Helicopter tour. Which island?

Kingofcool1947

Aloha!

DW and I will be on the Princess Grand for a 15 Day Hawaii Cruise R/T San Francisco 1/22/2018.

DW and I have been vacationing (land only) yearly in the Hawaiian Islands for 20+ years, but have never done a Hawaii cruise, and we probably will not do a Hawaii cruise again. This is a last minute splurge of the moment cruise vacation. :D Wife prefers Hawaii 3-4 week land vacations.

Since we will have $900 in OBC for this cruise, I was thinking I might as well use it for a helicopter tour. We have hiked Volcano National Park on the Big Island, and hiked Waimea Canyon on Kauai, and hiked Napili Coast on Maui, but have never done a helicopter tour to see them from the air.

Which island would you recommend for a helicopter tour? And with less chance of cancellation due to bad weather.

Do any of the tour operators remove the window or door for photography/video?

Mahalo!

Aloha!

DW and I will be on the Princess Grand for a 15 Day Hawaii Cruise R/T San Francisco 1/22/2018.

DW and I have been vacationing (land only) yearly in the Hawaiian Islands for 20+ years, but have never done a Hawaii cruise, and we probably will not do a Hawaii cruise again. This is a last minute splurge of the moment cruise vacation. :D Wife prefers Hawaii 3-4 week land vacations.

Since we will have $900 in OBC for this cruise, I was thinking I might as well use it for a helicopter tour. We have hiked Volcano National Park on the Big Island, and hiked Waimea Canyon on Kauai, and hiked Napili Coast on Maui, but have never done a helicopter tour to see them from the air.

Which island would you recommend for a helicopter tour? And with less chance of cancellation due to bad weather.

Do any of the tour operators remove the window or door for photography/video?

Mahalo!

Depends on whether you want Volcanoes or steep cliffs. My preference would be Kauai. Hilo can have bad weather limiting or even cancelling flights.

• 2 weeks later...

Only one island can give you both 2,000 foot waterfalls and flowing lava (currently surface flows only, no ocean entry at this time) and that’s the Big Island of Hawai‘i. I always suggest (and have done several times myself) the Paradise Helicopters “Circle Island Tour” out of the Kona Airport. This is the closest to Kailua Pier, where the tenders land at Kona.