Alaska Cruise on Bliss out of Seattle

CruisingAmazona

Doing an Alaska cruise for first time in 2018 on the new Bliss. Getting ready soon to start booking airline and hotel, just a few questions:

1. SeaTac is the airport?

2. Cruise port?

3. How far is cruise port from airport?

4. How far is airport from Downtown Seattle (looking at W Seattle for night before embarkation).

And finally, the one direct flight option returning from Seattle to Miami leaves at 12:55pm. I'm hoping to leave on same day as disembarkation, but want to make sure that I can make that flight?

Doing an Alaska cruise for first time in 2018 on the new Bliss. Getting ready soon to start booking airline and hotel, just a few questions:

2. Cruise port?

4. How far is airport from Downtown Seattle (looking at W Seattle for night before embarkation).

And finally, the one direct flight option returning from Seattle to Miami leaves at 12:55pm. I'm hoping to leave on same day as disembarkation, but want to make sure that I can make that flight?

Time to break out the old Google, that's simple stuff to look up.

Time to break out the old Google, that's simple stuff to look up.

Geez thanks for your [non] help! Clearly I know that and have done research, but was under the impression that's what CruiseCritic was for: to enlist the assistance of others who have cruised before you!

"The more things change, the more they stay the same!"

2. Cruise port?

(1) Yes, SeaTac is the correct airport

(2) Bell Street Cruise Port on the Seattle Waterfront (Downtown Seattle)

(3,4) About 15 to 20 miles to the South

The Marriott Waterfront is directly across the street from the terminal. The Historic Edgewater is right next door.

Because The Bliss will NOT be the only cruise ship disembarking passengers on a Saturday and SeaTac can be a nightmare getting through security, I am not sure I would risk 12:55 P.M. if there is another option for you.

Because The Bliss will NOT be the only cruise ship disembarking passengers on a Saturday and SeaTac can be a nightmare getting through security, I am not sure I would risk 12:55 P.M. if there is another option for you.

Thanks! And yes, I was afraid of that and was hesitant myself. Would prefer a later flight, but there are none. Next option is to stay overnight and leave on Sunday.

Any suggestions on airport hotels?

Thanks! And yes, I was afraid of that and was hesitant myself. Would prefer a later flight, but there are none. Next option is to stay overnight and leave on Sunday.

Any suggestions on airport hotels?

Courtyard by Marriott

Get a transfer from the ship to the airport and then go the hotel shuttle pick-up and call them for a FREE shuttle to the hotel.

Be aware that although the airport is approximately 15 miles south of downtown and the pier (via I5), traffic can be very bad depending on the time of day. Give yourself enough time for transit and security lines in the airport and/or stay overnight and leave the following day. Enjoy your cruise and your stay in Seattle!

I'm a Seattle native and fly to/from SeaTac every couple weeks. Personally, I would book the nonstop departing at 12:55. I'm sure lots of people will tell you it's too risky, etc. However, you can either take an uber directly from the cruise port to the airport in 15-20 mins most of the time, or take the light rail from downtown to the airport. The light rail will take longer, but isn't impacted by traffic. However, on the worst of days it has never taken me longer than 45 minutes to get from downtown to the airport, even at 530pm (rush hour).

I would also easily feel comfortable with your departure flight time. The light rail is not traffic dependent. You can always just plan on taking light rail if worries about traffic. You can also get tsa pre check if worried about airport security. most likely will be easier to just take Uber or taxi from ship to airport but if traffic snarl just plan on getting to light rail from ship and then onto airport.

I'd second the Edgewater. It's level ground from where ships dock. The W is up a few blocks and if you have luggage it's a pain. If set on the W then take a taxi to ship for embarking.

I would not stay at an airport hotel pre cruise. They are far from anywhere you'd want to sight see. They are basically good for very early flight home.

I was on the Jewel in May and we debarked on Sat. Our flight was 1:05PM and we had plenty of time after we got to the airport. We had booked a car through NCL. I don't remember the service, but when we got our luggage, he was right across the street, made a u-turn, and we were on our way. If I remember right, it was around $60.00, but well worth it.

Geez thanks for your [non] help! Clearly I know that and have done research, but was under the impression that's what CruiseCritic was for: to enlist the assistance of others who have cruised before you!

"The more things change, the more they stay the same!"

