Zuiderdal aft Balcony

missaud

We have never before cruised with HAL. I know I could probably start searching, but if anyone could give me some incite on Deck 6 or Deck 7 Category VB. Is there a difference between aft cabins and balcony's on these decks. Right now I have 7145, my sister wants me to switch to 6162. HELP!! and many thanks

We have been on the equivalent to 7145 on the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam. Loved it both times. As jtl513 said, 6162 shouldn't be any different. However, my PCC confirmed to me that on the Zuiderdam the veranda is much larger if you go down to deck 5. I don't have specifics on the area but take a look at the deck plan.

Thanks everybody. I don't think there were aft cabins on deck 5 side by side. Tried to get the aft wrap, that was gone as well. I think she wanted on deck 6 because it was a middle deck. LOL. I told her deck 7 wouldn't make much difference. We went ahead and booked deck 7. I think we will love it. Thanks again for your help everybody

We were on the Zuiderdam last winter. We had an aft cabin. ( not a corner one). it was really nice and big but we only had two regular chairs . The deck above us had as big or bigger balconies with the two regular chairs but they also had two loungers ! You have to ask what size and furniture will be for your specific deck. we are not aft cruisers but for the loungers we would book such a cabin.

We were on the Zuiderdam last winter. We had an aft cabin. ( not a corner one). it was really nice and big but we only had two regular chairs . The deck above us had as big or bigger balconies with the two regular chairs but they also had two loungers ! You have to ask what size and furniture will be for your specific deck. we are not aft cruisers but for the loungers we would book such a cabin.

I have heard that if you have any of the aft cabins with huge balconies, a request (and possibly a nice gratuity) to your cabin steward will get you two lounge chairs and a table. I don't know where they grab them from, but at least for me, it worked one time on the Zuiderdam

TerrynDonna, do remember if you had any shade at all on your balcony?

Tad2005, that's a good idea about asking for lounge chairs. We did that for one of our cruises and was able to get an extra lounge chair.

• 2 months later...

Terryndonna,

Can you tell me what aft facing cabin you were in? I just booked cabin VB5189.

HA could not tell me the square footage of balcony but she said by looking at deck plans it looks slightly larger. Can't always tell by that though. TIA!

Terryndonna,

Can you tell me what aft facing cabin you were in? I just booked cabin VB5189.

HA could not tell me the square footage of balcony but she said by looking at deck plans it looks slightly larger. Can't always tell by that though. TIA!

We sailed on the Westerdam in 5184...just a few doors down from 5189...and that ship has the same deck plans as the Zuiderdam.

That balcony was huge! There were two loungers, two regular chairs plus a small table. We spent most of our time in the loungers with the table between us.

The overhang was nearly full over the balcony unless you were standing at the railing. It was protected enough that during a misty shower at sailaway, we were nice and dry in our loungers.

Thank you so much for the info! I am so excited to hear that! I DO love my balcony and use it even chance I can, morning, day and night! Nearly impossible now on newer ships to get a lounger on balcony before going into a suite. Something to be said about the older ships with charm.

Thanks, Msmayor, for the info on the Westy's aft 5184, since we're in that on the Z and thought that would be a lovely, deep balcony for the Panama Canal (partial)...appreciate the input.

We'll be on the Z two months after you for the partial too! So looking forward to it!

That aft balcony will be heaven for you. You'll get excellent views across the entire aft when standing at the rail and have the benefit of a large shady area as well. Enjoy!