Afternoon High Tea by Sweet P The Bermuda Perfumery, Stewart Hall, Queen Street, Town

irisheileen

I sent an email earlier today to Sweet P asking about the dress code and if slacks or capri's would be appropriate. I will post their reply once I hear back.

I asked about attire and they replied "smart casual" so I asked if shorts are acceptable and their reply was "of course".

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

I love the sound of this tea adventure. Does anyone know if this is an all year thing? I'm not cruising until May 2013. Soooo far away!

I'm pretty sure it is. You can Google it and get their email to ask any questions. :):)

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for finding out about this.

DH and I had a reservation when we were in Bermuda in June. We took the ferry to Hamilton and the bus to St. George as it was the weekend and the ferry did not go. Got all the way to The Perfumery to find that the owner had an accident a few days earlier in the week and wasn't serving tea. The ladies downstairs in The perfumery had no idea we were coming and called the owner for us, hey were very nice. We were terribly disappointed. So I would uggest calling first before going out there. We are sailing to Bemuda 10/07/12 and are still deciding if we will make another reservation to go there for tea. I'm hopful someone will post after having had tea about thier experience to help us decide.

Edited by C&E's Mimi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who were wondering about this, my friend and I went this past Wednesday and it was truly wonderful and at $24, the best bargain all week. The garden setting was lovely, the hosts so hospitable and the tea and treats just fab. I highly recommend it. Only offered on weds I believe.

Ferries to St. George's weren't running last Weds due to rough seas so we took ferry to Hamilton then bus. Stopped at Crystal Caves on the way-water levels were high in the caves due to Rafael so it was half price. We were in the first seating for tea at 2 pm. As the other person mentioned, it's only a couple of blocks from bus or ferry so very walkable. We then took the bus back to Hamilton (with a stop at the Swizzle Inn along the way) and ferry back to the ship.

Ferries to St. George's weren't running last Weds due to rough seas so we took ferry to Hamilton then bus. Stopped at Crystal Caves on the way-water levels were high in the caves due to Rafael so it was half price. We were in the first seating for tea at 2 pm. As the other person mentioned, it's only a couple of blocks from bus or ferry so very walkable. We then took the bus back to Hamilton (with a stop at the Swizzle Inn along the way) and ferry back to the ship.

Thanks for the info!

Is the Swizzle Inn far from the ship? Also, do they have ferry/bus schedules at the pier?

Thanks for the info!

Is the Swizzle Inn far from the ship? Also, do they have ferry/bus schedules at the pier?

Both locations of the Swizzle Inn are far from the cruise ship. The original SI is located about ½ way between Hamilton and St George and is further of the 2 locations. The closer, named Swizzle, South Shore is on the South Rd past Horseshoe Bay and Warwick Bay. There is a map here showing both locations.

Travel time by bus and ferry, excluding waiting times, to the original SI is about 55 minutes; to the new SI, travel time by bus, excluding waiting time, is about 45 minutes.

Bus & ferry schedules are available at the pier and online. The 2012 ferry schedule is here, and the bus schedule here; 2013 have not been released yet.

SBtS

Both locations of the Swizzle Inn are far from the cruise ship. The original SI is located about ½ way between Hamilton and St George and is further of the 2 locations. The closer, named Swizzle, South Shore is on the South Rd past Horseshoe Bay and Warwick Bay. There is a map here showing both locations.

Travel time by bus and ferry, excluding waiting times, to the original SI is about 55 minutes; to the new SI, travel time by bus, excluding waiting time, is about 45 minutes.

Bus & ferry schedules are available at the pier and online. The 2012 ferry schedule is here, and the bus schedule here; 2013 have not been released yet.

SBtS

Thank you! Hoping we make - due to sail out this Sunday with Sandy...

I'm a bit behind in posting this, but we tried the afternoon tea with Sweet P at the Bermuda Perfumery on Wednesday, October 3. They have 2 seatings per day - 2pm and 3:30pm - and only serve on Wednesdays and Saturdays. We chose the 2pm seating as a late lunch option. I made reservations ahead of our cruise by emailing sweetpbermuda@hotmail.com and the responses were all very quick. I confirmed our reservation before we left on the cruise, just to be safe.

