Bed placements Oasis/Allure

molly361

There are several different ways. There is a thread on here that has people post information about their cabins from Oasis, which the creator of that thread has placed into a google doc. The link to that is here: http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxvYXNpc2NydWlzZXJzfGd4OjY0OTEwNDNhZTJlZjYwNzU&pli=1

From there, I find a listed cabin that is closest to the one I am trying to look for, and count out cabins from there.

Also, if there are connecting cabins, like 8552 and 8550, the one on the right (8552) will have the bed by the balcony. When you are facing the double doors in the hallway, the door on the right has the bed by the balcony, while the door on the left has the bed by the closet.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the info. I just booked 7170 on Oasis, and when I checked the website you sent, closest cabin was 7166. How can I figgure out 7170 from that one?

Google a deck plan for deck 7: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=07&shipCode=OA&shipProfile=1466&sailDate=1120929&hasNavigation=false

Find 7166, which has bed by the bathroom. 7170 is two rooms down, so will also have its bed by the balcony.

Google a deck plan for deck 7: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=07&shipCode=OA&shipProfile=1466&sailDate=1120929&hasNavigation=false

Find 7166, which has bed by the bathroom. 7170 is two rooms down, so will also have its bed by the balcony.

Sorry but the wording for this, really has me confused. First is by the bathroom, so 2nd will ALSO be by the Balcony??

Now I'm looking at 7274, any ideas on where the bed is?

By the way, I ask for our beds to be seperate, suspect that will make a diffrence in placement anyway.

Ok, just talked to my TA and changed my cabin # to 7266.

Will773, that particular cabin was on that website you sent, and it does have bed placed by the balcony. It's also next to elevators, so it's all good. Thanks so much, that website is terrific.

Thanks for the info. I just booked 7170 on Oasis, and when I checked the website you sent, closest cabin was 7166. How can I figgure out 7170 from that one?

I'm in room 7170 on Oasis on the December 17 sailing - we're going with separates, but I'll take photos for you.

Sorry but the wording for this, really has me confused. First is by the bathroom, so 2nd will ALSO be by the Balcony??

Now I'm looking at 7274, any ideas on where the bed is?

By the way, I ask for our beds to be seperate, suspect that will make a diffrence in placement anyway.

That is my mistake. 7170 has the bed by the bathroom. Sorry.

I just checked and our bed is not by the balcony. Is it that big of a deal? Never cruised on the Oasis but on other ships I've had beds that were not by the balcony and it didn't really bother me. Is the balcony not accessible if there is a pull out bed? I'm a night owl and love to sit out at night and read so I'm concerned now that I would have to climb over my DS.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a huge blonde moment here - it's been a long day!! Please forgive me in advance!! I can't quite figure this out.... : )

Our cabin is 12184. It's not in the google doc - the closest in the doc is 12194 and it's a hump - so I don't know if I can use it as reference.

Is the bed by the balcony or the bedroom?

Thank you!

Here is the short guide to rooms on the Oasis and Allure. BOTH ships have the same configurations. There may be a few exceptions to the following generality, but you will find this to be your best guideline…..

All non-suite cabins were built as a pair of cabins. There is a common wall between the 2 cabins that zigzags between them, and that dictates the bedding arrangement for each of the 2 rooms. The cabin configurations alternate; every other one is the same. Likewise, every adjacent cabin is different.

On the left-side cabin, the bed is adjacent to the bathroom. This is a cramped arrangement and should be avoided. There is inadequate access to the closet, and you must lift your luggage over the bed to enter the stateroom. The cabin looks and feels crowded. Two people will have trouble getting dressed if they both need access to the closet and bath.

On the right-side cabin, the bed is adjacent to the balcony. This is the preferred arrangement for most people. While not spacious, the cabin looks and feels comfortable.

You can tell which cabin is which by merely looking at the floor plan of the ship. Wherever you see adjoining cabins (shown by the arrows connecting 2 rooms), this is always ONE of the pair-of-cabins. When viewed from the hallway, there will be 2 entrance doors next to each other. One door is LEFT and one door is RIGHT.

