Disney at Port Canvaeral

Beadinggrandma

Its a long drive, I was just at Disney and was in Port Canaveral back in October. I was really amazed at just how far apart they were.

Also, Disney was terribly expensive, for that matter Universal Studios as well, $82 per person. Luckily we had free tix from volunteering for their Give a Day, Get a Day promotion.

We basically got on 7 rides in 7 hours, so make sure you want to put out that kind of money for standing in lines for most of the time you'll be there. Unless you are there on a weekday I don't think it would be worth it at all. But that is my opinion. :)

I've commented on this many times before. Like the above poster, we too had free tix from the Volunteer program, and it was a "use them or lose them proposition".. So we calculated the cost of a rental car and for about $75 (including tax and tolls) we figured we could vist Disney safely for about 5 or 6 hours and leave up plenty of time to get back. I do not want to discourage you from the Disney experience, but in my opinion, it's not worth the cost of tickets, bus, and the short amount of time you can spend in the park. Realistically, if you plan everything out and use the Disney "fastpass" system, you can get on 5, maybe 6 or 7 rides.. but you will not be able to take in the full Disney experience. The park really warrants a full day to explore and enjoy. but, again, if this is your only opportunity, and this Holiday experience is what you've been waiting for, then go for it. Look at it like this.. you have an hour to explore New York City.. what can you really do in that short time? I hope you make an informed decision and most of all enjoy!

When I went to PC I went to Seaworld, we were rushed, but I booked the NCL excursion for transport only. This ensured me that I wouldn't have to worry about missing the ship due to a mechanical failure on a public vehicle.

As for the tickets. I bought them online for about 1/2 of what NCL charges for them. I'm sure you can do the same with Disney or Universal, you may need to do some searching but there are soupon codes out there. Me personally I got BOGO tickets for seaworld.

Archived