[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:28 AM.
Scottsdale AZ
2,964 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by Coral
Mine disappeared also but my seats are blocked off. So I am not worrying.

I was able to select my seats when I booked the cruise and they are still shown as unavailable.
I have used EZAir before and currently have two reservations with United via EZAir. When I log into the United website, both appear under my future trips. When I open one of the reservations, this language appears and from past experience, the date will change every day until it is ticketed:

"This reservation is not ticketed.
We will hold this reservation until midnight Mon., Mar. 12, 2018 in Phoenix, AZ, US (PHX). "

If you don't see it when you log in and / or if your flights are missing from the CP / Travel Summary, I would definitely contact your TA's office.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pre mid 1990's - a dozen or so cruises on Princess, Carnival, etc. Rediscovered cruising in 2008 and here's our roster since then:
Carnival Freedom – 09/2008 Mediterranean
Caribbean Princess – 12/2013 New Year's Western Caribbean * 05/2014 Western Caribbean
Coral Princess – 02/2016 Panama Canal Partial Transit * 05/2016 Celebrating Retirement Mini Coastal Cruise
Diamond Princess – 01/2013 Auckland to Sydney
Emerald Princess – 12/2010 Christmas Eastern Caribbean * 10/2014 Canary Islands & Madeira * 02/2015 Western Caribbean * 10/2017 Mexican Riviera
Golden Princess – 06/2008 Alaska Inside Passage RT Seattle
Grand Princess – 05/2009 Iberian Interlude RT Southampton
Island Princess – 02/2009 Panama Canal Partial Transit
Regal Princess – 11/2016 Eastern Caribbean * 12/2017 Eastern Caribbean Medallion Preview
Royal Princess – 10/2015 & 01/2017 Southern Caribbean Medley
Star Princess – 05/2010 Baltic / Scandinavia / Russia * 10/2011 Greek Isles Venice to Rome * 12/2012 Around the Horn Valparaiso to Rio de Janeiro * 03/2013 Valparaiso to Los Angeles * 08/2015 Southbound Alaska * 08/2016 & 05/2017 Denali Explorer Land Tour + Southbound Alaska

Upcoming:
August 14, 2018 - Grand Princess - Alaska Inside Passage from SF
October 5, 2018 - Viking Longship Mani - Amsterdam to Basel for first river cruise
January 19, 2019 - Sapphire Princess - Roundtrip Singapore - Moveover cruise #1
July 13, 2019 - Royal Princess - Southbound Alaska - Moveover cruise #2
January 5, 2020 - Coral Princess - Antarctica and Cape Horn
Nebraska
1,922 Posts
Joined May 2011
Originally posted by Globehoppers
Booking through EZAir usually provides the lowest fares compared to airline websites. However, EZAir does not provide seat selection which can only be accomplished through the airline using the six-character reservation code. One should always check both EZAir and the airline periodically for updates/changes, and provide the airline with your contact information for changes. Interestingly, for an upcoming R/T flight to Australia from the US received three different reservation codes over a period of several weeks... The second one works with both EZAir and the airline! Always check.
I am almost positive I selected my seats in ez air
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
26,596 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by azbirdmom
I have used EZAir before and currently have two reservations with United via EZAir. When I log into the United website, both appear under my future trips. When I open one of the reservations, this language appears and from past experience, the date will change every day until it is ticketed:

"This reservation is not ticketed.
We will hold this reservation until midnight Mon., Mar. 12, 2018 in Phoenix, AZ, US (PHX). "

If you don't see it when you log in and / or if your flights are missing from the CP / Travel Summary, I would definitely contact your TA's office.
Thank you. I just logged in and can see them. Before I was seeing my name but wasn't logging in. I frequently check the flight on United's website but it does ask me to login as guest at the end or enter my password (it has my number).

Thanks for the reality check. I remember seeing right after I booed it but I thought it disappeared as it wasn't ticketed.

