Queen Victoria - Delays and dirty

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:24 AM.
1 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Just in Fort Lauderdale boarded late 4pm as requested due to illness and cleaning on board. Had to get the steward to clean the dirty fridge. Balcony is covered in paint splatter and dust. No luggage delivered at 5.55pm so cannot make early seating at 6pm. What a disgrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
S.W. England
772 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Hello to a NEW and rather cross poster!
We have family who joined yesterday and were advised of late boarding due to a deep clean. Just remember NV is usually started by pax not being totally hygenic; many avoid hand gels and regular hand washing. So, would you rather have boarded before this was done in an effort to improve the situation? The cases would not have been loaded whilst this was in progress.
I cannot comment on your fridge, but why worry about paint spattering; it shows the metalwork is being maintained.
Try and enjoy the good things that you see; it helps make everything seem better in an imperfect world.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QM2 April 2004 Maiden Westbound Transatlantic; QM2 Transatlantic 2005, 2006, 2009; QM2 Cruises 2006/7/8/10/11/12/14; QM2 Oct 2008 Eastbound Transatlantic - tandem voyage with QE2; QV Cruises 2008/2009/10/11/13/14/16/17; QV WC Segments 2011/16/18;QE 2012/13 x2/14; Celebrity Equinox 2009; Celebrity Eclipse 2010/12/13; P&O Azura 2013
QV Caribbean Nov 18. QE South Africa Nov 19.

Vale of Glamorgan
4,734 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Welcome to Cruise Critic, I hope things improve.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

If contacting me via email, please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
UK
4,338 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
The QV is showing on the Port Canaveral webcam now

http://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com/

Edit: leaving now

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QE - Iberia - June 2018
QE - Canaries & Madeira - October 2017
QV - Amsterdam & Bruges - June 2017
QE - Spain & Portugal - September 2016
QM2 - Hamburg - July 2016
QE - Mediterranean 16 days - August 2015
QV - Lusitania Remembered May 2015 (3 Queens Soton)
QE - Christmas markets - December 2014
QM2 - Transatlantic roundtrip via Halifax - June 2014
QM2 - Fjords - July 2013
QV - Fjords - July 2012 (3 Queens Southampton)
QE - Spring Getaway - May 2012
QE - Maiden Baltic & St Petersburg - May 2011
QV - Norwegian Wonders - July 2010
QV - Spring Getaway - April 2010
QV - Gallic Getaway - October 2009
QM2 - Iberian Odyssey - July 2009
QM2 - Hamburg - August 2008
Pennsylvania
6,513 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
I agree, don't let lack of luggage delivery force you out of Britannia on embarkation day (unless all you have is shorts & T-shirts).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past:
Queen Mary 2: 8 cruises
Queen Victoria: 2 cruises

ms Amsterdam: 1 cruise
ms Eurodam: 1 cruise
Caribbean Princess: 1 cruise
Carnival Pride: 1 cruise
USA
4,884 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
Every cruise line has extra deep cleaning if there has been illness, and I am certainly glad that they do.

Try to enjoy the remainder of your time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
http://www.jeannietx22.com/

Plus
X Elite Cunard Gold

2013-2017 257 nights at sea and counting
We have been blessed to travel to all 7 continents, and around the world.
Coming up:

7 nights Queen Mary December 8-15, 2019 Transatlantic Eastbound
Time in Europe then Getting to Africa by 12-30-2019- Month of January- Safaris
30 nights Oceania Nautica February 3-March 4, 2020 Cape Town to Singapore
Getting from Singapore to New Zealand- Travel New Zealand and Australia
18 nights RC Ovation Of The Seas April 20, 2020 Sydney to Honolulu
Waiting for Ovation schedule- Honolulu to North America

"The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see." -G.K. Chesterton
13 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Originally posted by SPacificbound
Every cruise line has extra deep cleaning if there has been illness, and I am certainly glad that they do.

Agreed. I'd prefer they take an extra couple of hours to be thorough with cleaning than risk a dose of norovirus. That'll ruin your trip way faster than a little wait time to board.
New Hampshire
6,448 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by SPacificbound

We had that issue on the QV in 2012. I appreciated Cunard's diligence(or any line!)My spouse had a transplant in 2009, so we do get concerned over issues such as this. On our Jan.(2018)on the Oceania Riviera, the staff in ALL the dining venues serve you the food. You are NOT allowed to touch anything! Being in the food industry, it was a very sensible thing to see.
1,542 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
Originally posted by Underwatr
I agree, don't let lack of luggage delivery force you out of Britannia on embarkation day (unless all you have is shorts & T-shirts).
No matter how you are dressed I cannot imagine there being any issue if Cunard has failed to deliver your luggage.
New Hamsphire
560 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
Originally posted by Underwatr
Proof that dressing better than the average bear at all times ie. blazer, slacks and dress loafers for the gentleman and a nice dress or ladies suit for the lady for boarding allows for dinner in the dining room even if luggage arrives after midnight.
NYC
1,618 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
It’s very nice of them to be lenient on the first night. I didn’t know that. They were also lenient with my black dress (not very fancy) on formal night because I have a 2 year old and 6 year old and all of my clothing will get stained at some point.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Queen Elizabeth - Norway
NCL Star - Baltic cruise to St. Petersburg
HAL Ryndam - Guatemala and Honduras
Coral Princess - Panama Canal
Coral Princess - Alaska
HAL Noordam - Mediterranean
Carnival - Belize, Honduras, Grand Cayman
3,598 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Originally posted by Lakesregion
Proof that dressing better than the average bear at all times ie. blazer, slacks and dress loafers for the gentleman and a nice dress or ladies suit for the lady for boarding allows for dinner in the dining room even if luggage arrives after midnight.
Depends on what sort of a journey you have had surely.

David
1,542 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
If they have messed up and not delivered in time I can't see they have any right to object no matter how you are dressed.

And if they were so silly as to do so I would ask them to go find my bag so I could change.
New Hamsphire
560 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
Originally posted by balf
Depends on what sort of a journey you have had surely.

David
Unless you hiked from London by foot I can see no reason why flying, bus, train or auto would prohibit such attire. It all comes down to either caring or not.
New Hampshire
6,448 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Though our luggage has never been "late" we always board with a sport coat & nice slacks just in case there's a screw-up. I would tend to think those who get last minute upgrades are the most likely ones to have late arriving luggage.