Always remember: RIGHT is RIGHT. Select the door to the cabin on the RIGHT. It does not matter if they are inside cabins, ocean-view cabins, ocean-view balconies, Central Park balconies, Boardwalk balconies: RIGHT is RIGHT, when viewed from the hallway.

Once you find a adjoining cabin pair, merely count by two’s up or down the floor plan. This will show you each and every pair-of-cabins. Again, when viewed from the hallway, if you want a bed by the bath, select the left door. If you want the bed by the balcony, select the right door.

Edited by sonar

I'll cover all of you! ;)

I'm having a huge blonde moment here - it's been a long day!! Please forgive me in advance!! I can't quite figure this out.... : )

Our cabin is 12184. It's not in the google doc - the closest in the doc is 12194 and it's a hump - so I don't know if I can use it as reference.

Is the bed by the balcony or the bedroom?

Thank you!

Your bed will by the closet. And no, it doesn't matter that the cabin in the google doc is a hump cabin.

I was wondering... after reading this thread... if anyone here knows the layout of 14596? Thanks.

You exact cabin is on the google doc. The bed is by the balcony.

eeks, i can't figure it out. will773-can you tell me if cabin 11231 has the bed near the balcony? thanks a bunch :)

Your bed will be by the bathroom.

Here is the short guide to rooms on the Oasis and Allure. BOTH ships have the same configurations. There may be a few exceptions to the following generality, but you will find this to be your best guideline…..

All non-suite cabins were built as a pair of cabins. There is a common wall between the 2 cabins that zigzags between them, and that dictates the bedding arrangement for each of the 2 rooms. The cabin configurations alternate; every other one is the same. Likewise, every adjacent cabin is different.

On the left-side cabin, the bed is adjacent to the bathroom. This is a cramped arrangement and should be avoided. There is inadequate access to the closet, and you must lift your luggage over the bed to enter the stateroom. The cabin looks and feels crowded. Two people will have trouble getting dressed if they both need access to the closet and bath.

On the right-side cabin, the bed is adjacent to the balcony. This is the preferred arrangement for most people. While not spacious, the cabin looks and feels comfortable.

You can tell which cabin is which by merely looking at the floor plan of the ship. Wherever you see adjoining cabins (shown by the arrows connecting 2 rooms), this is always ONE of the pair-of-cabins. When viewed from the hallway, there will be 2 entrance doors next to each other. One door is LEFT and one door is RIGHT.

Always remember: RIGHT is RIGHT. Select the door to the cabin on the RIGHT. It does not matter if they are inside cabins, ocean-view cabins, ocean-view balconies, Central Park balconies, Boardwalk balconies: RIGHT is RIGHT, when viewed from the hallway.

Once you find a adjoining cabin pair, merely count by two’s up or down the floor plan. This will show you each and every pair-of-cabins. Again, when viewed from the hallway, if you want a bed by the bath, select the left door. If you want the bed by the balcony, select the right door.

Bingo. This is another way to tell.

....Once you find a adjoining cabin pair, merely count by two’s up or down the floor plan. This will show you each and every pair-of-cabins. Again, when viewed from the hallway, if you want a bed by the bath, select the left door. If you want the bed by the balcony, select the right door.

I have seen a few other ways to tell but I think this one works very well and is quite easy and concise. Good post. Of course, one just has to remember that RIGHT is RIGHT if one likes the bed by the balcony configuration! :D

Edited by Ocean Boy

I'll cover all of you! ;)

Your bed will be by the bathroom.

eeks, i can't figure it out. will773-can you tell me if cabin 11231 has the bed near the balcony? thanks a bunch :)

Will773-thanks so much! I just changed my cabin to a RIGHTY :) 11615 The reps at the cruise line of course have no clue about this stuff. Methinks, part of their training should be reading CC so they could be knowledgeable ;)