How Many Cruises Do You Normally Take Per Year for Those Working & Retired

We've been on 5 cruises in the last 7 years. I really enjoy cruises, but my hubby says he wants to take other land vacations too. I'm told him I'd be content when we retire if we could take 2 vacations a year with one being a cruise and the other being a land vacation.

How many cruises do you typically take a year and are you working or retired?

Thanks

Working and do around one a year but get a suite. We are likely to not cruise again for awhile after our cruise starting Sunday because there are so many places to travel. We plan to hit new places on our vacations each year. Perhaps a Greek Isles cruise at some point.

We did and will be doing,16 each year from 2016 to Jan 1 2019.

We are retired and on a "quest" for "pineapple" ( will make it on the Presidents cruise Sept 29, 2018)

After that we will slow up a bit (I think)

We go one a year typically, this year is an anomaly with 2.

We do one 'cheaper' land vacation a year to see family in Florida and spend a week in the slightly warmer sun.

Retired would probably be 1 or 2 because there is still lots of itineraries that We want to do

We have been doing 1 family cruise a year, around Christmas, for the past 10 years.

We also squeezed in an Alaskan cruise one summer and hope to do a med this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I work, my husband is retired. I get a substantial amount of vacation each year, but it's hard for me to take more than 2 consecutive weeks at a time.

The most we have ever taken were 5 within a calendar year, ( which I will never do again - we have to fly and it was crazy busy), and last year we only took one, but I did a bucket list trip to Africa.

This year we have one planned and nothing after that. If something great pops up, plans could change in a heartbeat.

We are both working, and so far its one cruise about every 3 years, which is not enough, but oh well. We do take several land vacations per year, and last year we did India and Dubai, which were HUGE on my list!

We did and will be doing,16 each year from 2016 to Jan 1 2019.

We are retired and on a "quest" for "pineapple" ( will make it on the Presidents cruise Sept 29, 2018)

After that we will slow up a bit (I think)

I might top your 16 per year. Living in a city where the ship is homeport and doing short 3, 4 and 5N cruises. Started cruising last year and will make diamond this June cruising solo.

Working.

8 cruises last year.

Live in FL, all 3, 4, 5 nighters.

This year, too many: 16

Will need to cancel 4 Bahama cruises this summer. :-(

One 7 nighter this New Years.

Can't wait.

These 4 & 5 nighters are too short.

Not too bad as a B2B, I like 9 nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve sailed 6 times in 7 years. I took a break for a few years when I was pregnant and had an infant. I work for myself now so my schedule is way more flexible than it used to be. Such a dangerous thing when you love to travel! We’ve also done several smaller land vacations and plan to do more of those this summer.