Margaritaville: 14.99$ cover on Breakaway only?

AlexandNessa

BTW, Carnival has Guy's Burger Joint and Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse on their ships.

Guy's Burger's on Carnival is horrible in my opinion. Had tried one in 2014 and it was super greasy. On my last Carnival cruise in 2015, I walked past the Guy's Burger Grill and they were cooking so many obviously high-fat-content burgers at once on a flat-top grill that the moisture and fat from the meat filled the air such that it was clear that the hood ventilation was not enough to evacuate it. It was disgusting. Margaritaville, at least, is sit-down service with an inexpensive (in my opinion) a la carte menu and good bar food, especially considering the price. NCL should keep (or go back to, as the case may be) Margaritaville as a venue with a la carte pricing.

Be that as it may, I personally don't see a "dilemma" and certainly nothing worth my getting even mildly irritated over. I would just shrug my shoulders and move on, considering there are so many other dining options. I'm of the mind, it's an option, not a requirement. I have other dilemmas in daily life that concern me. Paying $14.99 for lunch is definitely not even on the radar.

Incidentally, I've sailed Breakaway a few times prior to the change to Margaritaville and was happily able to partake of their free offerings back in the day. When I learned of the change, heard there was a la carte (now cover charge) pricing, I still didn't care one bit. It is what it is.

Have you ever tried MDR for lunch; if you like bar type food the dining room actually has a great lunchtime menu. Enjoy

Guy's Burger's on Carnival is horrible in my opinion. Had tried one in 2014 and it was super greasy. On my last Carnival cruise in 2015, I walked past the Guy's Burger Grill and they were cooking so many obviously high-fat-content burgers at once on a flat-top grill that the moisture and fat from the meat filled the air such that it was clear that the hood ventilation was not enough to evacuate it. It was disgusting. Margaritaville, at least, is sit-down service with an inexpensive (in my opinion) a la carte menu and good bar food, especially considering the price. NCL should keep (or go back to, as the case may be) Margaritaville as a venue with a la carte pricing.
At least Carnival is consistent with their offerings across their fleet, unlike NCL with the way Margaritaville is still a la carte on some ships and has been a total ghost town on the Escape after the first few sailings of it being included when there was a major wait for food.

Just because you did not like the burger's at Guy's doesn't mean that it's not extremely popular in 21 different ships in Carnival's fleet, just like the BlueIguana Cantina is. They are both popular alternatives at lunch time, along with other ships that have the Mongolian Wok Asian station. All included options for lunch that NCL has nothing like. That was my one major gripe about my 3 cruises on the Escape and I'm sure it will be my only gripe about my Bliss cruise next year as well.

Don't know why it would take that long. We were done in about 30 minutes. We didn't order "courses" just a few different items.

We've only had MDR lunch about 4 times, but each time it just takes forever. One time our friend's son just wanted 3 orders of the popcorn shrimp. The server brought one order. Then about 10 minutes later, as we were all done with apps, he brought him the 2nd order. At that point we realized what the server was doing, and told him to just please bring the rest of the food. He was going to have all 5 of us just sit and wait while each app was served as a separate course. Good grief. But yeah, it's always been slow for us. We won't do it again. Plenty of good food in the buffet at lunch time.

Lunch has always been by far my least meal on NCL. I guess being on too many NCL ships that the MDR lunch menu just seems so old to me. The lunch buffet is always just ok to me. I did actually get the nachos or tacos a few times. But my bill was always like $8. There is no way I will pay $14.99 when all I want is an item that's $5.99.

It takes too freakin' long. I don't need a 90 minute lunch.

I’ve never spent more than 45 minutes to an hour in the MDR. But then again it is just two of us. Not 5 as you mention in a comment below. No courses involved. Just order once and bring at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never spent more than 45 minutes to an hour in the MDR. But then again it is just two of us. Not 5 as you mention in a comment below. No courses involved. Just order once and bring at once.

Once it was 5 of us. The rest of the time it's been 2.