This is my first time using EZ Air. Hoping nothing drastic happens as I got good flights for a great price.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email Me
Virginia
53 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
This is probably the best thread on this site! I never had a problem with ez air until this upcoming trip. Now all it is is problems. I took the Delta confirmation number from the Cruise personalizer onto my Delta app. All of the flights came up...EXEPT ONE! The flight missing is the one that will actually get me to the ship (I have to connect because of course ). When I realized I immediately called Princess but the air department was closed. I’ll be calling again today. On a positive note, the agent I spoke worth last night was really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Long Beach, NY
41 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Hi just read the whole thread to see if someone asked this question...I booked with EZ Air for a cruise from Barcelona to Rome and added London before cruise. How exactly do I check my flight to see if the prices have changed without changing the original booking? I am afraid to hit the wrong button and loose my current flights and prices?

26,596 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by carajoemom
Hi just read the whole thread to see if someone asked this question...I booked with EZ Air for a cruise from Barcelona to Rome and added London before cruise. How exactly do I check my flight to see if the prices have changed without changing the original booking? I am afraid to hit the wrong button and loose my current flights and prices?

You have to hit "add or modify". You can search for flights and select outgoing and then coming back (but I don't select coming back unless it is financially better), just don't change them at the very end unless you want to. I agree, it is scary as I got some decent flights but I changed them 3x and saved about $600. I still look periodically.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email Me
West coast of Florida
799 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Thank you all for your valuable tips and shared experiences. I had never considered EZAir for any of our trips as we do so many from our home ports that we can drive to. I booked using EZAir for the first time today for our return trip from Copenhagen to Tampa. Huge savings and will monitor as suggested although will be hard when on the move. Great thread ~ thanks, again OP.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
May 1997 - Moorings charter in B.V.I.
April 2007 - Carnival Inspiration
May 2007 - Moorings charter in B.V.I
November 2008 - RCI Monarch of the Seas
July 2010 - Coral Princess
December 2011 - Carnival Legend
May 2012 - Moorings charter in B.V.I.
November 2012 - RCI Jewel of the Seas
April 2013 - MM Vacations charter in B.V.I.
November 2013 - Carnival Breeze
April 2014 - Ruby Princess
December 2014 - Regal Princess - Christmas Crusin'

January 2015 - Carnival Paradise - Women's Club Cruise
August 2015 - Emerald Princess - Black Sea Cruise
November 2015 - Emerald Princess - Thanksgiving Cruise

Kingwood, Texas
170 Posts
Joined Jun 2000
Originally posted by NoWhiners
kjg

How long ago was this? When I called to ask about getting the form to pay early, the rep said they don't use the form anymore. they just call over to the air travel department and make the transaction for you. And, if you are willing to wait on the phone, they will give you your ticket number. This is good info to have if there are any issues.

I did have them issue my ticket before the usual 45 days out and no form was needed. i just called and Princess took care of it.

ML
I faxed the Princess form called "EARLY FLEXIBLE FARES AIR TICKETING REQUEST" Fax # 661-284-4772.

I used this form in late December 2016 for our Western Med cruise in May 2017

Hope this helps. I think I originally got the from some ones post on this board.
Wisconsin
218 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by paradiselivin1
Thank you all for your valuable tips and shared experiences. I had never considered EZAir for any of our trips as we do so many from our home ports that we can drive to. I booked using EZAir for the first time today for our return trip from Copenhagen to Tampa. Huge savings and will monitor as suggested although will be hard when on the move. Great thread ~ thanks, again OP.
My pleasure! The Cruise Critic community is such a wealth of great information and have always come through with helpful answers when I’ve had questions. I am happy to have been able to provide a valuable warning for ALL flights— not just EZ Air—I am learning. But I am happy also that you have discovered the benefits of EZ Air. Just monitor your flights as closely as you can in your Personalizer and on the airline’s site.

