Amex Offer: Spend $500 on New Booking, Get $100 Credit

joepeka

I noticed this offer on one of my Amex cards over the weekend and didn't see any mention of it on this board: book a cruise with one of five of the Carnival Corp. lines (including Princess) and get a $100 statement credit for a $500 or more spend:

http://www.wlcl.com/amex

It has to be offered to you on your Amex card and you then have to add it to your Amex card account to use it. Valid until 4/14/2017.

I noticed this yesterday and applied $500 towards the balance of an upcoming cruise. In the past, this has worked like a charm. I love saving money on my travel.

So you were able to get the $100 credit for payment on a cruise booked prior to 10/14? That's great if so, it's just interesting because it seems contrary to the offer terms. Good for you!;)

Would it work on a Delta American Express Card?

You would need to login to your account on the Amex web site and look to see if that offer has been made available to that particular card. Someone mentioned on another forum that it seems like co-branded Amex cards aren't getting these types of offers but you need to login to see for sure.

So you were able to get the $100 credit for payment on a cruise booked prior to 10/14? That's great if so, it's just interesting because it seems contrary to the offer terms. Good for you!;)

The charge was just posted and the statement credit has been applied.

Cannot remember the exact terms of the offer now but have always used it to for cruises previously booked. I thought it applied to spending on Princess.com or through the travel agency that in turn applied the payment to Princess. Since I book my cruises so far in advance, I sometimes have been able to use a second offer on the same cruise.

I love these offers!

For those that don't see the offers under their account, try using your Amex card for payment for the cruiselines. I know the cards selected to receive the offers are random..... but I called once and was told that it was given to people with a history of spend on various cruiselines. True?? Not sure but ever since I took that advice, I have been receiving these offers.

The charge was just posted and the statement credit has been applied.

Cannot remember the exact terms of the offer now but have always used it to for cruises previously booked. I thought it applied to spending on Princess.com or through the travel agency that in turn applied the payment to Princess. Since I book my cruises so far in advance, I sometimes have been able to use a second offer on the same cruise.

I love these offers!

For those that don't see the offers under their account, try using your Amex card for payment for the cruiselines. I know the cards selected to receive the offers are random..... but I called once and was told that it was given to people with a history of spend on various cruiselines. True?? Not sure but ever since I took that advice, I have been receiving these offers.

Thank you for that info. There are a few people on other forums wondering if it would work for bookings prior to 10/14 and apparently it does. :)

Thank you for that info. There are a few people on other forums wondering if it would work for bookings prior to 10/14 and apparently it does. :)

Actually, for RCCL, an offer came out after my final payment was made. I purchased the said amount for onboard credit and also got my statement credit. And ... I did use the onboard credit so don't think I was pulling a fast one. RCCL got their money and Amex gave me the statement credit. Yoohoo!!

Amex had a similar offer a few months ago, $100 statement credit on $500 for Princess or Holland America. I checked and my card had the offer so called Princess and had $500 put on a February cruise balance. I told friends who had an upcoming HAL cruise and they did the same thing. But, the offer does not apply to all cards, so check.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Used this offer on Monday for a Princess cruise I had already booked for next year. I applied an additional $500 payment and the transaction and the $100.00 credit were on my card this morning...FREE MONEY, I love it!:):)

BILL

hollon;51347737]Would it work on a Delta American Express Card?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Called today enrolled for $100 credit - all's good for Amex card. Per rep - Delta Amex card does not qualify.

Just checked and I have this offer, got the same one a few months ago. Will call Princess and put another $500 on our February cruise, at this rate it will be paid off before final is due !

Like prior poster said ❤️️ free money!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Ok so I got the offer and added it to the card. So my situation is this...I just made final payment on a December cruise so I think i missed the boat on that. I have another cruise booked with a TA made prior to 10/14 so should I ask if they will try to put a payment towards it? I guess the key to this is the 10/14 date? TIA

Ok so I got the offer and added it to the card. So my situation is this...I just made final payment on a December cruise so I think i missed the boat on that. I have another cruise booked with a TA made prior to 10/14 so should I ask if they will try to put a payment towards it? I guess the key to this is the 10/14 date? TIA

A number of people have reported success in getting the $100 statement credit on a $500 (or more) payment on an existing booking (booked prior to 10/14). I would give it a try, I'm betting it will work for you too.

Edited by joepeka

I am considering canceling and rebooking a cruise for next Nov., normally I wouldn't because that's a lot of trouble for $100

HOWEVER I looked on "the big box warehouse" website and it seems if I would book thru them ,I would receive a $215 OBC and a $60 OBC....so for a net gain of

(215+60+amex100-minus$55 big box membership) $330.....it totally seems worth the effort

MY QUESTION??? Is "bigbox" cancellation policy the same as princess????

Edited by newcruzer2

I am considering canceling and rebooking a cruise for next Nov., normally I wouldn't because that's a lot of trouble for $100

HOWEVER I looked on "the big box warehouse" website and it seems if I would book thru them ,I would receive a $215 OBC and a $60 OBC....so for a net gain of

(215+60+amex100-minus$55 big box membership) $330.....it totally seems worth the effort

MY QUESTION??? Is "bigbox" cancellation policy the same as princess????

Best to simply call them and ask about their cancellation policy. Never wise to discuss details of a TA here on CC.