BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:58 AM.
280 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
what most surprises me is that any flight changes when I book ezair,. I receive an email. Just got one for a cruise in Oct. of this year that my flight home in Nov. got changed by ten minutes. hmmm
26,625 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
[quote=Lucky TGO;55508082]
Originally posted by whatcruiseisnext
When we book EZ air with Princess there is ALWAYS a notice that comes up that tells us that we are responsible for checking the airlines website.

This is one of the reasons I don’t use EZ air. I don’t have the time to be checking airline websites all the time.
Tony
This is my first time and the savings is $$$$. It is an international flight.

I have been notified of one change through my TA. It didn't show up at first on the Princess site until I hit "change or modify" and then it showed up. Bizarre.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email Me
USA
975 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Booking through EZAir usually provides the lowest fares compared to airline websites. However, EZAir does not provide seat selection which can only be accomplished through the airline using the six-character reservation code. One should always check both EZAir and the airline periodically for updates/changes, and provide the airline with your contact information for changes. Interestingly, for an upcoming R/T flight to Australia from the US received three different reservation codes over a period of several weeks... The second one works with both EZAir and the airline! Always check.
26,625 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by Globehoppers
Booking through EZAir usually provides the lowest fares compared to airline websites. However, EZAir does not provide seat selection which can only be accomplished through the airline using the six-character reservation code.
I am flying United to Europe and I can select my seats. I have even gone into United's website and they are blocked off.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email Me
14,589 Posts
Joined May 2005
Being one who has used EZair 3 times on international flights last year and having one booked for Alaska this year.....and yes, all had changes made by EZair and a few by me, except....a nonstop LAX to LHR...which was one awesome flexible fare.

Oh, I forgot the one to AUS...but no worries cause that is not until Sept 2018....and I have already changed it twice.

FLEXIBILTY IS THE NAME OF THE GAME, for me when booking with EZair..and with that comes the reality of flights changing....the same thing happens when you book far out with any non refundable flights, especially when booking ecomnomy. Because often airlines change flight schedules and times as the dates move closer.

Having 3 single children that have lived all over the world, states the last 8 years, and who use mom as the go to for booking air flights...believe me I really have had to stay on top of airlines...and of course want to save as much on flights as possible and use miles..EZair when introduced became a blessing to me....simply became of this flexibility.

Will continue on another thread......

14,589 Posts
Joined May 2005
Originally posted by Worldtraveler 4727

Two items of note here:
#1 I’m not sure what would have happened if I had not had the “feeling” to plug my reservation into the Delta website. The problem likely would have come to light at final payment, and then I’m sure it would have been much more difficult to find flights similar to the ones I had booked last fall

#2 When I asked what I could/should do to avoid something like this happening again, she said it seemed to her to be quite a fluke, but to be certain of your flights —since the airlines can and do change/cancel flights all the time—occasionally checking your reservation on the airlines’ website is good advice.

Finally, If Princess is indeed reading these boards—kudos to Ophelia, the Princess rep who worked so very hard for me to resolve this issue. Thank you Princess and Ophelia!
And you said it yourself, if you might have not been monitoring,what would have happened?..... it could have resolved itself....and you would have never been the wiser.

Since, I am assuming you have not paid for the flight..it still has the possibility to change and even if you have paid, it still does....flights are moving targets................. best laid plans often get changed, we all know that, it is part of travel...just sayin'

With flying things seem to all work out......no, I am not naive.....I flew almost 2 times a month last year, all pleasure...all economy or economy+ on probably 10 different airlines......

My main concern is to arrive at my destination and get home safely...sometimes we can micromanage our trips to much.

EZair...gives us a price and flexibility 45 days out...booking direct with an airline gives us a price and no flexibility, except using a $200. dollar change fee per ticket on most lines......

I could tell you many stories, and I am sure many other frequent travelers could too.... about assurances from both cruise lines, independent tour companies and airlines...after you have spend many hours with them correcting a wrong, only to show up at the cruise terminal or check in desk at the airlines......and have all hell break loose again......but it all seems to work out....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
L RI
2018 cruises completed Alaska Ruby..... May. Pacific Coastal Ruby...Mar.-Apr.
2017 cruises completed MR Emerald... Nov.-Dec. Scandinavian. Crown... Aug-Sept.... South East Asia...Majestic..June-July... Caribbean...Anthem..Mar.- April ...South America... Crown.. Jan.-Feb
Still favor land trips best, but as I log more sea and river days on ships and hours on CC , I might become a "Cruise Lover" sooner than I think or am I already?
1983 1ST Ocean Liner Cruise Caribbean, Carnivale
2006 River Cruise China, Viking Century
My avatar is of a Marine Iguana the most amazing reptile ever, indigenous to the Galapagos......swam with his friends in the Galapagos islands, while traveling on X's Xpedition in 2009 & 2010.....take time to enjoy experiences with nature and it's underwater wonders.

