VIP Lounge Concierges (Michael's Club)

C 2 C

These are the names of concierges presently in the Michael's Clubs which have been converted to the VIP/Suite/Zenith lounge. Michael's on Millennium and Solstice will be converted shortly after returning from their Pacific itineraries.

Century: Tudor

Constellation:Bogdan Sfarghiu

Eclipse: Fabian Arroyo

Equinox: Milica

Infinity: Kimberly

Millennium:

Reflection: Rachelle Wever

Silhouette: Gareth Watkins

Solstice:

Summit: Cesar

This won't apply to us either as we are a long way from Zenith, can't afford a suite and guess we're not VIP's. But for those who are - hopefully the concierge will provide excellent service.

This kind of takes me back to our first cruise on Celebrity on the Meridian in early 90's. The show rooms were not as large as they are now providing a more casual atmosphere except for formal nights when the Captain's Table guests as well as the other Suite Guests were led in to sit in the front rows. There wasn't a separate room for the Suite guests but they were treated differently.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that Solstice now has a Concierge in Michael's as well.

Millennium: Lucy

Solstice: Sarah

It s all Greek to me.

Won't be a deal breaker on deciding what ship or cruise line to sail on, the carrot is beyond my eye sight and bankroll.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Hi Arno, hope you and your bride are well. Been to Michael's Club on Reflection for two cruises and it appears that the concept is gaining some traction. I know many in the top suites loved it and told me that it will bring them back to Celebrity. I hope that Celebrity would consider giving those eligible to use it guest passes when space is available so that they may introduce friends to the benefit. Might entice some to book a higher level suite or cruise more.

Hi Arno, hope you and your bride are well. Been to Michael's Club on Reflection for two cruises and it appears that the concept is gaining some traction. I know many in the top suites loved it and told me that it will bring them back to Celebrity. I hope that Celebrity would consider giving those eligible to use it guest passes when space is available so that they may introduce friends to the benefit. Might entice some to book a higher level suite or cruise more.

I think that's a good suggestion, Orator, for when Michaels would otherwise be underused.

Thanks for posting.

We were lucky enough to have a pre conversion trial cruise. We just didn't appreciate this as we were first time Elites. Last August there was only 100 people including the top end suites eligible on board. The experience was fabulous. Not because of the drink, we had packages, not because of the nibbles, although they were excellent, or the service as we find that good all over the ship. It was the company, seeing the same people, not every night of course, hearing of their experiences, getting tips for the next port etc.

it was only later when we received the questionnaire we realised what had happened.

We didn't even realise that the other man was not always there to help the Captains club host sort out requests.

We also thought Michael's a good venue as it was tucked away and therefore discreate.

However we didn't like or use the red carpet at ports. It was simply silly and we would have been embarrassed to stroll pass a queue by heading down a small VIP line. I do hope Celebrity have got rid of that as to a Brit, a queue is a queue, use your manners and wait your turn

However we didn't like or use the red carpet at ports. It was simply silly and we would have been embarrassed to stroll pass a queue by heading down a small VIP line. I do hope Celebrity have got rid of that as to a Brit, a queue is a queue, use your manners and wait your turn

If one were flying business class or first class should one similarly wait until all other passengers who got there before them have boarded? When one pays extra for their suite, one is usually rewarded with other perks, including priority tendering, and an exclusive lounge as a waiting room. The red carpet is a nice touch when several bus loads return at the same time from an excursion.

What are the benefits of the VIP lounge? I cannot find any reference to it on the Celebrity site.

You can go to the celebrity website and look for the announcements section. You can find information on the suite benefits of which the VIP lounge is part of it.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

These are the names of concierges presently in the Michael's Clubs which have been converted to the VIP/Suite/Zenith lounge. Michael's on Millennium and Solstice will be converted shortly after returning from their Pacific itineraries.

Millennium:

Solstice:

I was just told by someone at Celebrity that there is no VIP lounge on the Solstice at the present time.

