Resort for a day passes - sold out?

sjmbruce

The date I'd like to use a "resort for a day" pass is sold out. Has anyone ever had any luck getting a pass after a cancellation or something? Just trying to figure out if I should give up and forget about it or if I should check the website twice a day :D

My husband and I will be in Puerto Rico for a few days before our Saturday, March 31st cruise on Royal's Adventure of the Seas. We'll be at a hotel in OSJ. My family is staying at the Marriott Stellaris on Friday. We were hoping to get a day pass there the day before our cruise so we could spend more time with my family. I know nobody can say for certain what will happen, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience buying a pass after a sold out status.

My husband and I will be in Puerto Rico for a few days before our Saturday, March 31st cruise on Royal's Adventure of the Seas. We'll be at a hotel in OSJ. My family is staying at the Marriott Stellaris on Friday. We were hoping to get a day pass there the day before our cruise so we could spend more time with my family. I know nobody can say for certain what will happen, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience buying a pass after a sold out status.

My suggestion would be to forget the website and waiting to resolve this on line - I would call the resort and speak to the reservation rep there and explain what you are trying to do. Dealing with a live person is still IMO the best way to communicate and determine options for any issue.

It would seem to me that if your family are guests there this would be easy to arrange, regardless of what the website is showing. Those passes are probably for non-guests and since your family are guests, passes for you may not even be necessary. But call to find out and make arrangements - then you will know for sure.

CC is a great resource for a lot of different information, but hoping to hear from someone who has experience with a situation as specific as yours may hard to find. Call the resort.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Often hotels in resort/ beach areas, limit the number of visitors they permit on their beach, at their pools on a given day. They have to save seats, , umbrellas, tables etc for the guests staying in their hotel. It would be intolerable for hotel guests to be unable to get a lounge chair at the pool because of too many day passes. BEST would be for you (OP) to see if they have any rooms availab le and book to stay there with your family instead of miles away in OSJ. That w ay you know yo can spend the da y at the pool/ beach with them.

When we stayed at luxury resorts in SJ, they always checked carefully when we went to the pool and or beach to be certain we were guests in the hotel.

Edited by sail7seas

Sometimes resorts don’t sell day passes during peak times, maybe call?

Good idea, could be that the people on the phone might have an idea about the likelihood of cancellations, msybe even a wait list.

The date I'd like to use a "resort for a day" pass is sold out. Has anyone ever had any luck getting a pass after a cancellation or something? Just trying to figure out if I should give up and forget about it or if I should check the website twice a day :D

Have you gottten any news in this regard ?

If you have family staying at the hotel where you want a pass, can't you simply join them as their "guests"? I'd look into that! Or...book a room at the same place! Or, have them join YOU....lots of ways to get together.

I wish OP would return here and give us an update. :)

Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions! The hotel is out of our price range so we won't be joining my family and they aren't going to leave their nice hotel to join us, leading to the day pass idea.

When I talked to the hotel, it sounds like they don't deal with the passes at all and couldn't give me an answer. I'm going to have my parents call and ask about us being their guests at the pool after dinner.

If all else fails, it sounds like the beach in front of their hotel is public so that would be an option. And I'll continue to check the day pass website everyday :)

The beaches are public, however, the hotels check that the persons passing on their property to get to the beach are hotel guests. We saw them turn back people who were not hotel guests. They checked each person.

Why would you be going to the beach in the dark, after dinner? :confused:

• 4 weeks later...