5 for 4 Beer Package

Burgmeister

We typically buy during B1G1 $1, ask them NOT to open them and take to the room for later consumption. I believe the cost for 6 beers is about $23, a couple bucks less than the bucket and an extra beer.

Supposedly not all bar tenders will leave then closed, but I've never run into that. Every time I've done it, they've put the beer into an random 6 pack carrier and I toddle off to my room or enjoy some there, then toddle.

One time they gave me the bucket with the 6 beers. Guess it's up to whomever is working.

Oh right. Thanks Dave. I didn't realise there would be multiple "Happy Hours" I assumed it would be the same in all the bars on ship. Are the times advertised in the daily flier thing that most cruise lines seem to put in your cabins each night?

TBH, we can't really afford this cruise but have decided to go for it anyway. Just trying to establish the best way of keeping costs down whilst still enjoying ourselves!

Oh right. Thanks Dave. I didn't realise there would be multiple "Happy Hours" I assumed it would be the same in all the bars on ship. Are the times advertised in the daily flier thing that most cruise lines seem to put in your cabins each night?

TBH, we can't really afford this cruise but have decided to go for it anyway. Just trying to establish the best way of keeping costs down whilst still enjoying ourselves!

Yes, it was advertised. But I think it varies by ship from what I've read on other posts. We did the same, normally bought a couple at a time to get the extra ones for a $. Put them in the fridge in the room to keep cold. I'd then take a couple down at night and the bar tenders would keep them in one of their fridges behind the bar to keep them cold.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

The beer package isn't particularly good value as it works out at around £4.60 for a 330ml bottle, at least twice the price of a UK pub.

A pint of draught is probably best, provided they have some. On our only other Princess cruise they ran out after the first day.

Best value was the multiple bottle of wine deal we purchased on boarding but they withdrew that pretty quickly too. You could have a bottle with your meal or drink it at one of the bars.

I never saw mention of any "Happy Hours" on our cruise but I think perhaps they had a booze shortage due to the failure meeting a container at one of the ports we sailed to.

Hope it doesn't happen on the next one!!

Dave, the beer is more than you'd pay in a UK pub, but then I kind of expect that. My wife and I don't drink a lot but, when we are on holiday, we do like the occasional snifter.

Our current plan is to take 3 bottles of wine on board (paying corkage on one) and having a bucket or 2 of beer.

We also like the odd cocktail so we need to budget for one of those each for each night (Happy hour, if available, might well come in handy here). That will probably do for us, although I might be tempted to buy a bottle of rum for the room - still to decide on that one.

We will be taking soft drinks on board with us, mainly for our daughter, but also for ourselves.

The rest of the time it will be tea! (that's proper tea, i.e. hot with a drop of milk)

We only have 2 sea days on our itinerary so there isn't a hell of a lot of time to drink anyway.

I seem to remember you could get free soft drinks from a machine at the ice cream counter. Maybe sparking orange and water?

I've actually started another thread about FoC drinks. Apparently you can get tea, iced tea & water all day, juice in the morning and lemonade at lunch. We can also take on as much soft drink as we like and, as we will be driving to Southampton, I think we'll take plenty!

Is the B1G1 $1 always atthe same time of day or does it depend on itinerary?

Cheers

Princess always used to have the B1G1 $1 at about 9pm which was a great time after the dinner and show to settle in for a while. However on the Royal recently the times were all over the place and usually at less popular times. I drank plenty but I don't think I ever struck a cheap drinks time at a time that was good for me.