Flights

CaroleLee

In planning stage for Bordeaux river cruise on AMA. The land portion begins in Bilbao Spain. We are flying from JFK business class. There are no non-stop flights but rather flights with stops In Madrid. Airlines are BA or Iberia both code share with AA. Question has anyone flown this route? Opinion of service on either carrier. Realistically how much time should we allow for connecting flights?

Thx

Carole

Go with BA. Iberia has a very difficult time with lost luggage. They are known for it. Add a language problem and it becomes almost impossible to resolve. Not the way to begin a cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Madrid is also a huge airport with long distances to walk. Remember you go through immigration where you enter the Schengen zone; i.e. in Madrid.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Forums mobile app

That is relative, IMO. As compared to Frankfurt, Heathrow or CDG - not even close. And their tram system in MAD is very efficient and signage very good IMO.

You can also fly Delta (JFK-MAD 7:35pm-9:15am on 767-400, 90 min layover, MAD-BIO 10:45am-11:45am on Air Europa Embraer 190). That would be my choice.

Thx to all for the answers. I have status with AA and want to use my points for my and DH's airfare