Reservations and Anytime Dining?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:55 AM.
#21
Greenville, SC, USA
54,807 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
Originally posted by Woobstr112G
Allowing reservations for ATD is one of the biggest reasons why there are so may problems with ATD.....

Bob
Must not be any major problems with ATD. I can't see that my reservations gets in your way. Usually after a few nights we have an assigned table at 7:30pm and just walk right in and take our seats.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Paul
#22
margate florida
94 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by floridalover5623
Yes, but if you want to see the main show in the show lounge, it kind of messes up the evening's schedule.
I agree with you Floridalover.....I am sailing on the Regal Princess this coming november...i pick Any Time Dining....I have done this type of dining on other lines...I like eating at 5:30 as i like to enjoy the experience...and i dont have to rush through dinner....I like making the first show, which i believe starts at either 7PM or 7:30...I have tried 8:00 dining, but that is far too late for me....so hopefully all works out well for me...I am a solo traveler and am hoping just to get a table for 2....
#23
West Sacramento, CALIFORNIA
460 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Originally posted by cruisinglady65
I agree with you Floridalover.....I am sailing on the Regal Princess this coming november...i pick Any Time Dining....I have done this type of dining on other lines...I like eating at 5:30 as i like to enjoy the experience...and i dont have to rush through dinner....I like making the first show, which i believe starts at either 7PM or 7:30...I have tried 8:00 dining, but that is far too late for me....so hopefully all works out well for me...I am a solo traveler and am hoping just to get a table for 2....
I have found that those that like to eat early (like myself) usually have no trouble getting into the Anytime dining promptly. I am still against those who want to step to the front of the line with reservations when every time you do that you are rude to those you cut in front of. Those that use reservations to cut in front of your fellow passengers usually want to go at the busiest times leaving others to wait even longer.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
<IMG SRC="http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;1 ;8;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600">

NCL Southward: September 1980
RCL Song of America: June 1985
Dolphin Lines: Sea Breeze 1991
Commodore Lines: Enchanted Isle 1993
Sonesta Nile Cruises: Moon Goddess 2001
Windjammer: Yankee Clipper January 2002
Windjammer: Polynesia January 2003
NCL Sea January 2005
Carnival Spirit January 2010
Amazon Cruise 2012
Crown Princess: March 2017
Grand Princess: June 2018
#24
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
8,192 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
If dinner takes to long in order to arrive for the show we just skip coffee & dessert, go to the show & return to the DR just before it closes to finish out our meal.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 645/72/826/90
#25
Greenville, SC, USA
54,807 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
Originally posted by yags
I have found that those that like to eat early (like myself) usually have no trouble getting into the Anytime dining promptly. I am still against those who want to step to the front of the line with reservations when every time you do that you are rude to those you cut in front of. Those that use reservations to cut in front of your fellow passengers usually want to go at the busiest times leaving others to wait even longer.
Most ships have separate lines for those with reservations and those without. No need to cut in front of anyone.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Paul
#26
Florida
2,183 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
how strictly does Princess enforce passengers who have booked traditional dining, but blow it off some nights when it doesn't fit their schedule and go to anytime dining, taking up 2 tables? Is that why some nights, people waiting for anytime dining are corralled up, and taken to the traditional dining room???

Princess strictly enforce - that was a good one, huh??
#27
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
8,192 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by voljeep
how strictly does Princess enforce passengers who have booked traditional dining, but blow it off some nights when it doesn't fit their schedule and go to anytime dining, taking up 2 tables? Is that why some nights, people waiting for anytime dining are corralled up, and taken to the traditional dining room???

Princess strictly enforce - that was a good one, huh??
I never had them ask to see our cards the few times we went to the DR.
Maybe on the first night when we didn't go there?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 645/72/826/90
#28
Palmdale, Ca
36,559 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by paul929207
Must not be any major problems with ATD. I can't see that my reservations gets in your way. Usually after a few nights we have an assigned table at 7:30pm and just walk right in and take our seats.
I understand your position sir but how is having standing reservations anytime dining. If cruisers want fixed times, they should book traditional. Just my thoughts.

