Dress code on the Journey

sylveve

We just got off a 7 day and the most dressed up I saw men and they were few and far between were in the specialty dining room. I would say no.

Word of warning I still over-packed even without the formal attire.

If you are an Elite Captain's Club member (just not sure if it is in other's booklet) you get a coupon for a laundry bag worth of laundry for $15.00 We sent ours out and it came back very nicely washed and folded. Well worth the money to take less clothes on an 18 day trip.

I swear every trip I will take less clothes and it never works.

Vicki

I know the dress code is advertised as Casual, but will it be necessary for men to wear a jacket, or jacket & tie at any time during our 18 day cruise?

On my last Journey cruise, I wore a sport jacket in the specialty dining rooms. For me it added to the evening's "specialness". But no jacket is ever required.

On my last Journey cruise, I wore a sport jacket in the specialty dining rooms. For me it added to the evening's "specialness". But no jacket is ever required.

Ditto. It was nice to have, but certainly not necessary.

We just returned from Journey to Bermuda. Several nights ago, the 2 gentlemen at a nearby table in Discovery wore Bermuda shorts with knee socks and jackets. On the last night, we were sitting near them again and they both had on jeans and no socks or jackets. A lady next to us had on a jogging suit. Maybe the last night is different because people have packed everything but what they want to wear off the ship. We had until midnight to put the luggage in the hallway.

"the 2 gentlemen at a nearby table in Discovery wore Bermuda shorts with knee socks and jackets"

As this is traditional wear for Bermuda it would be acceptable, as a kilt would also be acceptable as long as they are outfits and not just pieces.

My first Bermuda cruise I was shopping at Smiths and saw a formal tuxedo complete with satin striped shorts and knee high socks. I asked the Social hostess if anyone had ever worn a formal 'Bermudian' tuxedo in the diningroom and she said she never saw one, however she saw the gleam in my eye and told me that it WOULD be acceptable as long as it was done correctly.

I was the hit of the last formal evening, even the Captain took his picture with me.

Just thought I'd share, I'll look and see if I can find a pic...but that was many moons ago..........

Dave:eek:

Archived