Caribou Crossing or Tagish Lake Kennel for sled dogs??

svcalum07

Hello!

We're taking an Alaskan cruise this June and was wondering which location is preferred for sled dogs..Caribou Crossing or Tagish Lake Kennel?

We will be renting Jeeps and touring the Klondike on our own (no tour bus or train excursion.)

For this who did Caribou Crossing..what is the lunch that is included for the additional cost? It mentioned BBQ but wasn't specific.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hello!

We're taking an Alaskan cruise this June and was wondering which location is preferred for sled dogs..Caribou Crossing or Tagish Lake Kennel?

We will be renting Jeeps and touring the Klondike on our own (no tour bus or train excursion.)

For this who did Caribou Crossing..what is the lunch that is included for the additional cost? It mentioned BBQ but wasn't specific.

Thanks![/quo

Caribou Crossing is basically a tourist place, that being said, I have been twice and enjoyed it both times. Food is very basic (I think chicken both times) They have a small museum and they do have a place where you can pet the dogs! (puppies) This last time the royal Canadian Mounties were there. last trip was end of September, it was cold- but tons of puppies. Loved it.

We've visited Caribou Crossing twice, the menu both times was 1/4 serving of chicken (dark meat) cooked over a BBQ pit served with 1/2 of a large size potato, cole slaw, dinner roll, coffee, tea or water. Beer and sodas for purchase from a bar area inside. Dessert is unlimited mini doughnuts rolled in cinnamon sugar.

Dog sledding: there are adult dogs on site in a fenced in area, fresh teams are hooked up to a sled and they follow a dirt path on the property. They do charge for this ride. We did not participate, just watched and folks seemed to enjoy the ride. Puppies have their own fenced area and you are allowed to walk into this area and hold them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have gone on the excursion to Caribou Crossing. The lunch was good, chicken as others have said. Plenty to eat and fun to sit and meet others on the excursion. The museum was interesting too. I and my daughter went on the cart ride with the sled dogs hooked up. They are very strong and impressive. We too, went in June, we did not have snow but the ride was still fun. You will be in a metal cart with tires. My advice is go, you will enjoy it.