You brought up valid questions. I learned a lot from the NICE people who offer invaluable information. Thank you to all for info. I want this Bliss/Alaskan cruise so bad! I know what to do now. I hope you have an amazing time! :)

Pier 66 is getting remodeled to accommodate the Bliss next year. NCL was first to Seattle for Alaska cruises so, they have the best pier location. Embarkation and disembarkation should go pretty smoothly. However, with so many more passengers then Jewel class ships , they should be planning for this. We cruise NCL to Alaska every year and seeing a ship the size of the Bliss will be interesting. (Just thinking of a ship that size in port in Ketchikan .) :eek:

I'm a Seattle native and fly to/from SeaTac every couple weeks. Personally, I would book the nonstop departing at 12:55.

Yes, thanks, I plan on booking 12:55 nonstop back to Miami - if we self-disembark, we can be off ship early enough, grab an Uber to airport. I think we should be fine with that flight. Frankly, once cruise is over, I want to get home and it's pretty darn far! Thanks, I was looking forward to the responses from the locals!

Hi and welcome to our site. You can also see if the ship has an option to take your bags to the airport. You won't see your bags again until you get home. There is a fee for this but it is really worth it. That way you can eliminate check in of bags at the airport and it will save you time. Just make sure you keep your clothes you need for the next morning. You put your bags out in the hall way the night before you get off. Don't worry, many passengers do this. Just make sure they are locked. Have a great cruise.

Hi and welcome to our site. You can also see if the ship has an option to take your bags to the airport. You won't see your bags again until you get home. There is a fee for this but it is really worth it. That way you can eliminate check in of bags at the airport and it will save you time. Just make sure you keep your clothes you need for the next morning. You put your bags out in the hall way the night before you get off. Don't worry, many passengers do this. Just make sure they are locked. Have a great cruise.

What? Why have I never heard this?? Do you know which ships do this and at which ports?? Got off the Escape on the 14th and the luggage check in area at Miami Intl was crazy. I was so tired from having so much fun on the cruise that my suitcase felt like it weighed a ton and trying to maneuver around people was not my idea of a good time!

Please share the details!:cool:

Yes, thanks, I plan on booking 12:55 nonstop back to Miami - if we self-disembark, we can be off ship early enough, grab an Uber to airport. I think we should be fine with that flight. Frankly, once cruise is over, I want to get home and it's pretty darn far! Thanks, I was looking forward to the responses from the locals!

The flight time is fine. Remember that you are on a mega ship, so the elf walk off people will be lining up long before the advertised time. And there will be a lot of congestion in the elevators and disembarkation line if you wait too long.

We won’t know how well the terminal upgrades work until next year. Bell street terminal, has been pretty bad with no real space to load and unload people outside the terminal. And that was with smaller ships like the Jewel. We will also be sailing on the Bliss next year and are getting really excited.

What? Why have I never heard this?? Do you know which ships do this and at which ports?? Got off the Escape on the 14th and the luggage check in area at Miami Intl was crazy. I was so tired from having so much fun on the cruise that my suitcase felt like it weighed a ton and trying to maneuver around people was not my idea of a good time!

Please share the details!:cool:

I did this on the Carnival Spirit ( no longer does Alaska ) and the NCL Pearl for my Alaska cruises out of Seattle. It was great. Ask at the service desk if they do it on your ship or see if it is offered on the cruise line site for your ship where the tours are or extra things to buy. It was so easy and so worth the money. They even printed out my flight ticket for me because the baggage cost was charged to my c.c. card. All I had to take with me was a small back pack for the plane. I hope they do it on all the ships.

NCL got rid of the BAGS program some years back.

NCL got rid of the BAGS program some years back.

Thanks for correcting me. I haven't cruised in some time so I am out of the '' loop '' on that. It is too bad it is gone because it was really helpful for the passengers. Sorry to all for the misleading info. Does anyone know if Carnival still does it??

i recommend the Marriott Waterfront on Alaskan Way. you can wake up to the ship right outside your window, and you just need to cross the street to get there. :-)

Yep! Thanks, saw that and booked two nights pre-cruise at the Marriott Seattle Waterfront.

Another question (I suspect I will have many between now and cruise....) anyone ever booked with Viator Tours and have any negative or positive views? I don't even remember if asking that question is against the rules or not, so don't attack me please! LOL. There's one particular day tour I like that takes you to the Falls and to three wineries. Was thinking about doing something like that on Friday before cruise.