Has anyone heard of this?

BellaBaci4

Hi All,

I tried to book back to back cruises for January 2019 today from NYC. I was looking at the sailaway rate because as a non drinker, I don't feel there is value in the perks for me. I was told, you cannot book back to back with the sailaway rate. Has anyone heard this before?

Well, yes, I did want the same cabin, that is what I was unable to do. I did this same cruise this past January, and I paid 50% less than this year's quote. I was still willing to book, but wanted the same cabin for back to back.

Frankly, I am extremely annoyed with NCL. This was not a bargain, but why take away the convenience for me of letting me have the same cabin.

It was when I requested the same cabin, I was told new rule, you cannot choose sailaway pricing for back to back cruises. As a matter of principle, I want the same cabin, they act as if they are giving it away, and clearly, that is not the case. I have been loyal to NCL, now I am looking elsewhere for my back to back.

Would like to hear opinions on this

It was when I requested the same cabin, I was told new rule, you cannot choose sailaway pricing for back to back cruises. As a matter of principle, I want the same cabin, they act as if they are giving it away, and clearly, that is not the case. I have been loyal to NCL, now I am looking elsewhere for my back to back.

Would like to hear opinions on this

That’s why sailaways are cheap- you get whatever cabin no one else wants. The system literally picks your cabin for you- for each cruise- so essentially you would be picking your cabin on the second cruise- which is not possible on a sail away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s why sailaways are cheap- you get whatever cabin no one else wants. The system literally picks your cabin for you- for each cruise- so essentially you would be picking your cabin on the second cruise- which is not possible on a sail away.

I guess OP could guarantee that they got the same cabin (if it's available) by paying the higher category price on the second leg. If NCL guaranteed it to you at the sailaway rate, they would be discounting it and losing revenue from someone who was willing to pay a higher price to guarantee that specific cabin. A cabin that gets assigned at a sailaway on one cruise my be someone's favorite cabin on the next.

NCL has two main rates these days. 1. A premium rate where you pick your cabin and get perks, and 2. A discount rate for a guarantee cabin that comes with no perks. They do sometimes offer a guarantee cabin with perks, but I’ve not heard of them offering a pick your cabin rate without perks.

I’m a little confused by your situation. Are they allowing you to pick your cabin on the first leg with the sail away rate? Or are you fine with not picking a cabin and simply want the same cabin for two legs? If it’s the second one, then yes, it makes sense that they would say no. You are trying to book a guarantee rate AND pick your cabin. I’ve not even seen them offer a rate where you pick your cabin without perks which is what you seem to be looking for. while I’m not against the perks, I’m not willing to take a guarantee cabin so we went up getting perks since I’m willing to pay for the ability to pick my cabin. You may have to switch lines if you find Norwegian’s non-guarantee prices too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think any line offers guaranty rates where you pick your cabin. Maybe after they assign you a cabin, you can change within the same catagory, but that's a chance you take with a guaranty. To me, it's worth the extra money to pick my cabin.

As a matter of principle, I want the same cabin,
I'm not certain why this is so difficult a concept to comprehend for you. You cannot select your cabin under Sailaway, whether it is B2B or stand-alone.

What so hard about switching cabins?

We have done it a few time with Zero problems.

Our steward moved everything and gave us an intro to our new guy. :cool:

You agree to take the worst cabin On the ship for a cheap price.

Do you Want the worst one Twice in a row??:evilsmile:

Hi All,

I tried to book back to back cruises for January 2019 today from NYC. I was looking at the sailaway rate because as a non drinker, I don't feel there is value in the perks for me. I was told, you cannot book back to back with the sailaway rate. Has anyone heard this before?

What was it then???

Just to clarify, it is a sailaway rate, but I could choose my cabin. Possibly, because it is a year in advance.I would totally understand if it was a guarantee, it was NOT.

Really? They let you pick your cabin with a Sailaway rate? I'm very surprised! That's actually pretty cool!

Just to clarify, it is a sailaway rate, but I could choose my cabin. Possibly, because it is a year in advance.I would totally understand if it was a guarantee, it was NOT.

Well, in that case. Agree with the post suggesting you simply book the cruises separately and pick the same cabin for each. How can they stop you from doing that? Maybe enlisting a TA would help if norwegian gives you a hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, yes, I did want the same cabin, that is what I was unable to do. I did this same cruise this past January, and I paid 50% less than this year's quote. I was still willing to book, but wanted the same cabin for back to back.

Frankly, I am extremely annoyed with NCL. This was not a bargain, but why take away the convenience for me of letting me have the same cabin.

Sailaway rate is a guarantee cabin. You take your chances on where you get assigned for each cruise. By wanting the same cabin you are in effect selecting a rate other than sailaway and I have never heard of any line that will do that.

Just open 2 NCL pages, find a cabin that is on both cruises, under sail away, and just book them both. Simple solution. That is IF the rate and the option to select your cabin is available on both? Have you already determined that?

Higher priced, this is the policy now, with all lines, rates go up, or maybe you really thought they might stay the same. I too would be shocked if the rate went up that much. Yet I understand.As for no back to back on that sailing, are you positive the cabin is available both weeks?