14,589 Posts
Joined May 2005
Oops..I did it again.....just read my first post, meant to say will continue on another post, rather than thread and excuse all my other errors...typing to fast should proof and pay attention to red lines....before posting.....

Also when I mentioned about EZair being a blessing, it was for me with my cruises, ..not kids flights.....
3,012 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
It’s definitely wise to cover your bases by checking the airline site and Princess frequently. What I’ve noticed is that the airline will display an alert right away, and Princess will take a day or 2 to display it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising through life one ship at a time
west palm beach fl
2,041 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
We have flights booked on EZAir for FLL-LHR, the times have been changed a little a couple times and one flight was redone to another airline due to times constraints. we are almost at final payment and I have noticed the last leg of our return flight has moved to a shorter layover which includes clearing customs and security. I may have to call them since I haven't heard anything yet. Every other change we were notified by Delta first and then Princess.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandi and George
2018-Royal Princess-06/06/18-British Isles with Liverpool
2018-Carnival Glory-01/27/18-Western Caribbean
2017-Carnival Paradise-7/13/17-Cuba
2017-HAL Nieuw Amsterdam 1/18/17-southern wayfarer
2016-Carnival Breeze 3/12/16 -Southern Caribbean
2015-Grand Celebration 7/25/15 Bahamas, 2015-Carnival Conquest 2/07/15 eastern Carribean
2014-Carnival Sunshine 5/17/14 eastern Carribean, 2013-HAL Eurodam 4/19/13 Med
2012-Carnival Glory-western Carribean, 2011-Carnival Miracle- Southern Carribean
2010-Bahamas Celebration- a quick weekend, 2010-Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas transatlantic, 2009-Carnival Miracle -Mid Caribbean, 2008-Carnival Freedom mediterrean, Greece and Turkey
2007-Carnival Liberty-exotic western Caribbean, 2006-Sun princess-Caribbean, 2005-Holland America -Westerdam southern Caribbean, 2005-Liberty-Bahamas 2004-Royal Princess-British Isles and Western Europe
2003-Carnival Pride exotic western Caribbean, 2002-Carnival Legend exotic southern Caribbean, 2001-Carnival Triumph eastern
2000-Royal Caribbean splendor of the Seas Caribbean circle-1999 Carnival Destiny-Caribbean, 1998-Regal Princess Panama Canal
1997-Carnival Sensation eastern Caribbean , 1996-Carnival Imagination western with kids
1995-Carnival Imagination western, 1994-Dolphin, 1993-Royal Majesty-Caribbean, 1986-Princess-Bahamas, 1984-Ameriquest-Caribbean
389 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
On our flight home from Anchorage Alaska last year, our flight on Delta was changed - departing Seattle 3 hrs before we arrived there. We had purchased on our own (not EZ Air) and though the operator insisted when I called that I had gotten an email notification, I HAD NOT!!!! Thankfully, I'm a Obsessive Planner so was checking flights on a regular basis and 'found it'....otherwise I guess we would have arrived in Seattle to find we had missed our flight. ugh! I know to always check now. Lesson Learned!!!!

Now....THAT phone call to Delta was a fun way to spend 15 minutes. I began with the question of "How do I leave Seattle 3 hrs before I arrive there?" I then sat silently while the operator tried to come up with an answer...... Yep...Fun!!!
I had spent so much time diligently choosing a flight that 'worked' for us (layovers, etc...) so I was not easily satisfied with the options I was offered.... (flying from Dallas to Atlanta to Vancouver....RIDICULOUS!!!) I ended up requesting a refund and bought tickets on American. The only change we had on that flight was a 5 min. time difference....and of course, other issues which I won't go into here...but anyway....
Flying always seems to add a stress factor to any vacation...ugh!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
I don't always take (or have) the time to write reviews....but when I do.....
Voyage of the Glaciers - NB - Star Princess 8/26/17-9/2/17: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2542116; Blog of Voy. of Glac. NB: https://frugaltraveling.wordpress.com/

