Sun Princess might be running late in to Sydney!

Now imagine what it’s costing Princess.

2400 @ $50 ea = $120,000

Same at one nights fare let’s say ave $200 = $480,000

Then berth they paid for at OPT Wasted

Cost of redirecting provisions

Plus all those onboard on the cruise that’s delayed...

2400 @ $50 ea = $120,000

Carnival Corporation has plenty, don't worry.:hearteyes:

Personally I don't think the pax affected.... those on board and those due to embark have any right of compo, sea conditions forced the delay. Insurance company job I reckon. Looking at Marine weather on BOM, looks to be about 6 to 8 metre seas around Sun Princess position, not too bad, she should handle that ok.

Edited by NSWP

Taxi $40, $50 each you’re in front. Get the ferry you are way in front.

Please read my original message I was not complaining I was wondering for those who are not local if they could find an hotel at the last minute for $100

Carnival Corporation has plenty, don't worry.:hearteyes:

Personally I don't think the pax affected.... those on board and those due to embark have any right of compo, sea conditions forced the delay. Insurance company job I reckon. Looking at Marine weather on BOM, looks to be about 6 to 8 metre seas around Sun Princess position, not too bad, she should handle that ok.

Totally agree Les.

Please read my original message I was not complaining I was wondering for those who are not local if they could find an hotel at the last minute for $100

$100 plus one nights cruise cost each so close to $500 all up.

And as others have said “Insurance”.

$100 plus one nights cruise cost each so close to $500 all up.

And as others have said “Insurance”.

Inside cabin and getting NET cruise 15% hnot ports or taxes nothing like $50 BUT AGAIN I was NOT complaining just speaking for out of area people who WILL find it difficult

Inside cabin and getting NET cruise 15% hnot ports or taxes nothing like $50 BUT AGAIN I was NOT complaining just speaking for out of area people who WILL find it difficult

will you be staying on this cruise past Auckland or getting off as i'll be joining in Auckland to Sydney

will you be staying on this cruise past Auckland or getting off as i'll be joining in Auckland to Sydney

We are doing the 12 days (now) Sydney to Sydney and I see they have cut most of the days in port shorter by about 2 hours even after losing Akaroa so perhaps they do not want to have the same thing happen again or they cannot go as fast as they would like See you on board perhaps

We are doing the 12 days (now) Sydney to Sydney and I see they have cut most of the days in port shorter by about 2 hours even after losing Akaroa so perhaps they do not want to have the same thing happen again or they cannot go as fast as they would like See you on board perhaps

not good but they have to make up time and we are only at the Bay of Island from 8am to 3pm

if you want to catch up for a chat i'm getting on in Auckland and i'm in A709

Bay of Islands has been one of my favourite places to cruise into! Along with Isle of Pine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct-2016 Pride of America 7nt Hawaiian Islands Cruise

24-Dec-2015 Explorer Of The Seas13nt South Pacific - New Zealand Cruise

22-Jan-2015 Voyager Of The Seas3 Night Sampler Cruise

10-Jan-2014 Voyager Of The Seas3 Night Sampler Cruise

03-Feb-2012 Rhapsody Of The Seas 3 Night Sampler Cruise

We have lost a day and now embark at white bay which adds $40 to our costs for a taxi

We have been offered $50pp to poffset any expenses (what about those who come from far away) they cannot get a hotel room and meals for that price and 15% of the NET cost of this cruise off another taken before end 2018 also refund 1 day costs

Some people will not find tjat enough if they have travelled

As with most of these offers, it will be a generous off for some, okay for most and not enough for others. Personally, I would be satisfied, although if I was out of pocket, I would certainly be asking them to review my case on an individual basis.

2400 @ $50 ea = $120,000

So passengers might be covered by travel insurance. If they can claim, how do insurers view the OBC issued by the line? Is it not possible that emergency accom is covered and cruiser is in fact doing OK?

Would the cruise lines insure against this to cover costs or carry the risk of bad weather themselves?

So passengers might be covered by travel insurance. If they can claim, how do insurers view the OBC issued by the line? Is it not possible that emergency accom is covered and cruiser is in fact doing OK?

Would the cruise lines insure against this to cover costs or carry the risk of bad weather themselves?

I am sure they would have some sort of insurance covering them.

I just got off the Eden and can confirm the high amount of sea sickness. 3 days straight of up to 9 metre swells - it was quite the experience. Fortunately I don't get sea sick but boy was it rough. The Captain made the call to cancel Fraser Island, which while disappointing, was the right thing to do. The crew did their utmost best in which was the most trying cruise I've ever had.

I just feel sorry for the first time cruisers as it would have soured cruising for most of them.

Happy to answer any questions you have about the voyage.

I just got off the Eden and can confirm the high amount of sea sickness. 3 days straight of up to 9 metre swells - it was quite the experience. Fortunately I don't get sea sick but boy was it rough. The Captain made the call to cancel Fraser Island, which while disappointing, was the right thing to do. The crew did their utmost best in which was the most trying cruise I've ever had.

I just feel sorry for the first time cruisers as it would have soured cruising for most of them.

Happy to answer any questions you have about the voyage.

Wow, thought they may have tried to take shelter from the swells by using the islands at least. I suppose they still had to head south eventually.

I was talking about a Princess themselves.

OK. I took your comment a different way. After the Costa Concordia incident, I think I read that Carnival Corporation & plc has the ships' hulls insured, but otherwise they self-insure. With the size of their fleet, that makes sense.