REVIEW: Fabulous Japan on Celebrity Millennium - October 2017

Miaminice

JAPAN ON CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM

Finally we can present you the first part of our travelogue about our cruise to Japan, South Korea and China.

It certainly ranks among the top three of our cruises. Ultramodern cities, 1000 year old temples - what a mix...

Sit back, relax, click on the link and travel to beautiful Japan with us:

http://travellove.one/Our-Trips/Celebrity-Millennium-Japan/celebrity-millennium-japan.html

001-Japan-Stripe-2.jpg

Wow, your photos are fantastic! I have visited Japan twice, on cruise ships, and recognise lots of the places you visited. But my photos are dull in comparison to yours. You have really caught the essence of Japan. Lovely, thank you for posting.

Libby

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your wonderful post. Each of your Blogs get better and better, if that is possible.

Was wondering when you booked with triplelights for the tours that had a mini-bus, did you book the vehicle separately from the guide or was the guide able to arrange. Many of the locations I looked at offer the Bus or Car with non-English speaking driver.

Wow! This is fantastic! Thank you so much for this timely post and your blog. Let alone the pictures! We are now excited about our choice. We have a courtesy hold on a sailing but we were a little hesitant. Not anymore! Thank you.

Thanks for your wonderful post. Each of your Blogs get better and better, if that is possible.

Was wondering when you booked with triplelights for the tours that had a mini-bus, did you book the vehicle separately from the guide or was the guide able to arrange. Many of the locations I looked at offer the Bus or Car with non-English speaking driver.

Thanks!

Kochi from Triplelights had originally planned to use his private car. Not long before the cruise there was a change in regulations prohibiting tour guides to use their own car. So he rented a car and did not ask us to pay for it.

The tour to Kyoto was organized by our friend Kate. However, as much as I know "Tours by Locals" guide Ken took care of making arrangements for the car. We paid that part at the end of the tour in cash. So it was all pretty convenient and easy.

Just saw your beautiful photos Was your cabin on the starboard side? We are doing the September crossing and booked portside cabin as we were told we would get more sun

ONTARIO CRUISER

Thank you!

Yes, our stateroom (8038) was on the starboard side. However, I could not even tell you which side got more sun - really can´t remember noticing any difference. Plus, this cruise was so port intensive, we haven´t really spent much time in our stateroom.

Thanks so much for your review and fabulous pictures. We leave for Shanghai on 28 March and embark on Millie on 1 April for China, Korea and Japan cruise. Your pictures are really making more excited. 😊😃

Thank you!

Then we will leave the Millie the day you embark.

Doing the cruise 03/18 :D:D

Thank you!

Then we will leave the Millie the day you embark.

Doing the cruise 03/18 :D:D

Oliver, Too bad we won’t have a chance meet. You are an amazing photographer. I love taking pictures but mine don’t hold a candle to yours. Enjoy your cruise. I was a bit worried about the old girl, and also traveling in Asia, as it is our first time for both, but your blog and many other pictures I’m seeing put my mind at ease. Thanks again and Happy sailing. Laura

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are so glad be put Japan on people´s bucket lists - and we are very sure it will not disappoint!

It is an increadable country. Very clean and safe and full of culture and warm hearted friendliness.

We liked it so much that we booked another cruise to Japan for April 2019 - Cherry Blossom time.

Unfortunately Celebrity does not offer an itinerary much different to the one we just did. So - although still being very satisfied with Celebrity - we booked with HAL who offer a cruise with different ports.