Highlights of NB Westerdam and room 5001 June 10, 2018

Took my mobility challenged father in law. Not too many pics aboard ship, but includes video of the mysterious accessible rooms all the way forward on deck 5. Visit w friends in Ketchikan, car rental trip to Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau, and car rental and drive to Whitehorse in Skagway. Basically a great week on the art of goofing off! Main Alaska pics forthcoming.

Took my mobility challenged father in law. Not too many pics aboard ship' date=' but includes video of the mysterious accessible rooms all the way forward on deck 5. Visit w friends in Ketchikan, car rental trip to Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau, and car rental and drive to Whitehorse in Skagway. Basically a great week on the art of goofing off! Main Alaska pics forthcoming.

[/quote']

Watch the video, was great, says that is part 1of 2, I cant seen to find part 2, can you post the link

Watch the video, was great, says that is part 1of 2, I cant seen to find part 2, can you post the link

Part 2 includes Seward Major Marine Wildlife Cruise, Gold Star Alaska Railroad to Anchorage; rental car to Denali with Tundra Wilderness Tour; Talkeetna with Flightseeing; back to Anchorage. Hope to have it up this week.

• 3 weeks later...
Took my mobility challenged father in law. Not too many pics aboard ship' date=' but includes video of the mysterious accessible rooms all the way forward on deck 5. Visit w friends in Ketchikan, car rental trip to Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau, and car rental and drive to Whitehorse in Skagway. Basically a great week on the art of goofing off! Main Alaska pics forthcoming.

[/quote']

Did you enjoy the drive to Whitehorse? We did it the last time in Skagway and my DH is talking about doing it again. I have to be honest, it freaked me out to be that far from our ship. We've been to Whitehorse a lot and we love it but.....I am a worrywart. The border patrol guy told us only a tiny percentage of people that rent cars in Skagway actually go as far as Whitehorse.

Hey Shelly, small world, enjoy your trip!

St. Louis Sal, we had no idea we would end up in Whitehorse. When we left Skagway that morning our destination was Carcross/Emerald Lake. Upon talking to some locals in Carcross, we decided to continue to Whitehorse, which had some nice options for lunch. The next time I may wander east on the highway.

Hey Shelly' date=' small world, enjoy your trip!

St. Louis Sal, we had no idea we would end up in Whitehorse. When we left Skagway that morning our destination was Carcross/Emerald Lake. Upon talking to some locals in Carcross, we decided to continue to Whitehorse, which had some nice options for lunch. The next time I may wander east on the highway.[/quote']

We had a favorite restaurant in Whitehorse, but I discovered it has closed. Where did you end up eating?

St. Louis Sal

We had a favorite restaurant in Whitehorse, but I discovered it has closed. Where did you end up eating?

St. Louis Sal

Couldn't tell you the name, but it was connected to a hotel and was on the oneway street that takes you back toward the highway. Waitress seemed impressed that we managed to come all the way from Skagway and would be back in time to make sail away. We actually got back with plenty of time to spare. I took Jack back to the room, returned the car, then took the Dewey Lake trail up the hill to the reservoir... you can see a couple pics looking down on Skagway in the 1st video.