$7.95 Room Service Charge

ROOM SERVICE UPDATES

The room service menu has had a fleet-wide update, with new menus and pricing designed to deliver the best service possible to all our guests.

With the exception of the Continental breakfast options, all room service orders now come with a charge of $7.95 per order, no matter what time of day they are placed. The charges are applied at the time guests place their order, so if they order from the American breakfast menu in the morning and then the All-Day menu in the afternoon they will be charged $7.95 both times.

The complimentary Continental breakfast menu offers a wide and delicious range of options, so guests can still take advantage of room service without additional fees in the morning.

( Info Royal Caribbean UK)

ROOM SERVICE UPDATES

The room service menu has had a fleet-wide update, with new menus and pricing designed to deliver the best service possible to all our guests.

With the exception of the Continental breakfast options, all room service orders now come with a charge of $7.95 per order, no matter what time of day they are placed. The charges are applied at the time guests place their order, so if they order from the American breakfast menu in the morning and then the All-Day menu in the afternoon they will be charged $7.95 both times.

The complimentary Continental breakfast menu offers a wide and delicious range of options, so guests can still take advantage of room service without additional fees in the morning.

Is this just Australia or UK? We are going on Allure in October....I hope this is not happening in the US??????

Oh well, just won't order room service and then consider different lines in the future, the less that's included the more likely I will be to move to a different line.

Also I seem to recall the brochures state that room service is included so by UK advertising law any charges would contradict the brochure, interesting

You know we're getting ready to embark next month on an 18-day transpacific out of Sydney and this just adds to the epic levels we've heard about nickel-and-diming pax for standard stuff on what is actually a fairly expensive cruise booked 2 yrs ago with no discounts available. We've done 30+ cruises (first was actually an RCI Bahamas hop) and we chose this for the itinerary, but my expectations are already in the toilet - as apparently the corridor bouquet is. We've always been small ship cruisers (Radisson, Windstar, Seabourn, Seadream, Oceania, Crystal) and I fully expect that's where we'll be returning even though Radiance is a small ship by RCI standards. I'll try to keep an open mind but no robes, no bathroom amenities, charge for the smallest thing from room service, ridiculous beverage, excursion, and upsell dining options - no thank you. You can pay $100 more a day on an upscale line and enjoy the cruise more and not get taken to the woodshed.

I guess the good news is room service orders will fall off so they take less than 45 mins-2 hrs to fill. Bad news is this policy will add even more pressure to an already overcrowded Windjammer Cafe since breakfast in MDR is apparently a sketchy 60-90 minute affair. Working the open mind angle...

And then there will be the inevitable 18-20% on top of the $7.95 for room service English muffin and coffee...

Edited by shack

ROOM SERVICE UPDATES

Could you provide a link to that information please? I am unable to find this on the UK RCCL site, or anywhere else. That sounds like NCL ' S policy.

Could you provide a link to that information please? I am unable to find this on the UK RCCL site, or anywhere else. That sounds like NCL ' S policy.

I can't find it anywhere either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is in the FAQ on the Royal Caribbean website:

Staterooms

s.gif

cor_print_icon.gifPrint This Pages.gif

Q: Is there room service onboard?s.gifA: Room service is available onboard any time of the day or night - simply order from the room service menu located in your stateroom/suite (late night service charge of $3.95* applies).

*Service charge subject to change without notice.

This is in the FAQ on the Royal Caribbean website:

Staterooms

s.gif

cor_print_icon.gifPrint This Pages.gif

Q: Is there room service onboard?s.gifA: Room service is available onboard any time of the day or night - simply order from the room service menu located in your stateroom/suite (late night service charge of $3.95* applies).

*Service charge subject to change without notice.

Nothing new about this late night charge...but what the OP is posting is...however is that only applying to UK....since nothing has been mentioned about this for us in the USA.

or pay RCI prices and say no to all the upsell offers.;)

Ah but saying "No" all day long is not my idea of a relaxing vacation. Sure, you can self-sequester yourself to your cabin and avoid some of it, but non-stop upsell at the pool and IN FRONT OF MDR is annoying, unprofessional, and looks cheap to the customer. However apparently you have to take the dining upsell to get a decent meal. We took the pre-sold 5 night specialty dining pkg -- and glad we did based upon MDR and Windjammer reviews.

Nothing new about this late night charge...but what the OP is posting is...however is that only applying to UK....since nothing has been mentioned about this for us in the USA.

There is nothing other than the usual $3.95 Charge for late night service on the UK site either....??

:mad::mad::mad: Hope it's not for US sailings! :mad::mad::mad:

I'll have two very disappointed teenage boys with me on my next cruise.

How do you get your teenage boys to stay in the rooms?? Mine were always out and about, came back to sleep and that's it. They ate primarily in the Windjammer every single cruise! LOL

However apparently you have to take the dining upsell to get a decent meal. We took the pre-sold 5 night specialty dining pkg -- and glad we did based upon MDR and Windjammer reviews.
That's the problem - you believe the reviews and self sequester into specialty venues.