Staterooms under the pool

Babametcha

Hello all! I've booked stateroom 728 for the 7-day 12/22 cruise. I was just looking at the deck plans and realized this is right below the pool. Has anyone booked a room on deck 7 midship? If so, was there noise from deck chairs being moved at any time? While it would not be a problem for my daughters, I do love my peace and quiet!:) TIA

By across the hall do you mean the odd numbered side. We're in 727 for 11 days starting this Sat 9/8.

Nothing to worry about ...

It's the same for both sides. If the deck sketches are close to being accurate your actually just aft of the pool by a few feet with the pool deck just slightly forward and to the side of the Le Grill above you. We've been mid ship on deck 7 and never had a problem with noise.

We were in cabin 734 ( similar location ) and it was quiet. Some mornings we could smell breakfast cooking from Le Grill but since we are early risers it was never an issue. You will have a fantastic trip !

Thanks, Kahuna. That's pretty much what we thought when we booked it. At this point I'm trying to stop obsessing over everything (plane, weather, excursions, room) and get myself into an island of state of mind.

Now your talking ..... get into the relax mode. One piece of advise ... your heading to island time and the sooner you get into that tempo the better time you will have. Your not longer in hustle and bustle .... your on island time and things around the island can be a bit slower, relax and go with the flow, you will come to enjoy the relax mode of island time.

I appreciate all of your guidance Kahuna. Your input has been invaluable. Although this is my first trip to FP, I've been to all of the Hawaiian Islands, a total of 12-14 trips over the years. All land, no cruises. There is an awful lot more to contend with for this trip than any trip I've ever taken to Hawaii. I do love an Island state of mind, and will be getting there shortly.

Mr randal...there is a lot more to contend with before you leave, yes....but once on board you will be in a constant state of relaxation and euphoria....with all respect to Hawaii and our home away from home, Kauai, you will never look at Hawaii the same after visiting FP..

Thanks Larro9, I was hoping that would not be the case, as we have enjoyed Hawaii for many years. Each Island has it's own personality, and truly in love with Kauai, being the most laid back, least developed, and we almost feel like the locals after we've been there for a few days.

• 3 weeks later...

Baba, just returned from our cruise and post stay at IHC Thalassa. Our room, 727 is starboard, your room 728 is port side. We boarded on the port side, and they tendered 2 of 6 stops from the port side, 4 from starboard. The tender process doesn't normally get going until 7am or so, but can be quite noisy, as the tenders are located directly under your cabin and must be lowered. As well, the tenders are diesel, and when alongside, you can smell the diesel exhaust quite strongly if your glass balcony doors are open. There is some noise from above on deck 8, as the crew moves the deck chairs each morning and each night. They stack most of them on the starboard side, near the bar, but they roll them in stacks across the deck. It's a ship, and there are plenty of ship sounds, some mechanical, some creaks. However, we slept extremely well. It not really that bad, we rose early every morning and were usually fully awake and drinking coffee on our deck when most of the noise occurred. It was quite a bit quieter on those mornings when the tender was operating on the other side of the ship. Pretty certain which side is used is most probably determined by weather, tides and anchorage location. The cabin is amidship, so rocking wasn't bad, but high, so a little worse than lower decks. Overall, we were extremely happy, I would tweek a few things we did and how we did them if we return, which we almost certainly will.