Help with PG Excursions

vegasbb

Going on my Hmoon on the PG - departing October 31st. Unfortunately with all the wedding planning I haven't had much time to research what the best excursions are as I normally do. I'm getting dive certified next week, so I would like to throw a couple dives into the mix - but preferably "easier" ones (no night dives, etc) since I'll be brand new to diving! Also, I'm a huge fan of the whole laying on the beach (motu?) thing, but I'm confused as to which days this is an option ! My 7 day itinerary is this:

*Raiatea

*Taha'a

*Bora Bora (2 days)

*Moorea (2 days)

Which days are the ones when we get to lay on the beach? Which dives are best? Any other recommendations for "active" type excursions that are not to be missed (we'll probably be skipping the bus tour type of things)?

Thanks in advance for helping make our honeymoon special!

Dive the scuba tooupa (sic) on bora bora, the shark reef or ledges on Moorea ( pg divemasters martin and dominique wonderful) , Dr. Poole's Dolphin excursion on Moorea (we snorkeled with a whale in august search youtube for moorea whale) () and coral gardens drift snorkel on tahaa. we also enjoyed lagoonarium (primarily the circle island trip part) with local characters as guides on bora bora.

Going on my Hmoon on the PG - departing October 31st. Unfortunately with all the wedding planning I haven't had much time to research what the best excursions are as I normally do. I'm getting dive certified next week, so I would like to throw a couple dives into the mix - but preferably "easier" ones (no night dives, etc) since I'll be brand new to diving! Also, I'm a huge fan of the whole laying on the beach (motu?) thing, but I'm confused as to which days this is an option ! My 7 day itinerary is this:

*Raiatea

*Taha'a

*Bora Bora (2 days)

*Moorea (2 days)

Which days are the ones when we get to lay on the beach? Which dives are best? Any other recommendations for "active" type excursions that are not to be missed (we'll probably be skipping the bus tour type of things)?

I agree with everything said so far (do NOT plan anything on Taha'a day ---------- you will love the beach at the private motu, drinks, lunch, snorkeling (not great but so easy =) and everything else!) We enjoyed very much the ATV Excursion offered by Regent on Moorea.

And if you want more beach time, for one of the days when you're "on" Bora Bora, you can go the motu there, which is not set up with chairs, refreshments, etc., but it is a very nice beach and a quiet place to snorkel and enjoy the spectacular surroundings. The ship will have tenders going to the motu, weather permitting.

You guys are all so incredibly helpful! I will definitely leave Taha'a day and 1 day in Bora Bora open for some beach relaxing. I was also wondering if anyone had any tips for which day to make our dining reservations in the nice restaurant for? I would hate to make it on the "polynesian" night because isn't that the night that the food is the same in both? Any nights to avoid when I choose my reservation online?

*Raiatea

*Taha'a

*Bora Bora (2 days)

*Moorea (2 days)

We were on the PG in 2008. We only did active type excursions. Two stand out. The river kayaking on Raiatea and the three coconut hike on Moorea.

Archived