NCL only 1 ship going to Caribbean - May through September 2018...

sid_9169

I was searching for cruises for next summer, and it seems that only one ship (the Getaway) is doing the Caribbean from May until September... With Escape moving to NY to do the Bermuda run, this leaves NCL with only one available ship for the entire Caribbean for 5 solid moths. I've sailed the GA 3 times now, and while a fine ship, I may have to look into another line for my summer vacation...

Edited by sid_9169

I was searching for cruises for next summer, and it seems that only one ship (the Getaway) is doing the Caribbean from May until September... With Escape moving to NY to do the Bermuda run, this leaves NCL with only one available ship for the entire Caribbean for 5 solid moths. I've sailed the GA 3 times now, and while a fine ship, I may have to look into other line for my summer vacation...

Ship head for the best weather.:D

Cuz the Caribbean's to Hot in Off season.

Other than Sky's short trips and Bliss' long one (Panama Canal), Getaway is the only ship sailing from Miami during that time.

I solved the issue by booking MSC Seaside in the Yacht Club for June 2018.

I'll find a way onto Bliss, somehow. The schedule doesn't mesh with mine other than Thanksgiving (most likely) and Christmas (the usual higher prices).

I was searching for cruises for next summer, and it seems that only one ship (the Getaway) is doing the Caribbean from May until September... With Escape moving to NY to do the Bermuda run, this leaves NCL with only one available ship for the entire Caribbean for 5 solid moths. I've sailed the GA 3 times now, and while a fine ship, I may have to look into another line for my summer vacation...

Carnival and Royal Caribbean sail during that time frame.

we always sail the first week of september, and we are reluctantly booked on the Getaway (she is our least fave ship in teh fleet). we will either upgrade to the Haven to see if we have a better experience, or book MSC Seaside (we need to sail them once in 3 years to maintain our black status, that we got thru the status match initiative).

not at all unusual: most lines take almost all their ships to Burmuda, Alaska and Europe for the summer months. I know it sucks, but they go where the money takes them.

We used to visit the Caribbean in the summer when our kids were in school. It can be great and prices are lower. BUT you will be keeping a close eye out for tropical storms and hurricanes. Visiting places like Aruba, St. Thomas or any of the islands will not be as crowded. However it is HOT with only a little relief in the evening.

So it makes sense that NCL has most of it ships in places other than the Caribbean.

Thanks for the replies. I just thought it was interesting that Carnival has 12 ships going to the Caribbean during that same time period, and Royal Caribbean has 6, with NCL only having 1... So, clearly there is demand for those cruises during the summer...

Getaway (Caribbean), Sky (short Caribbean), Gem (Caribbean), Escape (Bermuda), Dawn (Bermuda)

Getaway (Caribbean), Sky (short Caribbean), Gem (Caribbean), Escape (Bermuda), Dawn (Bermuda)

Sky (Bahamas) Gem (Bahamas) Escape (Bermuda/Atlantic) Dawn (Bermuda/Atlantic) So, like I said, the Getaway is the only NCL ship going to the Caribbean from May through September...

Sky (Bahamas) Gem (Bahamas) Escape (Bermuda/Atlantic) Dawn (Bermuda/Atlantic) So, like I said, the Getaway is the only NCL ship going to the Caribbean from May through September...

Yep would love to cruise NCL to Southern Caribbean in May but not available.

Only choice from US is Carnival for 8 days.

One other thing you have to consider is that CCL, and RCL have twice as many ships in their fleet. :)

exactly. I am not so sure I would want to sail in mid summer anyway: higher prices and over crowded with kids. It is family time and that is what it should be. ;)

Summer is hurricane season in Caribbean so NCL does mostly other itineraries during those months.

Princess will finally have a summer Caribbean cruise next year. It will be (fittingly) on the Caribbean Princess, which is currently being retrofitted with new restaurants, connecting cabins for families, a new Kids' center, and a new technology "medallion" gadget instead of cruise cards. Worth looking into!

Sky is also doing the 3 day Bahamas trips. But that's no cruise unless u make it a B2B2B!!

look at carnival sunshine out of MY with 2 itinaries.

I use cruisetimetables.com to see all departing and call ports for a ship