After a fantastic (but HOT) morning at Tobacco Bay, we walked back into St. George's and easily found the Bermuda Perfumery near St. Peter's Church. After a bit of confusion about whether to seat ourselves in the garden, where the tables were set up, or go inside the Perfumery house, we were seated in a shady section with a cute setup of mismatched china.

2012-10-03+13.12.25.jpg

Because of the extreme heat/humidity that day, we were offered a choice of 3 iced teas - a tropical blend (think mango and pineapple flavors), a chamomile citrus, and a mint tea. The tropical was fantastic and my friend tried the chamomile citrus and also really liked it.

After we had cooled down with some iced tea and water, it was time for the treats! We were presented with a 3-tier tower of delights that included 10 savory items (3 types of finger sandwiches - egg salad, chicken salad, and a roast beef with olives/cheese, a mini quiche, and a radish item on bread - all one serving per person) and at least 18 sweet items (scones, mini-biscotti, little cakes, etc. - all one serving per person). These items were all amazing and after about 14 small items, you are surprisingly full! My friend is vegetarian and was able to eat everything except the chicken salad sandwich and picked the roast beef off the other sandwich.

(Apologies for the photo being dark, we were hidden in the shade)

2012-10-03+14.08.17.jpg

(We didn't take this next pic, but I found it online and think it shows you more detail of the delicious food items)

OR_udj9t75pqtvvsv9tq92c8000.jpg

Of course, you can't have scones without all the accoutrements, so there was a tray with clotted cream, raspberry jam, butter, and honey. My friend like the honey so much that she asked about it and we were told that it's made locally in Bermuda and is quite pricey, but the owners grew up with it and think it's worth the extra cost. I couldn't taste the difference, but my friend loved it so much that we checked every grocery store in the area to see if they sold it.

Here is all that remained after our feast:

69784_10102032852020073_1479789437_n.jpg

The operation is run by Nicki and Paula, with one preparing the food in the kitchen and the other serving. I'm not sure whether it was Nicki or Paula that served us, but she was wonderful - we felt like guests that she had invited over for the afternoon.

Tea costs $24 per person and we thought this was an incredible value for the quality AND quantity of items you receive, plus the charming setting. Afternoon tea with Sweet P ranked as one of our favorite experiences in Bermuda and you shouldn't miss it!

One last picture of the beautiful Bermuda Perfumery garden area:

2012-10-03+14.11.23.jpg

Edited by AttilaTheFun

• 3 weeks later...

Not only was the tea at the Perfumery wonderful, the ladies who run it are amazing too! The gardens are lovely, the tea is refreshing(the option of iced tea on the blazing hot Wednesday afternoon we visited was welcome!), and the sweet and savory offerings were delicious(I loved the mismatched China settings!). The perfumery itself is a fascinating place to visit to learn just a tiny bit about perfume making, and it's the birthplace of Lili Bermuda perfumes (and it smells divine inside). The house itself (Stewart Hall) is lovely and also worth the visit.

I found this thread just before my cruise in September, and I'm definitely going back when we visit Bermuda in May; big thanks to irisheileen for asking about Sweet P's!

• 2 months later...
Looks like this is something very new. Up until now, one of the few places one could get high tea was at the Fairmont Hamilton or Fairmont Southampton Hotels. Definitely cheaper at Sweet P's. Will be anxious to hear any feedback.

Someone posted that tea is also being served at a place at Dockyard.

:)

Thanks for your replies. I should have said I meant "High Tea" (as they do on Princess - mid-later afternoon). I know we can get tea WJ or Prom....

We may check into SweetP's....Maybe there is something at the dockyard now. Will keep checking.

Safe sails all.

:)

Thanks for your replies. I should have said I meant "High Tea" (as they do on Princess - mid-later afternoon). I know we can get tea WJ or Prom....

We may check into SweetP's....Maybe there is something at the dockyard now. Will keep checking.

Safe sails all.

I forgot to look around or ask about a place at Dockyard when we were there this past Oct.:o

• 4 months later...

WOW...the pictures and description of the Tea sounds really, REALLY

nice:D.......I am going to Bermuda in August:)

Thanks Iheart for posting think on my thread too:)