H/C shuttle from FLL to Miami

twinbee

The FLL website states Go Airport Shuttle has accessible vans. Based on my experience last month I would give them a pass, they don't have vans, they call Yellow Cab for you.

In the future I'll avoid the middleman and just head to the taxi stand. You can give Yelllow a call the day before and let them know your arrival time.

JMHO

• 2 weeks later...
Try SAS Transport I used them last year. Their phone # is 954-600-2040

I did call SAS. They told me they do not offer wheelchair accessible transport. I also called QLS, and they said the same thing.

Your cruise line would most likely offer transfers from FLL and MIA airports to the cruise port.

Yes, I know the cruise line will offer transport to and from the ship to the airports. I am looking for transport from airport to hotel. I want to arrive a few days early.

I did speak to someone at Go Airport Shuttle, and they will get back to me. They told me there is no problem with them getting me to the hotel, but once I am at the hotel, getting a accessible shuttle to the port might be a problem. Most hotels do not offer wheelchair accessible transport.

Yes, I know the cruise line will offer transport to and from the ship to the airports. I am looking for transport from airport to hotel. I want to arrive a few days early.

I did speak to someone at Go Airport Shuttle, and they will get back to me. They told me there is no problem with them getting me to the hotel, but once I am at the hotel, getting a accessible shuttle to the port might be a problem. Most hotels do not offer wheelchair accessible transport.

If a hotel offers shuttle service for able-body guests than under ADA Law the hotel is required to make arrangements for guests requiring accessible transportation.

If the hotel offers this service for free to able body guests than accessible transportation must also be provided free. If there's a fee charged than the hotel can not charge more than what they're already charging their able body guests. Most hotels with shuttles know this but don't necessarily volunteer this information. Therefore if you have any problems when making your reservation ask to speak to manager.

Thank you xxoocruiser for the info. Believe me I have not been told this by any of the hotels I have called. They all say they offer shuttles to the ports, but not wheelchair accessible.

You're welcome !

Most national chain hotels know the right thing to do . Often it's that the reservation agents haven't been educated properly . Also that some hotels really want to get away with doing the least costly thing . After all the agent technically answered the individual's question as most people just ask the agent if the shuttle is wheelchair accessible and don't always know their rights under ADA Law to push the matter further.

Regardless don't be afraid to speak up. If needed state that you will be contacting the State's Attorney's Office to report their non compliance to ADA Law.... this works too.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

As I mentioned earlier, Go will order an accessible Yellow cab for you.

From your Miami hotel to the port, I very highly recommend using Super Shuttle. They provided me with excellent service from hotel to port and after my cruise from the port to the airport. It's too bad they're not allowed to pick up at FLL. You can book your transport via the web or phone at 800-258-3826.

We grabbed a wheelchair cab right in the taxi line at the airport. He took us to our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale and we mentioned that we were going to the port in Miami the next day. He gave us his card and picked us up the next morning and took us straight to the port. He charged us $90. and it was a very pleasant experience. Good luck!

His name was Ronald, with Ambassador Taxi 954-779-7777. Ronalds cell is 786-238-1209.

Archived