Freebie opportunities

bahacca

I've been on Carnival multiple times, so know about free drink tickets for winner of bartender contest, drawings on the first day for spa credit, and free excursions, dinners at the talks. Does Princess have similar opportunities? My family has fun participating in these.

Every cruise ship I've ever been on has the spa run by Steiner, and they have exactly the same spa raffle on day 1. I've never seen a free excursion hand out, but I've seen t-shirts and other such nonsense given away at the shopping talks. You get a free drink ticket if you stay for the entire "first time cruiser" reception. We've also received them in our cabin when something on the ship didn't work right--for instance, on our last cruise there was no TV for 3 days....free drink coupon for everyone. There are some other things listed in the Patter--like if you go to the hair talk, one person wins a free hair cut.

New car for finding the secret door to nirvana.

Plenty of contests and competitions with opportunities to win “prizes” on Princess cruises.

Do you have any specifics for a Princess newbie? And thank you for the new cruiser talk heads up!

Do you have any specifics for a Princess newbie? And thank you for the new cruiser talk heads up!

There is a lot of junk with give aways...like the art auctions with free "champagne" if you can call it that, free "art," etc. You can win small prizes at trivia and other activities. These tend to be things like Princess coasters, key rings, etc.

On embarkation day they have a "scavenger hunt" where the goal is to go to various venues on the ship and have them stamp the booklet they will give you (either when you board or it will be in your cabin). When you have all the stamps, you drop off that page at a designated place.

Either at the sailaway party on deck that afternoon or in the atrium the next morning (they will announce which), winners will be drawn for such prizes as credit at a ship's boutique, free specialty restaurant meal, bouquet of flowers, etc. ou must be present to win.

There is a lot of junk with give aways...like the art auctions with free "champagne" if you can call it that' date=' free "art," etc. You can win small prizes at trivia and other activities. These tend to be things like Princess coasters, key rings, etc.[/quote']

At the putting contest on the Coral, staff member said they have virtually no budget for giveaways, hence the coasters, key rings, etc.

I've been on Carnival multiple times, so know about free drink tickets for winner of bartender contest, drawings on the first day for spa credit, and free excursions, dinners at the talks. Does Princess have similar opportunities? My family has fun participating in these.

Treasure Hunt card on boarding day. Go to all the venues and get it stamped. Turn it in. There is a drawing for lots of stuff, some good, some not so good. There could be a dinner as one of the Treasure hunt drawing prizes.

Trivia. 6 people/team. If your team wins you will get small prizes, not valuable, but fun to win. Trivia is held twice a day.

Most Cruise Director staff activities have some inexpensive prizes.

Have never seen free excursions.

If they have a mixed drink contest called Bar Wars, and if you are selected as one of the participants, then you get to keep the drink you mix. This is a pool side game.

If you use a TA, you will get a coupon book with a BOGO for the Crown Grill on Embarkation night only. Whatever you do, don't drink the free "champagne".

FWIW, our last few TA-supplied Coupon Books did not restrict us to the CG, the Embarkation Day 2 for 1 coupon was good for any of the ship's multitude of speciality restaurants.

There are very few raffles on Princess like they have on Carnival. There might be one for a piece of jewelry, a spa giveaway (where they will try to get you to buy something anyway) and there's the scavenger hunt but that's about all. Princess isn't so much into these types of give-aways.

Check the Patter for activities like trivia, golf putting, ping pong tournament, napkin folding, etc.

New car for finding the secret door to nirvana.

Plenty of contests and competitions with opportunities to win “prizes” on Princess cruises.

Please don't take posts by this particular person seriously. Note the location given is "Land of Bad Comedy". Rather than taking the posts with "a grain of salt" substitute "a huge block of salt' instead.

On our cruise, the Effy shop (jewelry) gave away a small free necklace one evening if you came in wearing pink. I think they were also giving away glasses of pink champagne.

Yep. Effy had quite a few "events" on our last couple of cruises. Free champagne and I think a drawing for a prize. We never attended as we have no interest in the Effy jewelry or in their champagne. I believe the events were fairly well attended.

Thank you all! bar Wars sounds similar to the event on Carnival. I won, got the drink I mixed(which made 2), and 5 free drink tickets! My parents won champagne, chocolate strawberries and priority seating for newlywed game, and dh won wine and dinner for 2! We made out like bandits! Guess I'll lower expectations for Princess.

Yep. Effy had quite a few "events" on our last couple of cruises. Free champagne and I think a drawing for a prize. We never attended as we have no interest in the Effy jewelry or in their champagne. I believe the events were fairly well attended.
We went once to the Effy drawing. It's cheap champagne. They dragged out the drawing--pulling one winner then saying they'd do another drawing in 15 minutes. We left.

We went once to the Effy drawing. It's cheap champagne. They dragged out the drawing--pulling one winner then saying they'd do another drawing in 15 minutes. We left.

It is definitely not cheap Champagne.

It is cheap sparkling wine.