ACWMom on Joie de Vivre

acwmom

Wow, just.....wow. This ship is gorgeous beyond words.

BTW, happy birthday Lois![ATTACH]416858[/ATTACH][ATTACH]416859[/ATTACH][ATTACH]416860[/ATTACH][ATTACH]416861[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Agree 100% ! Was onboard in December for XMas Markets and loved everything about the ship and Uniworld. So much so, that we are returning on the sister ship, Maria Theresa, in May.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It hasn't snowed here in 4 years, so it's actually pretty cool. La Roche Guyon was fascinating, and we did accomplish our first tower climb. Much more on my return.

We are passing on the opportunity to also climb Chateau Gaillard today, as we did that one a few years ago.

Robin20180319_111737.thumb.jpg.dfd0ba740f35ee818b13f7c31562d3bb.jpg

20180319_095950.thumb.jpg.39ae77e6ca992c79d1eea5be80377dbf.jpg

Hey Robin, I saw your picture of La Roche Guyon and other stunning snowy pictures! I have a question (more when you get back!). Our itinerary lists Vernon and Les Andelys, not La Roche Guyon. Is that just where they dock or did they change the town? Have a safe rest of the week....

ACWDad's bucket list item today. Golf at Etretat. He shot an 81. Weather was superb![ATTACH]417266[/ATTACH][ATTACH]417267[/ATTACH][ATTACH]417268[/ATTACH]

Oh, wow! I'll have to show these pics to DH--we have thought about this cruise and I think that's how I'll get him to agree. This year and last year have been Azamara golf cruises for him, but I want another river cruise.

Today was the day! And I'm so happy we did this excursion. So worth it![ATTACH]417127[/ATTACH][ATTACH]417128[/ATTACH]

Many years ago I was on a cycling trip in Brittany, and I rushed into Mont St Michel to get across the causeway and get up to see the monestery and abbey. I remember stopping at the beginning of the causeway to enjoy the sight.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Forums mobile app

Hey Robin, I saw your picture of La Roche Guyon and other stunning snowy pictures! I have a question (more when you get back!). Our itinerary lists Vernon and Les Andelys, not La Roche Guyon. Is that just where they dock or did they change the town? Have a safe rest of the week....
SOS, the itinerary this year lists Vernon and La Roche Guyon, skipping Les Andelys. We may have stopped because Giverny wasn't yet opened.

Robin