Mini-suite(s) with shower only

Plant

I realize it isn't what you asked about and apologize for the minor off topic change but I thought I would tell folks that there are also mini suites with no balcony. They are window mini suites. We stayed on one on Island Princess and it was good. The cabin is as large as a regular mini - including the balcony space - but has a window instead. We loved the size of the cabin. We caught a nasty cold shortly after boarding (it was everywhere onboard by the end of the cruise) and spent extra time in the cabin. My wife was really pretty sick on the 4th of July but watched much of the parade in Ketchikan from the window of the cabin.

I now return you to the original topic and sincerely hope I haven't upset anyone with the different topic. It is at least vaguely related in that it refers to non-standard mini suites.

I'm sure I've seen deck plans with a few mini-suites that have only a shower, but now I can't find the ship(s) they're on. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

We are also interested in this. If staterooms have a separate shower and bath, then fine by us but the deathtrap of a shower over a bath is something we avoid. When booking hotel rooms we always ask for a stand alone shower to avoid the tripping/slipping hazard. We are still fairly young but can the accidents just waiting to happen.

We are also interested in this. If staterooms have a separate shower and bath, then fine by us but the deathtrap of a shower over a bath is something we avoid. When booking hotel rooms we always ask for a stand alone shower to avoid the tripping/slipping hazard. We are still fairly young but can the accidents just waiting to happen.

this is why we don't get mini's - we've both fallen, neither in the shower/tub/bathroom, but don't need the tub with balance issues getting in and out

deluxe balcony is all that is 'needed'...but on our shorter cruises an interior is fine with us for the limited time we are awake in the cabin

D-733 and D-732 on Caribbean Princess and I'm assuming it's sisters

For anyone reading this, just remember that these cabins have a very unusual floor plan. I've just learned this past week that these were originally made as HC but didn't pass inspection so can't be sold as such.

The 2 twin beds aren't supposed to be pushed together to make a queen, although I've been told that cabin stewards have managed a way to work around that. The twin beds are separated by the wide aisle that runs the length of the cabin. When they're pushed together, I've heard it's hard to get around them. The best part of these cabins is the large balcony and bathroom.

I saw something but not sure where, that for room service on the Royal Princess there's only continental breakfasts served. Hoping that's not true as we love our eggs, etc. as well as eating it on our balcony.

OOOps. Meant to post this as a new thread. Sorry

I saw something but not sure where, that for room service on the Royal Princess there's only continental breakfasts served. Hoping that's not true as we love our eggs, etc. as well as eating it on our balcony.

OOOps. Meant to post this as a new thread. Sorry

Not true, we had bacon, eggs, bagels, muffins, coffee, fruit last year

On the Royal? I posted it on the Princess site and they all said only if you write it in. Were you on recently?

Sailed last July; but I was in a suite; so that may have had something to do with it

I realize it isn't what you asked about and apologize for the minor off topic change but I thought I would tell folks that there are also mini suites with no balcony. They are window mini suites. We stayed on one on Island Princess and it was good. The cabin is as large as a regular mini - including the balcony space - but has a window instead. We loved the size of the cabin. We caught a nasty cold shortly after boarding (it was everywhere onboard by the end of the cruise) and spent extra time in the cabin. My wife was really pretty sick on the 4th of July but watched much of the parade in Ketchikan from the window of the cabin.

I now return you to the original topic and sincerely hope I haven't upset anyone with the different topic. It is at least vaguely related in that it refers to non-standard mini suites.

Yes, the window mini-suite is awesome! I had one in Alaska and loved the extra space!

Thanks everyone! Thrak, I always enjoy your posts, OT or not :) .

Some of the above cabins are still listed as HC. We'll check when we book our next cruise. Getting in and out of a tub with knee problems is a pain in more ways than one!