New Ship

bee-ess

”Love the name, and love the island...and it's easier to guess the name of her twin now...

If they keep the tradition of ships names ending in 'A' then I guess Jura”

If that’s the case, then I Canna guess. ( or should that be, I guess Canna?)

I agree. It would be a lovely name for a small Adonia size ship that could visit these small islands.

I think the bigger ship needed a more robust and expressive for its size.

The first P&O cruise I went on was on Oronsay. I expect people are familiar with this Scottish island. Calling ships after Scottish islands is not new and Iona makes sense to me. I met a girl years ago in the highlands and her name was Iona so it seems to be acceptable and popular as a name in Scotland.

If you wanted to follow the Scottish islands theme and pick one ending with an "a" which was expressive for the size of the ship then the Scottish island called "Bigga" is for you. Personally I think people might find it ridiculous.

Regards John

How long before someone on board says:

"for the amount I've paid for this cruise, I feel like I-ona" :D

I'll get me coat....

Just shows the old jokes are the best jokes. I knew a lady many years ago who named her house in the Scottish Borders 'Iona House'.

I think P&O have taken the best bits of some of the newer ships that have set sail recently & some of the features of the new ships that are in the process of being built & put them on this ship. She does look interesting.

I wonder how much they will be charging to sail on her though!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The first P&O cruise I went on was on Oronsay. I expect people are familiar with this Scottish island. Calling ships after Scottish islands is not new and Iona makes sense to me. I met a girl years ago in the highlands and her name was Iona so it seems to be acceptable and popular as a name in Scotland.

If you wanted to follow the Scottish islands theme and pick one ending with an "a" which was expressive for the size of the ship then the Scottish island called "Bigga" is for you. Personally I think people might find it ridiculous.

Regards John

There is that island in the Shetlands called Foula?? - I suspect that may not be chosen.

Annie

The first of the class, AIDA nova deckpkan is here https://www.aida.de/fileadmin/user_upload/v4/MyAIDA/Dokumente/Decksgrundrisse_AIDAnova.pdf

8 forward, 8 midships and 6 aft lifts with stairs at all.

No large theatre, just Studio X and the large dome.

Also, a concerning lack of pools!

No large theatre would concern me. The evening shows are my favourite thing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In which case, and in the politest possible way, there are still 7 ships with traditional theatres.

Indeed, as there are many other ships in other cruise lines! Thought that went without saying and indeed the implication is that we will probably not be cruising on Iona. Of course, eventually the other P&O ships will be sold off and these new big ships will be all that is left. Pile ‘em high and sell ‘em cheap being P&O’s motto these days! Economies of scale in other words.

The Dome area is your theatre replacement but with different types of entertainment to at present.

I imagine the dome area will be somewhat like the RCI Oasis class aquatic shows, an additional entertainment venue, I can't imagine the new ships won't have a traditional theatre, as well as other entertainment lounges and lots of bars.

I imagine the dome area will be somewhat like the RCI Oasis class aquatic shows, an additional entertainment venue, I can't imagine the new ships won't have a traditional theatre, as well as other entertainment lounges and lots of bars.

Per my first post on the matter, the first ship in the class doesn’t have a traditional theatre.

Per my first post on the matter, the first ship in the class doesn’t have a traditional theatre.

I think if you look carefully you will see that the Theatre is spread over decks 6,7 and 8 in the centre of the ship, just like most of the other AIDA ships. This seems to be one of their signature features, along with lots of others including multiple dining rooms, totally unlike anything P&O have.

I would imagine that the P&O ships will follow their more traditional approach and the theatre will be housed in the forward sections of decks 4,5 and 6, but of course that's only my opinion.

I think if you look carefully you will see that the Theatre is spread over decks 6,7 and 8 in the centre of the ship, just like most of the other AIDA ships. This seems to be one of their signature features, along with lots of others including multiple dining rooms, totally unlike anything P&O have.

I would imagine that the P&O ships will follow their more traditional approach and the theatre will be housed in the forward sections of decks 4,5 and 6, but of course that's only my opinion.

I wonder when we will get to know more about the internal layout of the new ship.

I agree, looking online the layout of the ADIA ships look vastly different to any of the current P&O ships.

Let's hope P&O have gone for a more traditional layout.

The lack of pools is also a standard AIDA Thing.

I doubt Pando will be copying that "feature" either.

Regards

Mike

• 1 month later...
Yes, looks like they are going for the dull, bland, boring look again!

I agree..nothing outstanding about that Atrium...hope they will offer something with a wow factor elsewhere on ship