Boarding day on the Breakaway "At this time we ask all visitors leave the ship." ???

Jezo

People can visit the ship on the first day? We saw people walking around with visitor badges around their next and then an hour or so before sailaway the announcement came for all visitors to leave the ship.

What's this visitor thing all about? I have never heard or seen of that before.

Periodically Norwegian will offer an opportunity for Travel Agents to bring guests aboard and do a self guided ship tour and have lunch in the main dining room. On Breakaway we had our lunch in the Manhattan room. We were offered a menu with a few choices, not the regular menu, and unlimited beer, wine, or soda. It cost us $25 per person for the tour. It was a great way to check out the ship. We saw all of the types of rooms.

We boarded the ship first and were taken to the Breakaway Theatre for a briefing (sales pitch) and then set free to roam. Lunch began at 12:30 and we had to all sit together. Once we finished, we could explore again but had to be off the ship by 3pm.

We were just on the Jade and when in Jamaica and a couple of other ports we saw NCL employees walking around with their families with "visitor" tags on. I know the head chef was from Jamaica so I'm pretty certain his family was there. I think that's a wonderful thing NCL does. These folk are away from their families for 8-9 months at a time. Saw several happy little girls hanging on their dads. :)

When we got married on the Dawn we had 6 non sailing guests in addition to those who joined us for the whole trip. They also allow couples planning weddings to buy a preview package where they can tour the ship and speak to a wedding coordinator ahead of time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

People can visit the ship on the first day? We saw people walking around with visitor badges around their next and then an hour or so before sailaway the announcement came for all visitors to leave the ship.What's this visitor thing all about? I have never heard or seen of that before.

Sometimes when doing a B2B and in the Haven I see travel agents visit the area to check out the area. I presume they would be some of the people this pertains to.

how do you get to be a visitor to a ship? i think would be great to have a few hours on board before deciding to book

By being in one of the above mentioned categories (wedding, travel agent or invited by one, employee, or crew family). All must be vetted in advance, by corporate, through the submission of passport or other ID, and must be cleared not only for the ship but for the port as well.