Family of 6 - Family Interior or 2 Interiors Connecting

AandBmom

It is roughly the same amount to get 1 Family Interior cabin or 2 connecting cabins. The family one seems rather large and appealing. We've never had this before. Does anyone have any thoughts about these choices? Pros/Cons? We are 2 adults and children ages 9,8,4,3.

I've sailed in family rooms on Royal Caribbean twice. I vote for the family rooms. They have more floor space than 2 separate rooms. I would not want children that age in a separate room. It's too easy for a little one to sneak out the other door.

Our family of 6 sailed in 3 promenade view rooms - 2 were connecting. Probably one of the best cruises we've been on since there was ample space, 3 bathrooms. Those promenade rooms (at least on the Voyager) have a couch in the window which really made the rooms feel a lot larger.

So I'd say go for at least the 2 cabins connecting, but price it out to see about 3 - it just might work out in your favor too :)

I vote for 2 connecting cabins where one cabin sleeps 4 with the pulldown upper pullman beds. The connecting door might be closed when you first check in. Just find your cabin attendant and have him/her open the door and leave it open. Also, you (the adults) might want a room key for the kids cabin just in case the connecting door gets shut. Guest services can get you one.

Did you decide on a ship yet? The Freedom of the Seas would be my choice -- something like cabins 6357/6359 or 7669/7671.

Edited by Jimnbigd

2 connecting rooms sound great for a family!

* 2 bathrooms

* 2 separate areas (great for kids napping or different movie watching preferences)

* 2 sets of closets (1 for adults, 1 for kids)

We are also a family of six (with kids a lot older than yours 11,14,16,17) and usually do connecting oceanview, but on our last cruise we went with a family promenade since the price was so much better than any 2 connecting cabins we could find which isn't typical.

I was a little scared because of the 1 bathroom situation, but surprisingly we all liked the family room better which says a lot because 3 of our kids are girls LOL. It felt so much more roomier. The other plus with the family promenade on the Freedom is that you also get a bathtub which is rare in a non-suite cabins (I don't think you would get the tub in the family interior). We also had a HUGE walk in closet which was a lot more space than the 2 closets we would have got with the connecting option. The bunks were in a separated room which also had an additional closet.

I am not sure about the layout of the family interior, but if it is anything like the family promenade, I would go for the family room. :)

Edited by funfamilyof6

I'm going to stray from the popular vote. We have done two connecting as well as an ocean view family in the past. Ocean View Family is our choice and its what we are staying in at the end of the month. This next cruise we are in 8200 on the Explorer which is a different layout than the previous OVF we had on the same ship. We like the extra floor space and the fact that there is only one bathroom didn't bother us.