Three Queens

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:59 PM.
942 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
All three Queens made it to safety to Southampton. Mary at City, Victoria at Ocean and Elizabeth at Elizabeth if that makes sense. The weather was good for ship spotting and photography. Hopefully it will stay nice for the Three Queens event.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Hampshire, England
1,701 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
We will need a miracle with the weather.

It is currently raining cats & dogs.

Not exactly panic stations at Solent Towers even though we have our annual Cowes Firework Party .

I'm sure our guests will understand even if the balcony is 'out of bounds'.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising is in the Blood

USA
185 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
What a shame... week after week of wall to wall sunshine, no rain and.... now this. There really is "Red Arrows Weather" as we discovered two years ago at Sidmouth.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

FRANCE-RAFFAELLO-LEONARDO DA VINCI-STEFAN BATORY-QUEEN ELIZABETH 2-CANBERRA-UGANDA-GUGLIELMO MARCONI-EUROPA-CENTAUR-VISTAFJORD-BALTIKA-ORIANA-ACHILLE LAURO-OCEANIC-BRITANIS-AKDENIZ-ROTTERDAM-ST. HELENA-EUGENIO C.-BLACK PRINCE-BLACK WATCH-R7-PILGRIM BELLE-REGAL EMPRESS-VICTORIA-REGATTA-MAASDAM-CARONIA-QUEEN MARY 2-EURODAM-NIEUW AMSTERDAM-MARINA-RIVIERA-QUEEN ELIZABETH
20 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
After all the earlier rain today, clear blue skies here now on the south coast.
Wishing I was onboard one of the Queens, sitting on deck waiting for the Red Arrows to fly overhead.
Vale of Glamorgan
4,488 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
The port Twitter account posted a great photo this morning

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

If contacting me via email, please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Iowa
1,729 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Excellent! The Red Arrows performance went on after all. I'm sure there will be many wonderful photos of the action to be found elsewhere. But here is my modest contribution as I am 4000 miles from the action. This is a screen grab from the "Solent Views" webcam found on "isleofwightwebcams.co.uk".

Three Queens Red Arrows Fly-Over.jpg
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John

"There’s nothing―absolutely nothing―half so much worth doing as messing about in boats." ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind In The Willows

CroisiEurope Douce France, Rhine River (2004) ... Queen Mary 2, Transatlantic (2005, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018) ... Queen Elizabeth 2, Norwegian Wonders (2008) ... Island Princess, Panama Canal (2008) ... Queen Victoria, Gallic Getaway (2009) ... Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean (2010) ... Brilliance of the Seas, Suez Canal (2011) ... Queen Elizabeth, Eastern Mediterranean (2012) ... Maasdam, Canada and New England (2013) ... Queen Mary 2, Caribbean Fiesta (2013) ... Serenade of the Seas, Baltic (2017) ... Queen Mary 2, Norway Fjords (2018)

East Lancashire
2,764 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Technology is a wonderful thing when it lets you watch ships live from 4,000 miles away.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QE2, 1991, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004 (twice) 2005, 2006, 2007 (twice) and 2008 (twice). Caronia 2002 and 2003, QM2 2009, 2010 (twice), 2011, 2014 and 2015, QV 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016, QE 2012 (twice), 2013, 2015 and 2017. Braemar 2015 (once was enough) Oriana 2017, Good but I still prefer Cunard.
Up north
84 Posts
Joined May 2017
Watched the 3 Queens & Red Arrows display on the hotel webcam, what a great way to spend a Friday evening! It will be even better when I’m onboard QM2 in a few weeks time, getting very excited!
Vale of Glamorgan
4,488 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Originally posted by bluemarble
Excellent! The Red Arrows performance went on after all. I'm sure there will be many wonderful photos of the action to be found elsewhere. But here is my modest contribution as I am 4000 miles from the action. This is a screen grab from the "Solent Views" webcam found on "isleofwightwebcams.co.uk".

Attachment 426522
Wonderful, thank you so much for posting
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

If contacting me via email, please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Vale of Glamorgan
4,488 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
The Red Arrows had this view

https://www.facebook.com/royalairfor...7818450680724/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Hampshire Coast, England
1,009 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
Sorry, a big late. We are on board. (Q.V.). The weather was perfect! We had a running commentary from Cowes Radio. The Red Arrows were superb, as always. A wonderful start to what is becoming an amazing cruise. (From off shore Southern Norway)
Vale of Glamorgan
4,488 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Thanks for posting, enjoy the rest of your cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature