shipping luggage from one port to another

Cruise NH

Has anyone ever shipped their luggage in between ports? I'm looking at a cruise ending in Rome, then we intend to travel around Europe and come home from Southampton. I would need to ship at least one bag from Rome (port) to Southampton.

Has anyone done this? I'd appreciate hearing anyone's experience. Thanks.

Since this is not specific to Celebrity, I would re-post it to the more general "Ask a Cruise Question" board - you're going to get a better cross section of people seeing it there. Your biggest issue is the destination shipping address. I doubt if you can ship it directly to the ship, but if you're staying in a hotel in Southampton the night before your cruise departs, you might contact them and see if they would accept the shipment and hold it for your arrival. I'd also want to allow some time "just in case" - if the bag doesn't arrive for some reason, I'd want to know well before boarding the ship.

Another idea is to post a similar question on the British Isles forum under European Ports of Call. Someone may know of a service in Southampton that would accept and hold your bag - here's a link:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=233

We have had good luck shipping a bag of just cruise clothes with luggageforward.com. One can track the bag online all the way.

I've never tried ship to ship, but their website is very user friendly and their call center people are competent as well.

What a great trip you have planned. Good luck with the bag situation.

We have had good luck shipping a bag of just cruise clothes with luggageforward.com. One can track the bag online all the way.

I've never tried ship to ship, but their website is very user friendly and their call center people are competent as well.

What a great trip you have planned. Good luck with the bag situation.

We had friends that also used this service (luggage forward) Andy they were very pleased. It is pricey but if you don’t want to be straddled with having extra luggage, this is the way to go.