First Timers--Dream Question

ISHCruising

Hi, my husband and I are first time cruisers and have booked an Ocean suite on the Carnival Dream. The bed indicates that it's two beds that convert? Does that mean that there will be a crack down the middle?? Are there other rooms that don't involve pushing beds together?

I don't believe there are. Rooms are configured so that they can do either the twins or the king set up. Each week they have people who want it one way or the other. I've never heard of them offering just the king bed in a certain room.

The beds are pushed together but they put something over the "seam" between them. We have never had any problem with the comfort across the middle of the bed.

True. And you get the feel of just one bed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I do my online checkin, there's always a section that asks how I want the beds configured + it's always that way when we arrive. Carnival's bedding is exceptional IMO. If anything's not right when you board, let your cabin steward know. Welcome to the addiction!

We have had the opposite of CRocks experience. The bed is never configured the way we have requested through the online check in process. But a quick request to your cabin steward will get your request honored. That is what we end up doing. Enjoy your cruise. We loved the Dream.

The majority of the time they have the beds set up correctly, if not, just tell your room steward and it will be fixed promptly.

Unlike the others here, we've always felt the "crack" in the middle of the bed.

Also since you mentioned this is your first cruise ever. I want to add that the twin beds pushed together is pretty standard across the entire cruise industry, it's not just a Carnival thing. Usually the only way to get a "normal" bed is to get one of the top cabins such as the Captains Suite.