Amex Offer: Spend $500 on New Booking, Get $100 Credit

joepeka

Try clearing history and cookies, or we used Chrome incognito to get it added to both the Platinum and Delta cards.;)

That's not the way to do it (it has nothing to do with history or cookies, and incognito mode doesn't do it). Just open a second normal window and have the offer up and available to add on each card in a separate window. Do not add to any card until all of them are visible like that. Then you can add them to each card.

But it may be easier to just have each card on a separate login, as I just described in the other post.

Will the Amex offer apply if you booked a Princess cruise through a Travel Agent instead of directly through Princess?
It should work, because reputable travel agencies will have the charges for a cruise be made by the cruise lines not their own companies.

Will the Amex offer apply if you booked a Princess cruise through a Travel Agent instead of directly through Princess?

No reason why it should not as long as the TA has the credit card charge go directly to Princess. We have successfully used it in the past with both Carnival and Holland America using a TA.

My TA made payment & I received this email “We appreciate you using your Amex Offer at PRINCESS CRUISES. Look out for a $100.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer term.”

We’ll see what happens.

Tom😎122812_AMEX_service_spacer1.gif

My TA made payment & I received this email “We appreciate you using your Amex Offer at PRINCESS CRUISES. Look out for a $100.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer term.”

We’ll see what happens.

Tom😎122812_AMEX_service_spacer1.gif

I got that notification as well ... 3 days later, the credit was on my statement.

You can now add this offer to your card via this link:

www.americanexpress.com/wlcl

I don't know where you got the link, but thanks so much for posting it. My DH's AMEX had the offer on it a while back and we signed up. I have a Delta AMEX and even after checking it TODAY, never found the offer on it. Using your link and signing in to my card, it appeared and I was able to add it to my card. We'll be able to make some $500 payments now for only $400! Much appreciated!

Joepeka & LovetoCruise & MisterBill99

Thank you to all three of you. Using all of the info I was able to use the offer on 2 of my cards today and will use on the other 2 in next billing period. I wouldn't have been able to get it on my Delta cards without the help.

Joepeka & LovetoCruise & MisterBill99 :D

Adding my thanks!!! Just worked for my Delta Gold AmEx cardand I have been looking (unsuccessfully) for this offer to post for my account for more than a month now!!! Just applied my $500. to existing reservation and have my fingers (and toes) crossed I will have the same happy result as the rest of you! Can't thank LovetoCruise enough for that link I just used!!!!

YES! Just received that AmEx thank you email posted by many here! Wll be checking my AmEx account for the credit!

:D

Interesting when I looked at my A/E account that says “What are pending changes?, Princess Cruises, $500.”

Tom[emoji848]

What is interesting about it? The pending charge is what caused the email you posted earlier to be sent. When it actually posts, they'll issue the $100 credit within 2 or 3 days.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

Interesting when I looked at my A/E account that says “What are pending changes?, Princess Cruises, $500.”

Tom🤔

A pending charge is one that has been submitted to the credit card company, but has not yet been posted to your account. Usually posts within 48 hours. While pending, it still counts against your available credit so you do not make new charges that go above your credit limit.

All charges to all credit cards start out as "pending."

I registered for the offer and tried to use it to buy shipboard credit, no $100 credit.

Not sure what I did wrong. Have used it in the past with success! Oh well will spend the money anyway!

How about calling A/E to see what they say & post what they say here? That could benefit many people.

Tom😎

How about calling A/E to see what they say & post what they say here? That could benefit many people.

Tom[emoji41]

They're going to tell her that it's only valid for reservations and that buying OBC doesn't qualify. Better to see how it posts to the credit card (what merchant) and figure out why it didn't work.

Also, when was the purchase made? Sometimes the email doesn't show up so just basing it on not receiving the email isn't definitive proof of it not working.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I purchased OBC for my upcoming cruise online. Received an email from Amex about 15 min later. My credit came through.

I made partial payment via my TA for a cruise. The AMEX e-mail reached me almost instantly, even before the updated booking confirmation from the TA.

When I logged into my Amex account this morning, I see that the six FCDs I purchased last week on the Regal showed up as three $200 charges. (I bought three FCDs for each of us.) The $100 credit showed up as being from "Princess Cruises Inc. Valencia."

I registered for the offer and tried to use it to buy shipboard credit, no $100 credit.

Not sure what I did wrong. Have used it in the past with success! Oh well will spend the money anyway!

I purchased $500 of OBC on 2/26, received the email immediately and then received the credit yesterday. This is the 2nd successful attempt in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks very much for the link. The offer didn't show up on my Amex offers this time around, but I used the link above, added it to my card, purchased $500 OBC for our upcoming cruise and the $100 credit showed up 2 days later.:'):D

Happy for you! Has not worked for us yet and we used the link to buy $500. OBC for our April sailing. Got "THE email" almost immediately afterward and were so excited. Two days ago our monthly Amex payment was due (really hefty, too...) No credit of $100. was on that statement. Just checked again this morning and we still have no $100. statement credit, so guess we were not some of the lucky ones. Will call today just to find our for sure,

Happy for you! Has not worked for us yet and we used the link to buy $500. OBC for our April sailing. Got "THE email" almost immediately afterward and were so excited. Two days ago our monthly Amex payment was due (really hefty, too...) No credit of $100. was on that statement. Just checked again this morning and we still have no $100. statement credit, so guess we were not some of the lucky ones. Will call today just to find our for sure,

Just finshed chatting online with an AmEx rep. I attached the email I received confirming my use of the offer. At first no record could be found, but when I showed that email I received they told me the credit would appear on my statement in 2-3 days! Yea! I will respond back when I really see that credit.