West. Caribbean - Caribbean Princess Apr 19-26, 2014
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2034962
Carnival and Princess - A Comparison
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2315103
Los Angeles
64 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Thank you for your post! I am using EZ Air and after reading your post I checked directly on Delta's website only to find Delta had changed our return business flight to a different carrier in economy, at the same fare. I contacted Princess and they contacted Delta to find that Delta had changed the outbound due to their schedule changes. Princess was able to find us business class out bound from Barcelona at an addition $100.00pp more, while not happy it still is less expensive than booking directly with the airline. The lowest I could find was $8,000.00pp. Which is 6K more than EzAir. Plus I have not paid in full, so it's nice to be able to hold a reservation with only a deposit, and get air fare to Europe. Booking directly with an airline I would have had to pay in full upfront and still be at their mercy if the airline changes my flights. At least for now I can continue to monitor fares up until final payment day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Wisconsin
218 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by JC13
Thank you for your post! I am using EZ Air and after reading your post I checked directly on Delta's website only to find Delta had changed our return business flight to a different carrier in economy, at the same fare. I contacted Princess and they contacted Delta to find that Delta had changed the outbound due to their schedule changes. Princess was able to find us business class out bound from Barcelona at an addition $100.00pp more, while not happy it still is less expensive than booking directly with the airline. The lowest I could find was $8,000.00pp. Which is 6K more than EzAir. Plus I have not paid in full, so it's nice to be able to hold a reservation with only a deposit, and get air fare to Europe. Booking directly with an airline I would have had to pay in full upfront and still be at their mercy if the airline changes my flights. At least for now I can continue to monitor fares up until final payment day.
I am so glad my post helped you divert disaster! And I agree EZ Air is a great option.
USA
975 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
[quote=rgmacm;55514914]On our flight home from Anchorage Alaska last year, our flight on Delta was changed - departing Seattle 3 hrs before we arrived there. We had purchased on our own (not EZ Air) and though the operator insisted when I called that I had gotten an email notification, I HAD NOT!!!! Thankfully, I'm a Obsessive Planner so was checking flights on a regular basis and 'found it'....otherwise I guess we would have arrived in Seattle to find we had missed our flight. ugh! I know to always check now. Lesson Learned!!!!

Had the same happen to us flying from Florida to Quebec City for a Fall Foliage cruise. Months after scheduling - we try to schedule cruises and flights as early as possible - United came back and rerouted us with three stops, one of which was before the previous flight arrived. Shouldn't be possible in today's electronic environment, but they did. I called and asked the same question. Silence. Finally they gave us a new itinerary, but one requiring an overnight stay at Newark. Always check. And always check pricing with partner airlines. That flight on the same airplane might be less expensive if purchased through a code share airline.
midwest
4,500 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
The past two years we have had changes on every flight we have booked - direct and with EZAir. We always have received emails from Princess and have had the bold Red printing showing on our personalizer.
I always book our flights with EZAIR the day they open and like others have said, domestic prices are usually higher than going directly to the airlines. The past several times, our flights were no longer showing up after two months. So glad we had them.
Wisconsin
218 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
I am the OP and just checked my flights on the Delta site again. Yep--outbound has changed times, and there was no notice to me from Delta or Princess, and my personalizer does NOT show the change.
I am going to have to be vigilant in checking. My TA had not received any notifications either. She was shocked (her words) to see these changes occurring without notifications.
Kingwood, Texas
170 Posts
Joined Jun 2000
Folks,

I had a similar problem with United. Three days after we booked our flight with Princess EZ-Air, I checked with United web site to find that our "United Confirmation number" was deleted. United advised me that if the actual ticketing did not take place, the "United" confirmation is deleted.

As we were concerned about our seating arrangements on an international flight we choose to use the Princess EZ-Air Early Payment Form to get our tickets and seating before the 45 day period that Princess uses. However, if you should use the form, you will loose the flexibility of making changes through Princess. In our case we paid a few months early, got our tickets paid by Princess to United, then selected our seats. It worked out for us. Check their web site or just call Princess to get the form.
26,625 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by kjg46
Folks,

I had a similar problem with United. Three days after we booked our flight with Princess EZ-Air, I checked with United web site to find that our "United Confirmation number" was deleted. United advised me that if the actual ticketing did not take place, the "United" confirmation is deleted.

As we were concerned about our seating arrangements on an international flight we choose to use the Princess EZ-Air Early Payment Form to get our tickets and seating before the 45 day period that Princess uses. However, if you should use the form, you will loose the flexibility of making changes through Princess. In our case we paid a few months early, got our tickets paid by Princess to United, then selected our seats. It worked out for us. Check their web site or just call Princess to get the form.
Mine disappeared also but my seats are blocked off. So I am not worrying.

I was able to select my seats when I booked the cruise and they are still shown as unavailable.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email Me
albuquerque
3,159 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by kjg46
Folks,

kjg

How long ago was this? When I called to ask about getting the form to pay early, the rep said they don't use the form anymore. they just call over to the air travel department and make the transaction for you. And, if you are willing to wait on the phone, they will give you your ticket number. This is good info to have if there are any issues.

I did have them issue my ticket before the usual 45 days out and no form was needed. i just called and Princess took care of it.

ML
Louisiana
429 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
It is advisable to always check your airline reservations at least once a week and even more frequently as your trip gets closer. This is true whether booked directly with the airline or through a 3rd party such as Princess. Twice since final payment, we have had changes to the flight schedules that required rebooking our return flights from Sydney. I noticed the changes on United's website both times well before we got notice from Princess. Both times (after lengthy phone calls for each) the Princess rep got us on other flights at no additional charge.

We appreciated the flexibility of EX Air. We priced going direct to a number of different airlines and could not get close to the fare we paid through Princess. Being able to continue to shop for a better rate until 45 days out was also very nice, as we did change it a few times due to better schedule/rate.