Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:00 PM.
Perth
52 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
I think the brewed coffee is terrible. Buy one card and take your own coffee with a French Press. Put your own coffee in the press and ask the staff to fill with boiling water and give you an extra cup. Works for me !!

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Las Vegas, Nv
155 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Originally posted by roxievegas
our first princess cruise is coming up and considering getting one coffee card. confused with the wording of "unlimited brewed coffee". My husband likes brewed and I like latte's. If he goes to get me a latte, can he get himself a brewed coffee at the same time, and is he just charged (or one punch) for the latte.

we are on a 28 day cruise, and would prefer not to have daily charges for one or two coffees a day on our acct - we are not getting a drink package.

if hubby goes to get a coffee for himself, gets a brewed, do they punch the card ?

thank you for any explaination

I just got off the Star. Almost every time I ordered a brewed coffee and hot chocolate they gave me both without punching my card. The only time they punched my card is when I ordered a specialty drink.

I asked them if I can use the card on another cruise and they said yes for the specialty coffees only. The unlimited brewed coffee would not be good. I would have to buy another card for that. Honestly I didn’t think the brewed coffee was that great.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

Holland America
Royal Caribbean
Carnival
NCL
South Carolina
1,493 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Originally posted by Hlitner
Lets clarify something. There is free coffee/tea available in the lido buffet area (24 hours a day) which is completely free. The coffee card is only for use at the International Cafe and Amuleto Cafe. ......
Hank
Nope. Those are NOT the only places to use the card. I have used my card for specialty coffee in the main dining room far more often than IC. Only some ships have "Amuleto Cafe. I have also used it for gelato on Royal and Regal.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rachel & Jim
Pacific Princess - August 2019 - UK
Sapphire Princess - May 2019 - Baltic
Emerald Princess - July, 2018 - Alaska
Caribbean Princess - March 2018 - Southern Caribbean
MSC Seaside, January 2018 - Eastern Caribbean
Coral Princess - 15 days San Francisco to Ft. Lauderdale Panama Canal Oct 27, 2017
Celebrity Equinox - 11 days Caribbean and New Orleans Mardi Gras- February 20, 2017
Caribbean Princess - 11 Days New England and Canada - Sept 22, 2016
Navigator of the Seas
- 8 Days Caribbean April 16, 2016
Royal Princess -
10 days Caribbean - January 29, 2016
Oasis of the Seas -
7 Days Caribbean - October 31, 2015
Ocean Princess - 8 days United Kingdom - August 9, 2015
Caribbean Princess - 9 days (B2B) Caribbean - March 26, 2015
Ocean Princess - Caribbean 2-week Christmas and New Years - December 19, 2014
Regal Princess - Grand Mediterranean - August 30, 2014
Emerald Princess - Caribbean - January 28, 2014
Ruby Princess - Caribbean - January 23, 2014
Royal Princess - Inaugural Caribbean - October 29, 2013
Island Princess - Panama Canal - February 26, 2013
Celebrity Reflection - Caribbean - January 5, 2013
Coral Princess - ALASKA 15 day land/sea/land - July, 2012
Carnival Dream - Mexico, Belize, Honduras - December 24, 2011
Sapphire Princess - Hawaii (14 days)- November 26, 2011 -b2b-
Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera - November 19, 2011
Grand Princess - Southern Caribbean - January 2011 (14 days)
Enchantment of the Seas - Bermuda - May, 2010
Coral Princess - Alaska - August, 2009
Island Princess - Panama Canal - February, 2009
Caribbean Princess -Southern Caribbean - February, 2008
Carnival Victory -Bahamas - May, 2007
Grandeur of the Seas -Cozumel - February, 2006
Star Princess -Eastern Caribbean - April, 2005
Carnival Victory -Bahamas - May, 2004
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
7,606 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by UpcountryTravelers
Nope. Those are NOT the only places to use the card. I have used my card for specialty coffee in the main dining room far more often than IC. Only some ships have "Amuleto Cafe. I have also used it for gelato on Royal and Regal.
The use of a coffee card for gelato has been stopped. You now have to purchase it with your cruise card.
Times are changing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 645/72/826/90
Ontario, Canada
1,854 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by vegasgal47
I just got off the Star. Almost every time I ordered a brewed coffee and hot chocolate they gave me both without punching my card. The only time they punched my card is when I ordered a specialty drink.

I asked them if I can use the card on another cruise and they said yes for the specialty coffees only. The unlimited brewed coffee would not be good. I would have to buy another card for that. Honestly I didn’t think the brewed coffee was that great.

Just off the Royal and some staff serving you at the IC will tell you your card is good for specialty coffees on future cruises but fail to realize that in fine print on the back of your coffee card there is an expiry date of Dec 31/18. Went to the front desk and they confirmed the expiry date. You need to use all 15 punches in 2018 or you lose them. Many people on our cruise did not realize this.
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
7,606 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by D&N LUV 2 TRAVEL
Just off the Royal and some staff serving you at the IC will tell you your card is good for specialty coffees on future cruises but fail to realize that in fine print on the back of your coffee card there is an expiry date of Dec 31/18. Went to the front desk and they confirmed the expiry date. You need to use all 15 punches in 2018 or you lose them. Many people on our cruise did not realize this.
I noticed the same thing. Possibly they just didn't want to get into the details of explaining that the cards do terminate at a point in time or
perhaps they just wanted to get the sale over with & get to the next passenger since their getting an incentive for each sale.
Either way they just didn't mention anything about the expiration date.
I consider this unfair to the purchaser not knowing that small but important detail.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 645/72/826/90
Florida
18 Posts
Joined May 2010
Do they have hot chocolate mix in the buffet? I am not a real coffee drinker, but like to use the hot chocolate mix to blend with the hot coffee and make my own mochas.
Southern California
128 Posts
Joined Feb 2018
Last year on the Star we purchased 4 coffee cards but only used up 2 of them.
So we have 2 brand new cards, no punches, no markings, no expiration date.
Anyone interested in them, email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Fred
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
7,606 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by Mimi0810
Do they have hot chocolate mix in the buffet? I am not a real coffee drinker, but like to use the hot chocolate mix to blend with the hot coffee and make my own mochas.
On the Regal & Royal they have free hot chocolate at the buffet & at the IC also free but you have to have a current coffee card.
I did notice that the hot chocolate machines were cleaned out late at night.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 645/72/826/90
Southern California
128 Posts
Joined Feb 2018
Originally posted by 558
Last year on the Star we purchased 4 coffee cards but only used up 2 of them.
So we have 2 brand new cards, no punches, no markings, no expiration date.
Anyone interested in them, email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Fred
Just an update, only 1 coffee card available now.

Thanks,
Fred