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future: Sky Princess Med-T/A 11/19
Future: RCCL Symphony OTS E Caribbean 09/19
Future: Ruby Princess California Coastal 03/19
Future: Star Princess Hawaii 11/18
Pacific Princess Panama Canal 05/17
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/16 First Princess Elite Cruise
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/15
Golden Princess West Coast Getaway 04/15
Royal Princess Med-T/A 10/13 - Inaugural T/A Crossing
Sapphire Princess Hawaii 03/13
Ruby Princess Med-T/A 10/11
Golden Princess Hawaii 02/11
Ruby Princess Med-T/A 10/09
Diamond Princess AUS/NZ 01/09
Emerald Princess Med-T/A 10/08
Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06
Celebrity Summit Alaska 05/05
Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02
RCCL Rhapsody OTS Alaska 09/01
RCCL Splendour OTS Baltic/Northern Europe 09/99
HAL Veendam E Caribbean 07/96
Carnival Holiday W Caribbean 07/93

154 Days Princess; 42 Days Celebrity; 19 Days RCCL; 7 Days Carnival

My Cruise Pictures on Flickr

Roll Call Thread
Roll Call Thread
Roll Call Thread
Roll Call Thread
#29
Harlingen, TX USA
4,031 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Originally posted by yags
I have found that those that like to eat early (like myself) usually have no trouble getting into the Anytime dining promptly. I am still against those who want to step to the front of the line with reservations when every time you do that you are rude to those you cut in front of. Those that use reservations to cut in front of your fellow passengers usually want to go at the busiest times leaving others to wait even longer.
Have cruised on another line with ATD. Like what they do. They have designated lines with those with reservations and those without. The restaurant is fairly divided for those with reservations and those without. Yes, the show up line is usually longer and on formal nights especially. Seems to work pretty well. We sometimes have reservations and other times not. Wait isn't too long. It took them awhile to get the process down to work well.
#30
League City, TX
42,379 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by floridalover5623
If dinner takes to long in order to arrive for the show we just skip coffee & dessert, go to the show & return to the DR just before it closes to finish out our meal.
If you let your waiter know that you want to be able to leave the dining room by a certain time, he/she can usually speed up the service and have you out of there by that time including coffee and dessert.
#31
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
8,192 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by caribill
If you let your waiter know that you want to be able to leave the dining room by a certain time, he/she can usually speed up the service and have you out of there by that time including coffee and dessert.
I do know that but only within a reasonable schedule that he can possible meet.
If they have him spread to thinly at two large tables plus a few smaller ones they can slow him down considerably with requests & he can't possibly cope with everything.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 645/72/826/90
#32
Florida
2,183 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by PrincessLuver
You are so right.....it is more of the "I am entitled attitude" that wrecks ATD for others when they combine ATD and TD....if people really are so special that they need a fix time to eat go to where they have fixed times to eat and leave ATD for those who do not make reservations and want flexibility in their schedules....enough said...
preachn' to the choir, brother
#33
Greenville, SC, USA
54,807 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
Originally posted by PrincessLuver
You are so right.....it is more of the "I am entitled attitude" that wrecks ATD for others when they combine ATD and TD....if people really are so special that they need a fix time to eat go to where they have fixed times to eat and leave ATD for those who do not make reservations and want flexibility in their schedules....enough said...
As long as Princess has a person whose job is to take reservations for people with ATD, we will make reservations.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Paul
#34
Florida
2,183 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by paul929207
As long as Princess has a person whose job is to take reservations for people with ATD, we will make reservations.
as will we...and if not available or a long wait before a 'must see' show, we'll just grab something at IC, Vines/tapas, etc...
#35
28 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
The following is a copy from the Princess Web site. It looks like Princess offers Everyone the opportunity to call in a reservation when ever they want.
Anytime Dining℠ - Princess Cruises
Anytime Dining℠ • Anytime Dining℠ Fresh and Flexible, Dine Any Time Just like a restaurant at home, Anytime Dining enables guests the freedom to dine when and with whom they wish, at any time between 5:30 PM and 10 PM. Reservations are available through an onboard dining hotline, but not required, and diners may choose
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#36
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
8,192 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by Cowboy 9200
The following is a copy from the Princess Web site. It looks like Princess offers Everyone the opportunity to call in a reservation when ever they want.
Anytime Dining℠ - Princess Cruises
Anytime Dining℠ • Anytime Dining℠ Fresh and Flexible, Dine Any Time Just like a restaurant at home, Anytime Dining enables guests the freedom to dine when and with whom they wish, at any time between 5:30 PM and 10 PM. Reservations are available through an onboard dining hotline, but not required, and diners may choose
Try calling at 8:15 AM and see if they'll take your reservation.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 645/72/826/90