"Reflections" dvd package Jan 14th-30th Golden Princess Hawaii

DSavard

Did anyone purchase the "Reflections" dvd package? i viewed part of mine and the cocktail demo chapter has a black screen half the time, like they forgot to add our ship footage to the stock footage. Does anyone else have the same problem? Also on one of the port chapters there is a crawler on the bottom to remind us to make sure we purchase the video. (They forgot to remove the crawler on the final product) Very amateurish.

It sounds like the editor must have forgotten to add footage and remove the crawler....that's awful! I work as a video editor and it sounds like someone made a big mistake. Chances are that all of the videos are like that. You should try writing a letter to Princess and maybe they'll provide you with a refund because that seems pretty unacceptable to me!

• 5 years later...

Similar Problem - Princess Cruise Jan 22, 2018 to Feb 6, 2018 - Hawaii 15 days - San Francisco - Hawaii - San Francisco. I purchased the Reflections DVD because my wife and I were in the ship's presentation of the Hula dancers and the Ukulele players. When I tried to play the DVD I received the dreaded "Disc Error" which means the DVD can not be opened. Obviously I was exceptionally disappointed because we had invited friends and family members to watch the post cruise DVD. Needless to say we had to call the invitees and tell them the very sad news. I immediately sent an email to Princess Customer Service. I received a confirmation email reply that said Princess had received my email and they would process it in the order in which it was received. After not hearing anything for a while my wife called Cust Svc and explained the situation. She was told her information was being passed on to another Princess employee who would call her soon. 3 days passed and no call so I called Cust Svc again last evening (Feb 20, 2018) and relayed my aggravation and disappointment to the Princess Cust Svc person. She could only transfer me to another person's phone. My wife called and left another voice message. The person has now sent an email stating she passed the info to the photography dept to see if they had a "good" DVD they could send me. If not she said she would refund the money accordingly, whatever that means. Realistically, I want a playable DVD because the Hula and Ukulele performances can not be duplicated. I want a DVD that "works."

I did some research on the internet and found that this is obviously not a new problem to Princess. I found bad DVD complaints as far back as 2010. Seems like the Princess quality control process is not working very well. I contacted a lady my wife met on the cruise and she said her DVD does the exact same thing. Another out of sorts Princess PAYING customer. To make the taste even more bitter, when I purchased the DVD I asked the sales lady if they guaranteed the DVD would work ok and if the presentation we were in was included. She vigorously contended the DVDs were top notch and they did not have problems with them. Well, chalk up at least two (2) that does have a problem. I suspect there may be many that do not play. I am entering this experience in my Lessons Learned drawer and if I am ever foolish enough to waste my money on a Princess Reflections DVD, you can rest assured I will insist the sales person places my DVD in a player and demonstrate that the DVD can even be opened. Remember, however, they insist you must pre-pay so if you do get a non-playable DVD, you will probably have a battle getting a refund.

My wife and I have been on several Princess cruises and to be fair the cruise was great. They entertainment and food was great. The only thing that semi-ruined the cruise was the crummy DVD part.

Basic overall problem is this. Some Google searches reveals that per Princess, they do not keep a master copy of the Reflections DVD in the event they might have a "bad" on and need to replace it. Now that part is worse than careless - that part to me is Princess just plain does not care. And that is not good. I have been promised by the lady from Cust Svc she will either get a good replacement DVD or refund my money.

If anyone who was on the cruise - booking # VG9M8Q and received a "bad" Reflections DVD, please email me and I want to start a list to present to Princess and hopefully they will change this "not far from a scam" money maker. My email is bs3957@yahoo.com..

I didn't have your particular issue, but did run into problems with my DVD purchase on the Star to Hawaii over the holidays. In my case, I specifically asked at the photo counter which dvd I needed to purchase to get the footage I wanted. I purchased the dvd I was told to and was disappointed when I got home and found that none of what I had requested was on there. I emailed customer service who passed the comments to the ship. The response back was that I should have purchased a different dvd - very frustrating. I then asked customer service if they could locate the dvd that DID have the footage so that I could purchase it (it was never about getting the cheapest option, all I wanted was the footage of my kids in the shows!) For me, customer service went above and beyond and were not only able to find me a copy of the dvd but evensent it to me at no charge (which I have never asked for - I was more than happy to pay!) I would say keep pushing for a replacement as they obviously do keep master copies somewhere!

Update - The lady who was supposed to call my wife about 3 days ago sent an email that I receive today and she advise me that she had contacted the Photo folks on the Grand Princess and asked if they have a "good" DVD that she can send me as a replacement. Good luck with that - I already read a response via Google that Princess says they do not keep a master. So I wonder how Princess expects to replace DVDs that their folks did not check before they gave me the worthless thing. The lady who sent the email today added if they can not replace the "bad" DVD she will refund my money "accordingly." Not sure what the accordingly implies, but I hope a full refund.

Didn't Barnum and Bailey (Circus Gurus) say, "there is a fool been every day?" I guess I qualify for being a registered and certified fool. Not to mention there is no way to ever regain those few minutes my wife and I wanted to show our family and friends. Thanks a lot Princess - way to go...

Update #2, The lady who emailed me about the BAD DVD said she had contacted the Grand Princess to see if they can provide a GOOD DVD. That in itself seems strange coming from a Customer Service person who I wold think encounters this same dilemma before now, based on the number of people who came up in a Google search that had similar DVD problems. I found dates back to 2010 where people received BAD DVDs for one reason of the other. It would be bad enough if we received a DVD that was the wrong cruise but in this case the DVD can not be opened by any device I have - Macbook Pro, Windows laptop, 2 DVD players, 1 TV with a built in DVD player. The 2nd strange part that should be on all of us Cruisers is how long does it take to get a message (or phone call) to the Grand Princess and get a response. That is a concern because tomorrow will be the 4th day. I did receive a response from a cruiser who was fortunate enough to receive a DVD that can be played, however, a cruiser from Ft. Lauderdale, said they received a DVD and they can not play it either. It does not matter which format I set my DVD players to, I get the "Disc Error" disc can not be opened, etc. The laptops just sit and do the spin thing until they time out and then they eject the DVD as not being able to open. I have been in the IT Technology business for many years, and I am a Ham Radio Operator so to take 4 days (or more) to get a signal to one of your own ships and not be able to receive a reply in 4 days (or obviously more) is not acceptable. And again if you Google the problem you will find that this is nothing new to Princess. It is not the $19.99 that has me so disenchanted, but rather the way Princess is handling this problem. BobS 2/24/18

Great question. I am aware bookings are assigned only to my cruise. I only included it so other cruisers would hopefully believe me to be authentic. My cabin doesn't mean anything other than it is a valid number. Actually not much of my problem ghas any effect on anyone else other than my trying to inform they might want to check their DVD before they exit the ship because once they scan your card when disembarking you are in my position. Which is I have DVD that won't play on anything I have tried and Princess doesn't seem to be in any hurry to correct the problem. Remember, before I ever contacted Princess Customer Service I read several cruisers who had DVD problems _ dating back to "2010". My Bruff is if they know it why haven't they fixed it. And as you informed me, the booking number has no actual value, as it were. Note: Lady we met from on the ship got a DVD that can't be opened... Thanks for replying and happy cruising. BobS.