Also, last year for our Baltic cruise wanting Premium Economy seats, we contacted our TA who was able to purchase the flights early through Princess EZ Air (before final payment), and then we were free to contact the airlines to secure specific seats—and to pay for— the upgrade from economy. The TA sent us a form via email to fill out, then she contacted Princess and paid for the flights. Of course, at that time we were locked into those flights.
1,915 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by kjg46
I faxed the Princess form called "EARLY FLEXIBLE FARES AIR TICKETING REQUEST" Fax # 661-284-4772.

Hope this helps. I think I originally got the from some ones post on this board.

They are no longer using the forms. You just call and your ticket is issued while waiting on the phone. We have used the form in the past but on our cruise in January 2018 and our upcoming transatlantic next month... we were informed that they no longer use the forms.

albuquerque
3,157 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by kjg46

I don't need help, my point was that they seem to have a new procedure and the form is no longer required. And the no-form process was what I used in January to pay for our airfare early.

May help people who have future air travel booked thru EZ Air.
Louisiana
425 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Originally posted by carajoemom

I also wanted to double check prices and possible better flight schedules but was concerned I may accidentally cancel our existing flights. I was able to find the available flights by not logging in and then selecting "Plan a Cruise", then "Cruise Details" and then "Flight Quotes" on the black bar. This allows you to put in your flight options and get the quotes. This way there is no chance that you will accidentally cancel your existing flights.
Nj
355 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
I am using EZ air for my Alaska trip in June. I must have changed my flight 6 or 7 times since I booked due to lower prices I also had a flight get canceled with no notice from Princess I only saw it because I check almost daily. I called Princess and they put me on another flight for the same price. My fare is much lower than any of the flight sites. Hopefully all goes well!
Mississippi
473 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Just a general comment: we've used EZAir for the last four cruises, including one next month. Fortunately, have always been able to choose our seats.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cunard Adventurer (8/73) Caribbean
Cunard Ambassador (4/74) Caribbean
Carnival Celebrity (6/87) Bahamas/USVI
Carnival Ecstasy (5/89) Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Fantasy (11/97) Bahamas/Key West
Norwegian Spirit (2/08) Western Caribbean
Coral Princess (9/11) Alaska
Emerald Princess (2/14) Eastern Caribbean
Regal Princess (10/16) New England & Canada
Coral Princess (5/17) Alaska
Crown Princess (4/18) Mediterranean
Reserved:
Caribbean Princess (12/18) Canal
Grand Princess (4/19) Hawaii
Scottsdale AZ
2,964 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by Funkat
I also wanted to double check prices and possible better flight schedules but was concerned I may accidentally cancel our existing flights. I was able to find the available flights by not logging in and then selecting "Plan a Cruise", then "Cruise Details" and then "Flight Quotes" on the black bar. This allows you to put in your flight options and get the quotes. This way there is no chance that you will accidentally cancel your existing flights.
I used to do that. I have our booked cruises saved with other cruises we are looking at so it is easy to model airfares there as well. The only problem is that if you find something attractive when modeling, it may not necessarily be available when you go into the CP to book it. That has happened to me before. Airfares can sometimes change from minute to minute for some of the routes. I am ultra careful when checking airfares in the CP and haven't had a problem yet. Hope it stays that way!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pre mid 1990's - a dozen or so cruises on Princess, Carnival, etc. Rediscovered cruising in 2008 and here's our roster since then:
Carnival Freedom – 09/2008 Mediterranean
Caribbean Princess – 12/2013 New Year's Western Caribbean * 05/2014 Western Caribbean
Coral Princess – 02/2016 Panama Canal Partial Transit * 05/2016 Celebrating Retirement Mini Coastal Cruise
Diamond Princess – 01/2013 Auckland to Sydney
Emerald Princess – 12/2010 Christmas Eastern Caribbean * 10/2014 Canary Islands & Madeira * 02/2015 Western Caribbean * 10/2017 Mexican Riviera
Golden Princess – 06/2008 Alaska Inside Passage RT Seattle
Grand Princess – 05/2009 Iberian Interlude RT Southampton
Island Princess – 02/2009 Panama Canal Partial Transit
Regal Princess – 11/2016 Eastern Caribbean * 12/2017 Eastern Caribbean Medallion Preview
Royal Princess – 10/2015 & 01/2017 Southern Caribbean Medley
Star Princess – 05/2010 Baltic / Scandinavia / Russia * 10/2011 Greek Isles Venice to Rome * 12/2012 Around the Horn Valparaiso to Rio de Janeiro * 03/2013 Valparaiso to Los Angeles * 08/2015 Southbound Alaska * 08/2016 & 05/2017 Denali Explorer Land Tour + Southbound Alaska

