INSIDE state room with 3 people... (2beds)

reefshoe

I booked an inside with 3 people and my PVP told me we were in a room with two uppers, meaning two bunk beds. 4 people total can fit in those rooms. Then the upgrade fairy visited and now we're in an oceanview and I looked at the deckplan and there is a pull out couch for the 3rd person.

Anyone ever book a inside room with 3 people? where does the 3rd person sleep?

You can't book 3 people in a double room. You would have to book in a room with an upper, 2 uppers or the sofa (I have never seen one that pulls out, they just make the sofa up as a bed). Your TA or Carnival won't let you book a room that only sleeps two, so don't worry!!

Not only did I book an inside cabin with 3 people, we cruised for 10 days in the inside cabin. It was small. Two lowers and one upper but you really don't spend that much time in your cabin anyway. We survived nicely and had lots of extra money to spend on excursions and foo foo drinks.:D I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I booked an inside with 3 people and my PVP told me we were in a room with two uppers, meaning two bunk beds. 4 people total can fit in those rooms. Then the upgrade fairy visited and now we're in an oceanview and I looked at the deckplan and there is a pull out couch for the 3rd person.

we are in the same situation...3 people 2 uppers...wonder can you fold one of the upper in to have more space:confused:

we are in the same situation...3 people 2 uppers...wonder can you fold one of the upper in to have more space:confused:

Yes. You can put the beds up at any time, or ask the steward to. If you only have 3 people, the steward will only pull down one of the uppers. No worries!!

On the Destiny-- 3 people can book into a double room. the thirda person sleeps on a roll away bed.

Thanks Cheryl! I wonder how they get away with that with calling it a double, which is max capacity of 2 but really being a triple, as far as the Coast Guard regs, etc?? Well... good to know!!

Sorry, didn't see that about it being an inside :D

Was kinda surprised you didnt see that--but figured you were overly excited about the money ya be saving on the Conquest next year--so understandable.

LOL, yeah!! Plus we are looking at pictures from last weeks cruise!!! So my mind is on the sea :D

We sailed the Truimph last year. In one room we had 3 people, they brought in a "roll-a-way" It sat about a foot off the floor. In the other room we had 4 people with 2 uppers. The uppers were put up during the day by the steward automatically. I asked that they leave one down so my dd could take a nap. It worked out just fine. Only time we had a problem was when were were getting ready for dinner. Then my patience hit the limit:eek: ! Good luck!

On the Conquest I had an inside room with 2 uppers and 3 people. I left a note for the steward after we got into the room and requested that 1 upper be used and designated which side. He pulled it down each night and put it back up each morning. On the Conquest they fold up flat into the ceiling so the unused bunk was completely out of the way and hidden.

On the Destiny-- 3 people can book into a double room. the third person sleeps on a roll away bed.

Inside cabins do not have sofas either.

Actually that might depend on the room. We had 9102 on the Destiny and had a sofa.

And on the Elation we have 116. It is suppose to have a sofa, but I'm thinking it will probably be more like a love seat.

On Celebrity Mercury... I booked specific room , because of location. I didn't think they would book 3 people into the room for 2!!!

It didn't have pullman beds and our 13 y.o. son had to sleep on a roll-away bed. That wasn't very comfortable , as it looked like one big bed for all of us.

Ship was full and we couldn't switch the rooms, we asked our steward to take this bed out of our room during the day, and so he did.

Actually that might depend on the room. We had 9102 on the Destiny and had a sofa.

And on the Elation we have 116. It is suppose to have a sofa, but I'm thinking it will probably be more like a love seat.

it depends on the room-- if you look at the deck plans that cabin is an exceptionto the rule.

You can't book 3 people in a double room. You would have to book in a room with an upper, 2 uppers or the sofa (I have never seen one that pulls out, they just make the sofa up as a bed). Your TA or Carnival won't let you book a room that only sleeps two, so don't worry!!

You can book 3 poeple in a 2 bed room. Ship occupancy is never maxed out, every berth filled, the ship has many more beds than they are allowed to fill per coast guard regulations. If the maximum has not been reached and the have no more triples or quads left, they will put you in a double room and bring in a rollaway. Happens all the time actually, not a comfortable situation, but the cruise line will allow it because they are making money off it.

My point exactly. There are other options besides an upper. couldn't imagine an adult squeezing up into an upper bunk.

it really isnt that bad-- an adult can sit upright onthe upper bed with plenty of head room. My kids slept up there and they all stand over 6 feet tall.

You can book 3 poeple in a 2 bed room. Ship occupancy is never maxed out, every berth filled, the ship has many more beds than they are allowed to fill per coast guard regulations. If the maximum has not been reached and the have no more triples or quads left, they will put you in a double room and bring in a rollaway. Happens all the time actually, not a comfortable situation, but the cruise line will allow it because they are making money off it.

Actually, it depends on the ship... the coast guard is pretty strict on this. The newer ships cannot and will not allow rollaways... it's not always about the money. The ships face serious fines for allowing more people in a cabin than the capacity listed. Chances are, a cabin that is listed as a double is actually listed as a 3 person capacity to the CG... the fines are heavy and I doubt they would be willing to face those fines for a $400 fare...

The newer ships cannot and will not allow rollaways...

I am not saying i have sailed every new ship out there, as i am sure you have not either, but i know we have gotten a rollaway twice on new ships. I really don't think the CG really cares on how many people the cruise lines book in a cabin as they know they are not going to go overboard with it for fear of making the passengers uncomfortable, thus making unhappy passengers who will complain of the situation. If you look at the Deck Plans of the newer ships, you will notice that a far larger percentage of cabins haf triple/quad capacity, which the beds fold up into the ceiling. The reason they do this, is to give them a better chance at filling the ship to capacity, not every bed can be filled, because it exceeds the capacity allowance if the CG. And the truth is that many of these extra berths do go unused, so the cruise line still has that extra capacity to use so they are allowed to use a rollaway.

I am not saying i have sailed every new ship out there, as i am sure you have not either, but i know we have gotten a rollaway twice on new ships. I really don't think the CG really cares on how many people the cruise lines book in a cabin as they know they are not going to go overboard with it for fear of making the passengers uncomfortable, thus making unhappy passengers who will complain of the situation. If you look at the Deck Plans of the newer ships, you will notice that a far larger percentage of cabins haf triple/quad capacity, which the beds fold up into the ceiling. The reason they do this, is to give them a better chance at filling the ship to capacity, not every bed can be filled, because it exceeds the capacity allowance if the CG. And the truth is that many of these extra berths do go unused, so the cruise line still has that extra capacity to use so they are allowed to use a rollaway.

I believe it is just the Spirit and Conquest Class ships that they don't allow rollaways on... they don't have them.

Archived