Kids Club - Turtle Cove Question

Melkaista

Hello,

I have run a search and can't find what I'm looking for. Hoping you all can help.

Travelling with 4 & 5yo (Turtle Cove age) kids on the Dawn, we are all getting excited about it as it's the kids 1st cruise BUT the questions are driving me crazy! Any of you with inquisitive kids this age will know what I mean!!:o

These are some of the said questions.......

What do they have in Turtle Cove? Do they do painting and drawing? How many kids go there? Can I wear good clothes? :confused:

I would appreciate any and all advice. I found stuff on the older kids clubs in my search and some very helpful information but the above "important" :o questions remain unanswered.

Thank-you in advance from my 2 little first time cruisers!:)

Mel

Can't help too much as my kids are a bit older and were in Shark Shack but it is right next door & my son did see inside Turtle Cove. They will do drawing & stuff but they also have PS3's and a jungle gym in there. They'll also get to practice for the kids talent show that is on the last day. The kids facilities on the Dawn are great and they will have a fantastic time.

Karen

Hello,

I have run a search and can't find what I'm looking for. Hoping you all can help.

Travelling with 4 & 5yo (Turtle Cove age) kids on the Dawn, we are all getting excited about it as it's the kids 1st cruise BUT the questions are driving me crazy! Any of you with inquisitive kids this age will know what I mean!!

These are some of the said questions.......

What do they have in Turtle Cove? Do they do painting and drawing? How many kids go there? Can I wear good clothes? :confused:

I would appreciate any and all advice. I found stuff on the older kids clubs in my search and some very helpful information but the above "important" :o questions remain unanswered.

Thank-you in advance from my 2 little first time cruisers!

Mel

My five year old was in turtle cove on the W806 cruise. the number of children varies and it can become busy on some cruises. My 8 year old daughter was in shark shack and I think she can answer these questions.

Hi my name is emily, in turtle cove there are balls, a small soft climbing play ground, lots of play stations, a big wide screen plasma tv, mini basket ball hoop, a home corner, arts and craft tables and a basket full of toys!:) Yes they do do lots of drawing and painting and lots more craft! if u are traveling in the holidays there can be lots of kids but if u are not traveling in the holidays there are smaller groups.:rolleyes: yes u can wear good clothes but first check the programs, to see what the activites are for that day.

Mum's addition:

on the 2nd or 3rd day of our cruise, my kids decided they didn't want to go to kids club, but once i read out the day's program to them they were busting to go, so long as they got to go swimming during the day.

your children will have a fabulous time, particularly if you vary and break up their day. you can take them swimming after lunch during the 12-2pm closure time, or before dinner). we took our kids to some of the shows in the evening but be aware the guest entertainers don't put on kids material - the pacific dawn entertainers however put on a good singing and dancing show that the kids would enjoy at least once.

if you are travelling when there are lots of kids on board, the centres close to any more kids when they are full, so if there is something your kids particularly want to go to, such as the bridge tour or a party, be sure to turn up early in the session.

parties that my children went to included and ice cream party, a pizza party and a rock and roll party. children sometimes won prizes (chips, lemonade or a toy) for games such as limbo and musical cushions, and on one party occasion got a lolly bag. dress ups they could bring could include an island theme, a country western theme and an australia day type theme (all optional of course). on one day the photographers take portraits of the children in the club, and it's advisable to dress them up nicely for this. the photos taken of our children were absolutely first class!!!

there are story times, movie times and craft times, and allocated times to use the playstations, soft playground, tv etc.

you will get a pager so the staff can contact you if your children want to leave or are upset. chances are though, when you come to take your children away, you will have to drag them away!

My son embraced turtle cove that I didnt see him apart from 3 meals a day seriously. He was 4 at the time. He loved it so much he had a blast. Went to show why his creativity bag had alot more in it than other kids. He really got to know the staff...lol...not that we didnt want him with us he didnt want to be with us. They did so much on the week cruise to Whitsundays. We leave today on PS for 2 days but he said that he will not go in the club till tomorrow.,..lol..well see how long that lasts for.

Your kids will have a ball. Having said that my other daughters didnt like the shark shack much or the teen club. Will soon be able to see as they are in teen club today. Except the one who is 7 days of being 18 who says she is now to old but 1 week off being able to do anything else!

Hi there

We have just returned from our first cruise on pacific dawn and my son who is 6 had to go to turtle cove by himself while his brother and 2 other friends went to shark shack. i was a little worried that he might not want to go but he just absolutely loved it.

From the moment he woke up he wanted to go to turtle cove, and there were some days that we only saw him at 12pm when we picked him up and then again at tea time. They have so much to do and the staff are fantastic. You also get a pager to carry with you so that they can contact you if need be.

You can be assured that they are safe and looked after, as this was my biggest fear....well that and they would fall overboard...hahaha.

We didn't take our kids to any of the shows at night because they just wanted to hang out at the kids clubs with their new found friends and watch movies and play games etc.

It was actually quite sad seeing them saying goodbye to the staff and new found friends on the last day as we disembarked.

Your kids will love it....and so will you, have a great cruise.

Archived