Upcoming:
August 14, 2018 - Grand Princess - Alaska Inside Passage from SF
October 5, 2018 - Viking Longship Mani - Amsterdam to Basel for first river cruise
January 19, 2019 - Sapphire Princess - Roundtrip Singapore - Moveover cruise #1
July 13, 2019 - Royal Princess - Southbound Alaska - Moveover cruise #2
January 5, 2020 - Coral Princess - Antarctica and Cape Horn
Ontario, Canada
317 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
I am hesitating to use EZ air because we have just recently booked a cruise for Alaska this summer Northbound. The airfare cost right now from Toronto to Vancouver and back from Anchorage to Toronto is more than the cost of our inside cabin. My biggest concern is that we cannot choose our seats until full payment is made in June. My 6"4 DH needs an aisle seat and I'm uncertain if we will be lucky enough to be able to book that seat in particular. The quote from EZ Air is not any less expensive than my booking it my own at this point. Once I book however either with Princess or on our own, I will be sure to check the departure times. In most cases on our way home, we are on three different flights with two different airlines, first to Seattle, then to Vancouver and finally on Air Canada to Toronto.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pat and Richard
2018: Alaska B2B
Fall 2016: Pacific Coastal - Celebrity
Spring 2016: TA on beautiful Equinox - the best crew and cruise ever.
Past Cruises: Celebrity 13, Princess-3,
RCCL-1, Holland America-2, Sun Cruises-3
Toronto
57 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
Always check your EZ Air. I use it for most cruises because it has always been cheaper but when we flew to Rome with our daughter thru EZ Air one year, I checked and she had been put on a different flight than us. Princess took care of it with plenty of OBC and changing her flight to ours, but, always check and recheck till you are in the plane!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Caribbean Princess December 2008 - Eastern Caribbean
Crown Princess October 2010 -Western Caribbean
Ruby Princess January 2011 -Eastern Caribbean
Crown Princess November 2011 - Southern Caribbean
Coral Princess November 2012 -Panama Canal
Ruby Princess June 2013 - Greek Isles & Mediterranean
Caribbean Princess September 2013 -Canada/New England's
Royal Princess January 2014-Eastern Caribbean
Royal Princess February 2014 - Eastern Caribbean
Grand Princess April 2014 - Hawaii
Crown Princess August 2014 - Alaska Northbound
Crown Princess September 2014 - Alaska Southbound
Caribbean Princess November 2014 - Eastern Caribbean
Regal Princess November 2014 - Eastern Caribbean
Regal Princess November 2014 - Eastern Caribbean
Celebrity Reflection April 2015 - Eastern Caribbean
Grand Princess August 2015 - Alaska Northbound
Grand Princess September 2015 - Alaska Southbound
Royal Princess November 2015 - Eastern Caribbean
Crown Princess May 2016 - Alaska Inside Passage With Glacier Bay
Crown Princess September 2016 - California Coastal
Crown Princess September 2016 - Mexican Riviera
Regal Princess February 2017 - Caribbean East/West Adventure

Regal Princess November 2017 - Caribbean East/West Adventure
Regal Princess February 2018 - Caribbean East/West Adventure
Regal Princess - August 2018 - European Transatlantic
Memphis
203 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
When I have used EZAir and there have been flight changes, I get an update of my overall reservation from Princess.

I always shop my air reservations for the best fare and constantly look at what’s happening with schedules. What is booked today is hardly ever the final times 9 months from now.