HOTS new MDR menus (attached). Love them? Can't miss night?

L1211

We set sail on our first RCI cruise in a couple of days! We have a 5 night speciality dining package so only have a couple of nights to experience the MDR. Any can't miss night with the new menus? Happy with the change? Thanks? 6e202f260877b3f93ad122b461f15e1c.jpg

Day one

edc04c3c3df1f3959ab2024bcdca8b20.jpg

Day 2

ed70fe61eda3cb3416d1d059f96ef6f9.jpg

Day 3

119fbcfa54c0d654da2297625776ea30.jpg

Day 4

d3f73067411e255a043b5e9134718f95.jpg

Day 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on Harmony for the Jan. 27 sailing and had the same menu. We thought the Roasted Beef Tenderloin was excellent. The Roasted Turkey was very good, too. The spicy pork chop was OK and the Steak Diane was tough. The Roasted Pork Loin was very good and the Chicken Cordon Bleu was good. The Prime Rib was also excellent.

They had sweet potatoes too much. I like sweet potatoes, but they were the potato side dish too often the week we were on board, regardless of what the menu says. Maybe that was just that week.

I have to watch my sugar and they had three flavors of sugar free ice cream every night. Most ships only have one flavor each night.

I think we always think the food could be better, but we were satisfied with the food in the dining room.

My do not miss is your Day#5. The Vidalia onion tart is delicious. The new menus look pretty good to me.

I was thinking the same thing. That would be formal night, right? I do not get a lot of lobster at home So looking forward to it!!

We were on Harmony for the Jan. 27 sailing and had the same menu. We thought the Roasted Beef Tenderloin was excellent. The Roasted Turkey was very good, too. The spicy pork chop was OK and the Steak Diane was tough. The Roasted Pork Loin was very good and the Chicken Cordon Bleu was good. The Prime Rib was also excellent.

They had sweet potatoes too much. I like sweet potatoes, but they were the potato side dish too often the week we were on board, regardless of what the menu says. Maybe that was just that week.

I have to watch my sugar and they had three flavors of sugar free ice cream every night. Most ships only have one flavor each night.

I think we always think the food could be better, but we were satisfied with the food in the dining room.

Sounds like we will not go hungry! My DH loves sweet potatoes!!! Will be a happy cruiser!!

We sailed on Harmony just a couple of weeks ago.

Favorites included...

...NY Strip Loin (only if done medium rare or medium. Tough if done medium well or well)

...Beef Carpaccio appetizer

...Beef Tenderloin

...Chicken Cordon Bleu

...Rack of LAmb

...Lasagna

...Vidalia Onion Tart Appetizer

...Cheese Tortellini

...Poblano Pepper Soup Appetizer

...Chocolate Cake Dessert

...Orange Sherbet Dessert (not on the menu but they found me some every night)

Disappointments...

....Lobster Tails

....Seafood Vol-au-vent Appetizer

....Strawberry Cheesecake

....Artisan Cheese Plate

We sailed on Harmony just a couple of weeks ago.

Favorites included...

...NY Strip Loin (only if done medium rare or medium. Tough if done medium well or well)

...Beef Carpaccio appetizer

...Beef Tenderloin

...Chicken Cordon Bleu

...Rack of LAmb

...Lasagna

...Vidalia Onion Tart Appetizer

...Cheese Tortellini

...Poblano Pepper Soup Appetizer

...Chocolate Cake Dessert

...Orange Sherbet Dessert (not on the menu but they found me some every night)

Disappointments...

....Lobster Tails

....Seafood Vol-au-vent Appetizer

....Strawberry Cheesecake

....Artisan Cheese Plate

Oh no! Several of my "must tries" are on your disappointment list! Maybe some surprises on the favorites list. Thank you for sharing.

Will these new menus be making their way to other Oasis class ships at some point? I really like the look of these vegetarian entrees. I'm hoping they make it to Oasis by December.

I believe these menus are already on Oasis.

• 5 months later...

thank you so much, i'm an EXTREMELY picky eater so now i know at the MDR i will definitely enjoy a starter and a desert while there with my parents and then could go else where (windjammer for the pasta) if i'm sill hungry. i'm here drooling over the desert menu.

1. I hope this is a fleet wide change of menu, I sail on the Symphony in 2 weeks

2. Glad to see a few old favorites (Garlic soup, Vidalia Onion Tart) plus all the new things.

3. You have effectively made me hungry at 10 a.m. on a Sunday that I am working. I don't think the hospital cafeteria will have anything remotely close to those meals. This makes me look forward to sailing even more.

Myra

My do not miss is your Day#5. The Vidalia onion tart is delicious. The new menus look pretty good to me.

Agree, the Vidalia tart is good. Other than that, I do not like the entrees on day 5 though. :( I was able to get the tart in the Windjammer though.. Yea!

Thanks for posting. I was disappointed in the nightly menu on Anthem 9 niter. It was absolutely boring as only the 1st 2 items for the 1st 7 days changed in each category.

Maybe they changed based on my scathing menu revue.;p