a book by it's cover, so I'm not going to judge a ship by it's paint job. I figure just like with people, it's what's on the inside that matters most. And I'm hoping to be on the inside of that ship someday!

I like Getaway much better than Breakaway.

I used to 100% hate Breakaway's Hull art, now that I saw what it is actually looking like it grew a little on me. Now I only hate it about 87% :D, good thing I am not buying the ship :)

I like the hull art myself; it just looks fun. I think it is going to make for some awesome photos when in ports. Everybody loves to take those pics of family standing at bow of ship when in port. I know I will be doing that in just over a year :)

Susie

I kind of like the Getaway hull art but I too prefer the "gems" and "jewels" type hull art. I certainly am not found of Peter Max in gianormous letters as if that's the name of the ship we're sailing...

why doesn't NCL get really creative and have the passengers compete to design the hull art...

Well since you mentioned it... and speaking of big letters and grafitti...

mystery-machine.png

I kind of like the Getaway hull art but I too prefer the "gems" and "jewels" type hull art. I certainly am not found of Peter Max in gianormous letters as if that's the name of the ship we're sailing...

mystery-machine.png

Now that would be awesome! ;)

My thoughts on both of them. I hate both of them. But you cant see it from your cabin and thats all that matters!! Seriously though. Why couldnt NCL come up with names like the new RCL ships. I love those names. Why did NCL need this hull art? I know it kind of ties in with the fleet but if it was me I would have left them white.

mystery-machine.png

I love this!!!

I think it looks cool. I like the color scheme and movement. I won't try to figure out what the mermaid is doing until I get a better view. In general I think it falls in like with the freestyle concept and the colorful decor that's in place on the interior of their ships.

Archived