Future Cruise Deposits?

LC1950

Help! I know I could purchase FCCs or FCDs or whatever they're called on Princess website in the past ... but I just can't find the area anymore. Where is the "request" for forms, etc., hiding? I have bought them online in the past but just can't find them today.

Yep, I'm a dunce, I found a cruise DH and I would like to book for 2019 today but unfortunately we've used all our FCCs for earlier cruises. Can anyone help? I'm from Australia and booking in Australia. I don't use a travel agent. Should that make a difference???

Am I having a "senior" moment with Princess' website ... or even worse, have I finally got "Oldtimers"? :o

Any assistance gratefully appreciated.

In the past there was a booking window for FCD's post cruise. As I remember, the window was 60 days (not sure of this time limit, may have been less). After that, no access.

Also, the benefit schedule for post cruise purchases was considerably less than the onboard purchase arrangement.

We once booked a BVE specifically to purchase more FCDs. Unfortunately for the OP the BVE program is not offered in Australia. We too ran out of FCD (again!). Never though that would happen but I ended up booking 4 cruises and only had 3 FCDs each. D'Oh! Have to buy a bunch more next month.

Here's a link to the current FCD form with all types of currency listed including AUD that clearly states "Only sailing guests are eligible to purchase a FCD".

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=407507&d=1496161947

Maybe in Australia it was possible to download a form to purchase FCDs but the only thing I've seen in the US is purchasing during a cruise or BVE for full credit or as others have written a limited period of time post-cruise with a reduced amount of credit.

I located a description of the post-cruise "Welcome Home Program" which displays the reduced OBCs.

http://supplierdeals.nexion.com/images/WelcomeHomeProgram_eFlyer_Final.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

Good job, Astro Flyer--that's the form I was looking for. Where did you find it? I searched the whole website--or thought I did.

So it looks like you can download before your cruise but you have submit it onboard. I always get this form delivered to my cabin sometime during the cruise. But I'm sure I've seen it on the website somewhere sometime.

Okay, I see now: it is something you get after you are home. I see it is not available if you already bought one on your cruise.

Good job, Astro Flyer--that's the form I was looking for. Where did you find it? I searched the whole website--or thought I did.

So it looks like you can download before your cruise but you have submit it onboard. I always get this form delivered to my cabin sometime during the cruise. But I'm sure I've seen it on the website somewhere sometime.

Okay, I see now: it is something you get after you are home. I see it is not available if you already bought one on your cruise.

I too had previously been able to locate the old form on their website however not this new version which lacks the OBC information. Someone posted the new FCD form which I bookmarked for future reference.

Since it only applies to passengers who meet the post-cruise purchase requirements apparently it's impossible to get the form without receiving the emailed offer...or like me from someone who graciously posted it on CC.

In January we used the Future Cruise Consultant's page on the Princess@Sea intranet system to digitally request FCDs without a paper form. We quickly received an emailed confirmation of our FCDs which I also confirmed by accessing My Princess (Free) to confirm they were in our accounts. I didn't want to return home to discover they hadn't been issued during our cruise & our only option purchasing post-cruise with less OBC.

I always buy them onboard but I do remember seeing the form available for download. I believe I saw it somewhere in My Princess with the other downloadable forms. I will try to find it and post again.

I have seen the form available for download and printing in the Personalizer for a booked cruise.

However, that is so you can give the form to the onboard future sales rep, not so you can actually purchase them online.

LC1950 is in Australia. Maybe it has worked different there than in the USA.

I have seen the form available for download and printing in the Personalizer for a booked cruise.

However, that is so you can give the form to the onboard future sales rep, not so you can actually purchase them online.

Australia's no different to the USA, we still have to buy them onboard

Yes, that is how it worked. But they are not available from the Personalizer any more. It seemed unnecessary since they are passed out to all the cabins during the cruise and you can always get one at the Future Cruise Sales office.

Thanks everyone for your input. Much appreciated. Lesson learned here ... always stock up on FCDs so that there's a couple 'swinging' for that time when you need it. I'll ring Princess tomorrow and see about booking that 2019 cruise. LOL will probably have to do it the "old fashioned" way. Wonder if I'll feel like a newbie??? ;)

We always have several extra futures as a safeguard, but I ran out once recently. However, if you do run out, you can book with a $100 per person deposit or whatever it is at the time, and when you get futures (as long as before final payment date), you can have Princess substitute the futures and refund your deposit back to your credit card.. You will still get the higher amount of on board credit for booking with futures this way, rather than the lower amount in the futures that are sometimes for sale AFTER your cruise. I recently did this, so I know it is possible.

We always have several extra futures as a safeguard, but I ran out once recently. However, if you do run out, you can book with a $100 per person deposit or whatever it is at the time, and when you get futures (as long as before final payment date), you can have Princess substitute the futures and refund your deposit back to your credit card.. You will still get the higher amount of on board credit for booking with futures this way, rather than the lower amount in the futures that are sometimes for sale AFTER your cruise. I recently did this, so I know it is possible.

That's good to know that you were able to substitute a regular deposit with a FCD to get the OBC.

We recently misjudged our FCD needs & booked during a $1 deposit promotion & will purchase FCDs on our next cruise. That's well before the $1 deposit cruise's final payment & will make the change to get our $150 of OBC. Even though the $1 deposit is non-refundable it's obviously cost effective for us to use a FCD to get the OBC. ;)

... if you do run out, you can book with a $100 per person deposit or whatever it is at the time, and when you get futures (as long as before final payment date), you can have Princess substitute the futures and refund your deposit back to your credit card. ... I recently did this, so I know it is possible.

I would throw out one caution here: We did this once, but discovered if the promo you booked under is no longer in effect, you will have to book under whatever promos are offered at the time.

For example, our January Mexican Riviera cruise was initially booked under Sip & Sail. When we got our FCDs and went to apply them (on board with the future cruise consultant), we essentially had to refare under the 3 for Free deal that was being offered a during that time.

Jim

I would throw out one caution here: We did this once, but discovered if the promo you booked under is no longer in effect, you will have to book under whatever promos are offered at the time.

For example, our January Mexican Riviera cruise was initially booked under Sip & Sail. When we got our FCDs and went to apply them (on board with the future cruise consultant), we essentially had to refare under the 3 for Free deal that was being offered a during that time.

Jim

Thanks for the reminder to confirm any affects before making any changes.

We booked a 2019 cruise with a $1 deposit but didn't have to increase to the $100 deposit when adding S+S. It was the same thing when we replaced the S+S with 3 for Free which was better for us. We're purchasing FCDs before the end of the 3 for Free promotion so hopefully our TA can simply add the FCD without any adverse affects to our 3 for Free booking.

We're purchasing FCDs before the end of the 3 for Free promotion so hopefully our TA can simply add the FCD without any adverse affects to our 3 for Free booking.

Yes, I think that should work.

I'll be on board the Emerald next week and I just hope I can talk my wife into going beyond the usual two FCDs. I've been "forced" to book three cruises now without them and each one is a wasted opportunity for onboard credit.

Jim

Yes, I think that should work.

I'll be on board the Emerald next week and I just hope I can talk my wife into going beyond the usual two FCDs. I've been "forced" to book three cruises now without them and each one is a wasted opportunity for onboard credit.

Jim

Yes, we had two each and I wish it were three for just now in a special situation we are in. It's just money in the bank earning POTENTIAL interest. If you don't use it, you do get your money back, so it's a no-brainer IMO.