Is Cabin Proximity Important (to you) on Princess Ships to the Onboard Laundromat?

need2cruisesoon

We're walkers, so the further away the laundromat is the better. Even though we get free laundry, we like doing our own. So, if a cabin near the laundromat is a must, look for one. However, the laundromat isn't on every deck. Some are aft and some are forward. Take your pick. Your cabin choices will be limited.

Really? There are several laundromats on each ship. I've never had any problem tossing my laundry into a bag or a pillow case and carrying it to the appropriate location. If it keeps her happy to be near the laundry, that's fine...but it wouldn't be a "make it or break it" for me. On a 10 day cruise, you'll do laundry twice at most, more likely once.

Really? There are several laundromats on each ship. I've never had any problem tossing my laundry into a bag or a pillow case and carrying it to the appropriate location. If it keeps her happy to be near the laundry' date=' that's fine...but it wouldn't be a "make it or break it" for me. On a 10 day cruise, you'll do laundry twice at most, more likely once.[/quote']

I suspect girlfriend will be doing laundry a lot more than twice if she is so concerned about location.

We've only been on a handful of cruises and only on the royal class ships, I do the laundry for dw and I don't mind the walk at all. I've even paced it out at 130 steps from mid-elevators or about 250 from forward elevators multiplied by 3 (once to start, again to dry and then pickup). So when you see a smiling old guy wearing a Hawaiian shirt and carrying a large bundle down the hallway at 6am looking like santa... you'll know:)

I have never done laundry on a cruise of up to 10 days. We're going on a 15 day through the Panama Canal and are only planning to do laundry once. You have to keep your g-friend happy but needing to be near the laundry must mean something and not sure it's anything good(LOL)

When we've done laundry on previous cruises, we throw the stuff into our rolling carry-on bag & head down the hall. Easier than carrying a bag. We generally like forward cabins & most of the laundry rooms are aft.

Funny story - we were just on a cruise to Alaska & had been in Las Vegas for a week before the cruise. When we left Vegas, we packed all the dirty clothes into our bag that we carried on to the ship so we could hit the laundry right after boarding. (The hotel we stayed at in Vegas didn't have laundry room). We had seen our cabin & met our steward. We then headed down to the laundry room (1 floor down & forward -- great location for us). Ran into our steward down there & he sure looked surprised to see us. I guess he thought we were lost!

Before I became elite, I would do our laundry once or twice on 10+ day cruises. I liked being close to a laundry room because I had a very bad knee and it was so hard to walk with a heavy laundry bag from one end of the ship to the other. So there are reasons why people like me wanted to be near the laundry room. I fixed my issues, I had a knee replacement (YAY) and then I became elite and now I let Princess do my laundry.

We have had cabins a short walk from the laundry and cabins where the nearest laundry was on the next deck down. It has never influenced our choice of cabin. Yes, it's easier if the laundry is at least on the same deck but, if it's on the same deck but all the way at the other end of the ship it's not any better than if it's on a deck one up or one down from out cabin but at the same end of the ship. Seriously, the location of the laundry has never been a factor in the cabin we book.

Don’t forget the nearest laundry maybe one deck up or down. The only issue is Princess has started removing some laundry rooms and changing them to staff cabins. They only do this on one side not on a deck, can cause issues when laundry rooms are busy.

Funny story - we were just on a cruise to Alaska & had been in Las Vegas for a week before the cruise. When we left Vegas, we packed all the dirty clothes into our bag that we carried on to the ship so we could hit the laundry right after boarding. (The hotel we stayed at in Vegas didn't have laundry room). We had seen our cabin & met our steward. We then headed down to the laundry room (1 floor down & forward -- great location for us). Ran into our steward down there & he sure looked surprised to see us. I guess he thought we were lost!

We also did a land vacation before our last cruise. Since we were in a window suite, I packed up the dirties and sent them out on the first night. I like starting a cruise with everything clean and typically do the laundry at a hotel before boarding, but since we had laundry service, I thought I might as well get used to the perks.

yes the location of the laundry has influenced the cabin we book. We don't want one too close to the laundry (eg opposite) as I don't like the laundry smells.

On past cruises we have done a lot of washing with young children but didnt find a problem walking to laundry. Other cruisers will often fold your laundry if the load finishes and they need the machine.

On our first cruise we met a lovely couple who had to help us work out how to use the machine - UK machines are front loaders :D:D

If you pack correctly, you won’t need to do laundry - except perhaps “intimates” - which can be done in the sink and hung in the dryer. Look at a 4x4 capsule wardrobe - pretty much 16 pieces to carry you through an entire season!

Not saying you have to turn your wardrobe into that (though I have and it has been so liberating!) but if you use it for packing, it’s perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you pack correctly, you won’t need to do laundry - except perhaps “intimates” - which can be done in the sink and hung in the dryer. Look at a 4x4 capsule wardrobe - pretty much 16 pieces to carry you through an entire season!

Not saying you have to turn your wardrobe into that (though I have and it has been so liberating!) but if you use it for packing, it’s perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the input, with her everything is in the hamper after one wearing.

The ""intimate" stuff we usually bring Woolite but this cruise she loves the fact that Princess has the laundromat and no hanging stuff on the balcony to dry.

Ron

I'm with your GF on this issue. I always check the proximity of the laundry room and make an attempt to pick a stateroom that is close by (if not directly across from). Beware, however, that this doesn't always work out. We were on the Coral last week and the laundry room on our floor was out of order for the entire cruise so we had to use the laundry room on the next floor up.:eek:

Yes. Put me as far away as possible. I only pack a carryon and the steward handles getting it there & back for me. I'm on vacation! :cool:

You must not take any longer cruises. Try 28 days or 60 days with only a carry on and not doing any laundry. Ewwwwwwww...

As for the OP: 10 days shouldn't require laundry. It's just not that long of a cruise.