I will be on the Solstice on Thursday, May 8th and will check then, and report back to this thread.

We sail on Silhouette next month - does this mean Michael's is no more? My partner was looking forward to working through the beer list...

Michael's is no more..it's now a suite/zenith lounge...and the beers are being migrated and merged into the wine dispenser area.

Of course you realize that for the price of each of the beers your partner wants to try, you could buy a 4 or six pack at home...and it won't have sat on the ship in unknown storage conditions for months :) Sorry celebrity, I have never been a fan of michael's as a beer pub because I've seen so few in that space. Their stock of beers just has to be old and many don't realize that beer really has a very short shelf life in a bottle/can.

Millennium:

Solstice:

We saw Fabian several times on Eclipse. The suite pax will be in good hands.

Michael's is no more..it's now a suite/zenith lounge...and the beers are being migrated and merged into the wine dispenser area.

Of course you realize that for the price of each of the beers your partner wants to try, you could buy a 4 or six pack at home...and it won't have sat on the ship in unknown storage conditions for months :) Sorry celebrity, I have never been a fan of michael's as a beer pub because I've seen so few in that space. Their stock of beers just has to be old and many don't realize that beer really has a very short shelf life in a bottle/can.

On the Reflection in Mar 2013, I would frequent Michaels for the beer when they were open and the majority of the time I was the only customer in there. I had the premium pack so I wanted to try a few different beers. I cannot think of one beer that I did not leave with and dump off somewhere. Every beer was nasty tasting because of the lack of turnover. It wasn't because I don't like beer as I am a mug club member at many brew pubs and always go out of my way to find one when traveling. Even tried the beers that I am familar with and found them to be off. The place was made to defeat itself because it was used for many other functions and never had regular hours. I think most passengers got frustrated and it became a habit to just walked by and ignore it because it normally wasn't open for the bar service.

🍺🍻

Edited by miched

On the Reflection in Mar 2013, I would frequent Michaels for the beer when they were open and the majority of the time I was the only customer in there. I had the premium pack so I wanted to try a few different beers. I cannot think of one beer that I did not leave with and dump off somewhere. Every beer was nasty tasting because of the lack of turnover. It wasn't because I don't like beer as I am a mug club member at many brew pubs and always go out of my way to find one when traveling. Even tried the beers that I am familar with and found them to be off. The place was made to defeat itself because it was used for many other functions and never had regular hours. I think most passengers got frustrated and it became a habit to just walked by and ignore it because it normally wasn't open for the bar service.

We were on the Reflection in March but never once stepped foot in Michael's. We very seldom used the Concierge lounge on RCI. I don't see us using it on X. We have the Premium drink package on each cruise and our Butler can handle what few requests that we have.

Edited by cruisingator2

Infinity: Milana/Kimberly

Millennium: Maritza Moolman

Solstice: Sarah Sulk

Edited by ~Cruisenut~

Thanks for posting.

We were lucky enough to have a pre conversion trial cruise. We just didn't appreciate this as we were first time Elites. Last August there was only 100 people including the top end suites eligible on board. The experience was fabulous. Not because of the drink, we had packages, not because of the nibbles, although they were excellent, or the service as we find that good all over the ship. It was the company, seeing the same people, not every night of course, hearing of their experiences, getting tips for the next port etc.

it was only later when we received the questionnaire we realised what had happened.

We didn't even realise that the other man was not always there to help the Captains club host sort out requests.

We also thought Michael's a good venue as it was tucked away and therefore discreate.

I agree with you about the enjoyment of visiting with the same group in the lounge each night. It's something that we look forward to every cruise (although we normally sail RCI rather than Celebrity).

As to the other perks including a VIP gangway to the ship, I think if it is a perk of your suite (or based on your loyalty as a passenger) than you might as well take advantage of it. It doesn't make one passenger any better than another but you presumably booked that accommodation for comfort and convenience so why should you not enjoy a small perk such as a shorter queue line? JMHO