Should Azamara look to expand fleet to 4 ships?

chessbriar

I was playing on internet and for some reason put in cruise ships for sale and stumbled across this add

http://cruiseship.homestead.com/1999_Cruise_Vessel.pdf

Unless this in an old add for the Adonia/Royal Princess, Princess might be looking to unload their last r-class ship.

Your thoughts on whether you think Azamara should add another R-class ship

Yes, they should expand but I don't want them taking the Pacific Princess away from Princess. I love that ship. They just did a renovation on it last May I think and it looked terrific in August with the new furnishings and livery. People are saying on other boards that the for sale ad is not current.

Yes, they should expand but I don't want them taking the Pacific Princess away from Princess. I love that ship. They just did a renovation on it last May I think and it looked terrific in August with the new furnishings and livery. People are saying on other boards that the for sale ad is not current.

They won't be taking anything away from Princess -- Princess is part of Carnival and Azamara is part of Royal Caribbean, so if Azamara gets it that will be because Carnival decided to dump it.

They won't be taking anything away from Princess -- Princess is part of Carnival and Azamara is part of Royal Caribbean, so if Azamara gets it that will be because Carnival decided to dump it.

The sale of Adonia to Azamara has removed the “Carnival will never sell anything to Royal Caribbean” argument.

Princess I know struggled to make Pacific & Ocean profitable and even more so when Adonia was Royal Princess, Pacific has a loyal following, as did Ocean. However bottom line is these small ships have running costs as high as bigger ships but less passengers to share the cost and there’s a limit to how much customers will pay for the Princess product.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The sale of Adonia to Azamara has removed the “Carnival will never sell anything to Royal Caribbean” argument.

Princess I know struggled to make Pacific & Ocean profitable and even more so when Adonia was Royal Princess, Pacific has a loyal following, as did Ocean. However bottom line is these small ships have running costs as high as bigger ships but less passengers to share the cost and there’s a limit to how much customers will pay for the Princess product.

There is also a limit to how much customers will pay for the Azamara product

I am not sure if they realize that but they should.

Edited by Bloodaxe

There is also a limit to how much customers will pay for the Azamara product

I am not sure if they realize that but they should.

There is, however especially for those in the U.K. cruising is getting more expensive, unless you are prepared to go on the mega ships.

For comparison I looked at two cruises for August this year both 15 days U.K. & Iceland itineraries, Pacific Princess is round trip Dover & Pursuit round trip Southampton. On the cruise lines websites for a mid ship balcony cabin (2 pax) the cost are Princess - £9250 Azamara - £11000, for Princess you have to add gratuities and any onboard drinks. Although we like the Princess product I think that Azamara are better in nearly all respects.

There are discounts being given by U.K. travel agents for Azamara one is quoting the balcony cabin at £8600.