Ok ..1 month to go give the odds on a getting to the glacier( Tracy Arm Fjord)

Jimbo

We are in Juneau on June 1st, just 30 short days away..............So just how bad has the winter been there this past year (lot of ice?)...............Will we or won't we get close(small boat) to thre glacier. Be honest now I can take it good or bad?

Jimbo:)

Which small boat are you on?

With the ship's tour, if they go to Endicott Arm, your small boat will go there also.

If it is with AdventureBound, I think your odds are pretty good, especially after June 1. But this is purely a guess.

You can call who you booked with and see what their experience has been.

Adventure Bound ..Date is June 1st

You have a better chance then. I would email Winona in 2-3 weeks ask what conditions are like. Obviously it can change from day to day. I think May is the tricky time.

As one who has gone to Endicott Arm with Adventure Bound (mid-May sailing) - I can tell you that I had an amazing time. They made sure we timed it correctly so we hit Fords Terror and we got really close to Dawes glacier. While not Tracy Arm, they made the trip pretty amazing.

Adventure Bound ..Date is June 1st

I'm with Adventure Bound May 16, I think it's their first trip of the year. However far we get in it will be spectacular, I've sailed with them a 1/2 dozen times before.

I'm with Adventure Bound May 16, I think it's their first trip of the year. However far we get in it will be spectacular, I've sailed with them a 1/2 dozen times before.

Doug please when you get back let us know how the Tracy Fjord tour went. I'm going in June 13 so excited for this tour

Are the seas rough heading to Tracy Arm Fjord usually? Lots of people sea sick? Adventure Bound boats?

I have never seen anyone sick but of course, there is potential there. The boat goes fast going and coming back. If you are prone to being motion sickness, take precautions with you. I would bring a book or iPod to listen to while going and coming back.

Are the seas rough heading to Tracy Arm Fjord usually? Lots of people sea sick? Adventure Bound boats?

It isn't open ocean, but you are on water. Potential is always there for some people. In my experience, it certainly doesn't have the potential of a Kenai Fjords boat tour. :)